NEurope

I've 1,600 points on my DSi. Help me spend em!

Here's what I've bought already:

- Dragon Quest Wars

- Shantae

- VT Tennis

I take it there is nothing of note left to come out on DSiWare that I should wait for? I want to spend all 1,600 points and not upload any more so can you bare that in mind. :heh: I'm thinking an Art Style game might be worth grabbing...?

- Dragon Quest Wars

- Shantae

- VT Tennis

If I had 1600 points left I'd be tempted by:

- Mighty Milky Way

- Dark Void Zero

- Or wait/hope for Cave Story

...But I'm not sure you like any of those genres?

- Dragon Quest Wars

- Shantae

- VT Tennis

I take it there is nothing of note left to come out on DSiWare that I should wait for? I want to spend all 1,600 points and not upload any more so can you bare that in mind. :heh: I'm thinking an Art Style game might be worth grabbing...?

All of the Art Style games are well worth getting!

There's loads of other greats like Xcape/3D Space Tank, Link N' Launch, Spotto/Bird and Bombs, Aura Aura Climber, Mario VS DK 3, Dr Mario, Pinball Pulse, Mighty Flip Champs, Mighty Milky Way, Brain Training Arts & Math, Face Pilot, Mr Driller, Trajectile/Reflect Missile, Starship Defence, etc.

There's no need to hold out and there's only 2 major games left to come to the EU DsiWare shop (Cave Story and Ikachan. Given Nicalis' record though, lord knows if we'll ever see them!)

Dark Void Zero is pretty good!

And Art Style Academy is awesome if you like drawing! Also.. If you got someone to play with, you should take a look at the updated multiplayer version of Elite Forces Unit 77. Last I want to point out AlphaBounce. It's very fun, and many hundreds of hours of playtime!

My girlfriend requires your help. We won a £10 eShop voucher on a caption competition and we've tried validating the code given but it gives us an error.

We thought that since it was a voucher you would redeem it when you try to buy something, we tried looking for Pullblox but couldn't find it. Have they stopped distributing it?

We thought that since it was a voucher you would redeem it when you try to buy something, we tried looking for Pullblox but couldn't find it. Have they stopped distributing it?

Just had a look. At the moment, it's five squares to the right when you start up the eShop.

Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham:

"FACT TIME: the Nintendo 3DS is the best handheld in history. Just saying"

Oh really? that's very ni... wait one moment, where's my Mudd? :angry:

Is Dark Void Zero that good?

I was looking here and it turns out there are plenty of highly rated DSiWare titles. Thats gonna make it difficult to narrow things down. :laughing: I was thinking of looking into an ArtStyle game seeing as I've never played one - whats the most highly recommended?

Maybe Mighty Milky Way as well as you can never have too much WayForward!

I was thinking of looking into an ArtStyle game seeing as I've never played one - whats the most highly recommended?

I recommend PiCOPiCT, it's all Nintendo themed, lots of remixed music and it's quite challenging on some stages.

I recommend PiCOPiCT, it's all Nintendo themed, lots of remixed music and it's quite challenging on some stages.
I've lost count of the amount of times that I've recommended that game to @darksnowman! :heh:

But what the hell, one more time won't hurt...

Stevo, get PiCOPiCT! :laughing:

What are you're favourite genres snow? most of the best titles on DSiWare are puzzlers or have plenty of puzzle based gameplay.

I'd go with Picopict, I've been through many recommendation threads/forums and that name has come up an awful lot along with MFC.

Is Dark Void Zero that good?

I don't know. I should say I haven't played any of the games I suggested to you, they're just the ones I would be tempted by. Personally, I am a little bit put-off by Dark Void Zero's NES origins, and I hear it's somewhat Metroid-like so I don't know if it'd be for you either.

Going by the remake, Cave Story is a good game, albeit hard and, again, it's rather Metroid-like. (Not to mention it's currently unavailable in Europe!)

So I would guess Mighty Milky Way is a good contender for you. I must be honest, it is not the type of game I'd want to play if it wasn't by WayForward. But the sprite work looks good and the music is by the excellent Jake Kaufman so I think I'll give it a go sooner or later.

eShop Update

3DS VC

The Legend of Zelda (NES, Nintendo, £4.50/€5)

This will be the latest title for the 3DS VC, this means that we'll get save states & a new icon for the game on the homescreen.

That's it for the 3DS this week.

