NEurope

Embrace 2012 Nintendo, embrace it!

Oh but they have!!

Scan the QR code below and you can download the Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics 2012 Virtual Card Album for free.

The app lets you collect themed cards based on Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games via SpotPass, StreetPass, connecting to Nintendo Zone hotspots or by spending Play Coins. You can also trade cards with other players using the 3DS console's infra red function. There are 73 cards to collect in total with different rarity values, but you get five to start your collection.

The application is only available until 9th September.

If you're in the UK and have a 3DS, scan the QR code below following these instructions:

Hold L or R on the 3DS Home Menu to bring up the camera.

Tap the chequerboard option — this opens up the QR reader.

Align the frame with the QR code and it will offer you a link.

Press A.

650x.jpg

vc-reviews.com

I used up 100 play coins buying all the cards! Still missing 1 5 star card and 5 3 star cards and I have no idea how to get the 1 star and 2 star cards.

I think it is, but just in case have you tried it out?

Well, actually, I don't really care :laughing:

Well, actually, I don't really care :laughing:

Haha great man. I also wanted to know if it's UK only, but couldn't be bothered to download and try it myself. Someone else outside the UK gave it a try? :)

Haha great man. I also wanted to know if it's UK only, but couldn't be bothered to download and try it myself. Someone else outside the UK gave it a try? :)

well, 3dsbuzz.com says that it's Europe. . .:heh:

Well, apparently you need to be in the zone: Nintendo Zone to receive some of the cards as far as I have understood.

I downloaded that Sonic and Mario card thingy over the weekend. I quite like it, gives me something to spend my play coins on and I do love collecting random stuff!

Well, apparently you need to be in the zone: Nintendo Zone to receive some of the cards as far as I have understood.

Whats the deal with this Nintendo Zone thing? I was at the Metro Centre at the weekend and it popped up on my 3DS.

This week's Nintendo Download http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/nintendo_download_12th_july_2012_europe

3DS Download Software

Sparkle Snapshots 3D (Nintendo/Atlus, £4.50/€5)

3DS Add-On Content

Sparkle Snapshots 3D — £0.90/€1 each:

Mario Core Set

Mario Kart 7 Set

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy — £0.90/€1 each:

The Archylte Steppe (FF13 — FMS)

Matoya's Cave (FF01 — FMS)

Battle 1 (FF03 — BMS)

The Final Battle (FF05 — BMS)

WiiWare

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition (Konami, 1000pts)

DSiWare

Topoloco (Abstraction Games, 500pts)

99seconds (EnjoyUp Games, 200pts)

Whats the deal with this Nintendo Zone thing? I was at the Metro Centre at the weekend and it popped up on my 3DS.

It's basically the 3DS equivilent of those old DS Download Stations. Free WiFi, game demos, videos etc. There is one big difference between it and the old DS one though... You can actually access it from home simply by changing your home wireless connection's SSID to "_The Cloud" and removing security completely. It'll trick the 3DS into thinking that it's in a Nintendo Zone hotspot!

There's nothing really interesting on there ATM though, outside of those exclusive Mario&Sonic cards.

This is a bad week for 3DS Downloads, bar Theatrhythm DLC. But I haven't even played Theatrhythm yet.

It's basically the 3DS equivilent of those old DS Download Stations. Free WiFi, game demos, videos etc. There is one big difference between it and the old DS one though... You can actually access it from home simply by changing your home wireless connection's SSID to "_The Cloud" and removing security completely. It'll trick the 3DS into thinking that it's in a Nintendo Zone hotspot!

There's nothing really interesting on there ATM though, outside of those exclusive Mario&Sonic cards.

Thanks. I use the Nintendo dongle though so i'll have to make do with using the Nintendo Zone when i'm out and about.

That is awesome! I'm going to try it tomorrow. Thanks for the information, man!

(Looks around for the reputation button...)

North America got Family Tennis 3D last week via eshop. I wonder if or when we'll see the game here. I'd probably buy it I think.

Yeah, I already read that review - game looks fun doesn't it. Thanks anyway. :)

This weeks releases.

Game Boy Color classic Wario Land 2 arrives for download on the 3DS eShop this Thursday, Nintendo has announced.

That's the one where Wario's treasure is nabbed by provocatively-dressed pirate Captain Syrup. There's lots of alternate paths and crazy forms for Wario to turn into. It's yours for £4.50.

PopCap puzzler Zuma's Revenge also pops for £7.20. It's a shrunken-down version of the home console version, with 60 levels and Daily Dungeons offering three daily challenges.

Side-scrolling action title Flip the Core (£1.80) will also launch, alongside another four Theatrhythm Final Fantasy tracks as DLC: The Dalmasca Estersand (FF12 - FMS), Dungeon (FF02 - FMS), Etro's Champion (FFS - BMS) and Battle (FF06 - BMS). Each costs 90p.

Finally, on Wii, Double Dragon 2: The Revenge for 500 Wii Points (about £3.50) and Successfully Learning English Year 2 for 800 Wii Points (about £5.60). The former is an arcade and NES title originally launched in 1988. The latter originally launched on DSiWare, and stars a vampire named Freddy.

Good week all in all! (I've already got WL2 on GBC cartridge, so I'll skip it, but my mate will be chuffed! :) )

Except for the Theathrythm DLC, kinda meh songs really.

I am disappointed with the eShop. No 16 bit gems so far (which was one of the main reasons i bought the 3DS for)

Kirby's Pinball Land is coming to Europe next week for £2.70.

Nintendo UK link

OH SWEET BABY JESUS YES!!!

I LOVE this game! :heart: and it's one that will benefit hugely from the 3DS' VC features (temp save states, always there portability etc)

Definately double dipping on this one! :bouncy:

OH SWEET BABY JESUS YES!!!

I LOVE this game! :heart: and it's one that will benefit hugely from the 3DS' VC features (temp save states, always there portability etc)

Definately double dipping on this one! :bouncy:

Hmm, why do I get the feeling that you like this game?

I like the pinball game genre, but didn't think Kirby's Pinball Land would be worth trying. Will definitely look into this one now thanks to Dcubed. The game obviously must have some qualities I reckon.