NEurope

Went through so many AA batteries playing Dr Mario on the old Gameboy. Good times. :geek:

Although every time I go on the eShop, I type it in to the search box, just on the off chance that it's being monitored by someone and that Nintendo might notice. :heh:

Lol, you think this works? *reaches for 3DS...*

Lol, you think this works? *reaches for 3DS...*
Probably not. :laughing: But you never know... :hehe:

That's an excellent idea! (Types in...)

Shantae 3

Dragon Quest

Dragon Quest II

Dragon Quest III

Metroid: Zero Mission

Metroid Dread

Ninja Five-O

Super Mario World

Zombie Slayer Diox

"Rhythm games and zombie slashers both have the potential to be a lot of fun, but their marriage here in Zombie Slayer Diox is one of conflict, and the weaknesses of both genres are far more vividly on display than the strengths. The music is passable and the visual presentation is clean enough, but the repetitive gameplay and clumsy controls turn the experience into a chore. We could possibly recommend it as a time-waster, but with less expensive and better options already in strong supply in the eShop, there's nothing that merits a special mention for Zombie Slayer Diox."

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3dsware/zombie_slayer_diox 4/10

I read the blurb about that Zombie Slayer Diox earlier in the week and thought it sounded so bonkers it might just work. Maybe they will make an improved sequel.

This weeks releases.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble, Shinobi and Dragon Crystal both launch this Thursday as downloadable games. Sonic costs €5 / £4.50, Shinobi costs €4 / £3.60, and Dragon Crystal costs €3 / £2.70.

On the Wii Virtual Console, Capcom's Mega Man 5 launches for 500 Wii Points. DSiWare puzzle game Hints Hunter launches on the 3DS eShop and the DSi Shop for €2 / £1.80 or 200 Nintendo DSi Points.

Meanwhile, 3DS owners get the fourth Shaun the Sheep 3D clip, called Bitzer over easy, created in 3D by Aardman Animations. The third part in a series of Kid Icarus Anime clips is also available from Nintendo Video. It's called Thanatos Rising, and features Pit and his battle against one of Medusa's minions.

Sorry if this has been posted, but remember people were talking about updates for Super Mario Bros and Metroid? I don't remember seeing anything about the effect they have, so I thought I'd post some photos:

mario.jpg

metroid.jpg

restorepoint.jpg

Basically, they:

1) Change the game icon to a NES next to a TV with the appropriate title screen on (very cool, I think!)

2) Apply Restore Points (very welcome - I might be able to complete Metroid!)

3) Delete your progress. Didn't bother me as I hadn't played them much at all, but something to keep in mind.

same for Punch-Out!! the rest of the titles will probably be updated as they become available to everyone.

anyway. I'm slightly interested in playing Shinobi. Anyone else thinking of playing some GG games?

Edited by -Dem0-

I don't have much nostalgia for the Game Gear, personally, as I never owned one. But I did borrow my neighbour's for a bit and apparently the emulation of the machine is superb, so I might give it a go sometime.

Will be picking up Sonic, I'm a little interested in Dragon Crystal but I'm unsure on whether to get it or not.

If you are wanting to read up on Dragon Crystal there is a piece on 1UP.com about it. I can't dig up the link now due to the dopey work Internet filter, but its on their Retronauts site and is called something like 'The First Hour of...'

I'd never heard of it but it sounds roguelikey which is ok in my book.

So much for VVVVV coming out this month. Nicalis fails with an EU release once again? Shocker :rolleyes:

So much for VVVVV coming out this month. Nicalis fails with an EU release once again? Shocker :rolleyes:

How, why?! I don't understand how there can be any problems with releasing these games. Infuriating!

Sorry if this has been posted, but remember people were talking about updates for Super Mario Bros and Metroid?

Basically, they:

1) Change the game icon to a NES next to a TV with the appropriate title screen on (very cool, I think!)

2) Apply Restore Points (very welcome - I might be able to complete Metroid!)

3) Delete your progress. Didn't bother me as I hadn't played them much at all, but something to keep in mind.

That's awesome! :D I actually applied the updates but hadn't even chekced the icons, absolutely loving the 3D NES/Monitor the best bit about this? You can blow in the mic - just like with the other icons - and when it rotates you can even see the connections on the back :) a very nice touch indeed and I hope they do this for more VC titles.

On the subject of the VC I'm sorry that I've fallen behind with the updates for VC Weekly recently, I've been rather busy these past few weeks but I shall be catching up today. : peace:

No problems Sam, I enjoy reading your reviews. looking forward to it!

I'll give it a go, it's only £2.70 :P

In other news, Japan is getting Wario Land 2 next week, my personal favourite of the Wario Land's (and even the Mario Land's which I guess it technically still is) so I hope it's not too long before we get it.

Well, how's it aged?

Pretty well actually. Thought it would be more difficult but so far it hasn't been, although when the game start it did place me in a small room with 3 enemies right off the bat. At first I thought there was 4 enemies but it turned out to the dragon egg that follows you, was wondering why my attacks weren't working. If you like this style of games I say it's worth buying.

Actually I was going to ask you about Triple Trouble too.

It's... OK. Not as good as the console versions of course ;) I did noticed some elements from Sonic CD, gonna have to check and see which came out first. Probably little overpriced at £4.20.

The GameGear emulator itself is very good though. You can change the screen resolution in game instead of hold buttons down when it boots. There's 3 options, normal, dot per dot, and full. Dot per dot does what holding start/select does and shows the game inside a GameGear, you can also change the colour of the GameGear as well. Full stretches the image to fill the whole screen, but I think it looks terrible. Normal is the best option, it does have black bars on the side since it's 4:3 which I know some people don't like.

You can also turn a blur filter on and off, I kept mine on off of course ;)

You can even remap the controls if you wanted to, Nintendo should probably take a few notes for their own emulators.

Saves states are also present.

This isn't an April Fool btw, VC Weekly is finally up to date again... :yay:

Four games this week, I swear Sega loves to dump a load of games on us at once on purpose :indeed: (I know one was courtesy of Capcom) I still remember back in the early days when one week there were five Megadrive games to cover, it was just as well that I'd played them all before.

Anyway... with it being another milestone next week I'm wondering what game(s) will make an appearance for #200 I'm hoping for something suitably epic but we shall see, either way Game On!

: peace:

Oh yeah and next weeks VC Weekly will be the last that I write...

:P

Now that's definitely an April Fool!

Oh yeah and next weeks VC Weekly will be the last that I write...

:P

Now that's definitely an April Fool!

Thanks for taking away my headache :grin:

Only to give me a Migraine :cry:

That was one of the better April fool's I've seen in a while.