:blank:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sort off-screen video demonstrating the multiplayer of 'Bomb Monkey' Renegade Kids' latest 3DS eShop title.

And someone with Jools Watsham trying to describe Bomb Monkey.

Edited by -Dem0-

I don't know. I should say I haven't played any of the games I suggested to you, they're just the ones I would be tempted by. Personally, I am a little bit put-off by Dark Void Zero's NES origins, and I hear it's somewhat Metroid-like so I don't know if it'd be for you either.

Going by the remake, Cave Story is a good game, albeit hard and, again, it's rather Metroid-like. (Not to mention it's currently unavailable in Europe!)

So I would guess Mighty Milky Way is a good contender for you. I must be honest, it is not the type of game I'd want to play if it wasn't by WayForward. But the sprite work looks good and the music is by the excellent Jake Kaufman so I think I'll give it a go sooner or later.

You do know that that backstory was just made up as a fun marketing gimmick don't you?

So Bomb Monkey is a block puzzle game? Cool. I'm always game for another good block puzzle game.

At the rate of Mutant Mudds' release though, I wouldn't expect it until at least next year for us though :(

You do know that that backstory was just made up as a fun marketing gimmick don't you?

No, I didn't.

I've lost count of the amount of times that I've recommended that game to @darksnowman! :heh:

But what the hell, one more time won't hurt...

Stevo, get PiCOPiCT! :laughing:

Ok ok, I hear ya! :D

(For some reason I thought Boxlife was billed as THE ArtStyle game to get so its a good job you piped up!)

What are you're favourite genres snow? most of the best titles on DSiWare are puzzlers or have plenty of puzzle based gameplay.

I can pretty much enjoy anything. I tried a free Zenonia demo on my phone and didn't love it (can't imagine it feeling any better on DSi) so I'll be giving that a miss. Something quirky and fun is all I ask from the download scene. :)

I can pretty much enjoy anything. I tried a free Zenonia demo on my phone and didn't love it (can't imagine it feeling any better on DSi) so I'll be giving that a miss. Something quirky and fun is all I ask from the download scene. :)

I made the mistake of getting Zenonia with my spare points from Shantae. :hmm:

Colours 3d! is coming to the eShop next week.

PR email

Colors! 3D for Nintendo 3DS™, launched in the Nintendo eShop on April 5 is currently topping the US Nintendo eShop sales charts. The reception has been phenomenal with high-scoring reviews from all around.

“Colors! 3D is a must own app on the Nintendo 3DS for anyone that is artistically inclined”, Review by Game Chronicles, 9/10

“The perfect download for artistic 3DS owners”, Review by IGN, 9/10

The Colors! 3D community has already uploaded over 10000 3D paintings to the Colors! Gallery, with no signs of slowing down.

Today we are proud to announce that Colors! 3D will be released in Europe and Australia on April 19 and will be available in the Nintendo eShop for €6. It’s a great pleasure to see Colors! 3D available in all our target territories. The Colors! 3D development has been a long one, but we couldn’t be happier now that we can finally get this in the hands of our community.

This development started as a prototype back in 2007, and with Colors! 3D, it finally feels like Colors! has grown up and become what we always intended it to. And we’re not done yet. We will keep improving the community features to try to make this the one must-have title for your Nintendo 3DS. So stay tuned for painting challenges and other upcoming community features for Colors! 3D.

This is going to £5.40 then.

7 - Dragon Warrior III

Very good. Should be higher :P

I preferred Wario Land 2 over 3 though, as I mentioned before.

Just had a look. At the moment, it's five squares to the right when you start up the eShop.

Yeah we were trying it on a DSi, didn't know the eShop was only for 3DS, so I had to use the voucher. Was going to get Pullblox and hopefully Shantae, but since Shantae cost £10.40 and I had a £10 voucher, I just went for Pullbox and will probably find something else at sometime in the future.

eShop Update

3DS DS (Download Software)

Block Factory (Enjoy Gaming, £3.60/€4) — A puzzle game in which you get to make your own variations on the block-dropping formula. We tried it a few months back, so read our First Impressions: Block Factory while waiting for our review."

Impressions.

3DS VC Nothing this week.

DSiWare

Inchworm Animation (Flat Black Films, 800pts) — One year and one day after its North American launch, Flat Black's powerful animation studio comes to Europe. If you've got the time and patience you can create great things.

Their review

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/nintendo_download_26th_april_2012_europe

Edited by -Dem0-