NEurope

Incidentally, do people care to submit ratings for their games on the eshop or is it only a few of us who remember or care? For example, there are only two people who have rated Kirby's Block Ball and only nine who've rated the mighty popular GB Tetris game at this moment - surely the games most have sold well already by now - so was just wondering. Or are the eshop games not really that popular among 3DS owners after all perhaps?

I'm interested, but I genuinely don't know how to do it. Had quite a good look at it too, but I can't find any "How Do You Rate This Game?" links. Of what I've downloaded, I would probably rate them like this:

Excitebike - 2/5

Kid Icarus - 3/5

Metroid II - 3/5

Mighty Switch Force - 4/5

Zen Pinball - 4/5

I am interested in the eShop, but it's just a waiting game for me. Really want Shantae on the Game Boy, as well as some original platformers, preferably Metroid-like.

I'm interested, but I genuinely don't know how to do it. Had quite a good look at it too, but I can't find any "How Do You Rate This Game?" links. Of what I've downloaded, I would probably rate them like this:

After you load up the e-shop, scroll to the left and you should come across a tab that say's Submit Review(s). Click it, and it'll list all the titles that you've played for 1 hour or more that you can review.

there are only two people who have rated Kirby's Block Ball
And one of those is me. :hehe:

Yep, I always rate my games in the eShop. :)

And one of those is me. :hehe:

And I have a pretty good idea who the other rather charming and indeligent guy is. :D

I'm interested, but I genuinely don't know how to do it.

Now when Welsh has explained how to submit ratings on the eshop I guess you'll be busy the next few days eh: :)

I read a review some time ago (on IGN I think) where the reviewer said that ratings on the eshop generally were rated higher than elsewhere (as in eshop ratings are too high). I disagree, I think you get a more valued an honest rating from owners - people who've paid for the product. So I think the eshop rating system is good in that way that it only makes it possible to rate games that you own and which you have played for a least a period of time. Now you need to play a game for at least an hour before it's eligible for a rating, but maybe they could cut that time down to 10 minutes instead though, that would make it easier to also submit scores for the not-so-good games.

Anyway, I usually like to glance through the reviews on eshop before a purchase just in case so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one here who submits reviews.

Edited by cvl
Automerged Doublepost

Now when Welsh has explained how to submit ratings on the eshop I guess you'll be busy the next few days eh: :)

Yep!

Ah, that was good fun. Was surprised at the "Does this appeal more to Male or Female players?" question as, quite honestly, how do I know? I just said "Male" for everything because that's what I am. My scores:

Excitebike - 3/5

Kid Icarus - 3/5

Metroid II - 3/5

Mighty Switch Force - 4/5

Zen Pinball - 4/5

Super Street Fighter IV - 4/5

DOA Dimensions - 4/5

Super Mario 3D Land - 4/5

Pilotwings Resort - 4/5

Letterbox - 5/5

Ocarina of Time - 5/5

Metroid Fusion - 5/5

Not rated - Fire Emblem (undecided) and Tales of the Abyss (played 2 hours but it's not eligible).

Didn't have the heart to give Excitebike less than 3/5 in the end because a) it was free and b) I've got very fond memories of it. It was my No.1 game for a quick play during 2011 - always good for a quick zoom. Mario and Pilotwings had moments where they felt 5/5, but at the end of the day, to me they are not in the same league as Ocarina of Time or Metroid Fusion.

If nothing else, it was an opportunity to tell Nintendo how much I love Metroid Fusion (hint, hint)!

Strange there's no price given. Hopefully it won't be more than ?5.40. Will hold off Wario Land, and hopefully download The Rolling Western next week. Nice to see Zen Pinball getting some love in that advert too.

Apparently Dillon is rolling into the west (EU) next week! this has come out of the blue.

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/35546/rolling-western-release-date-revealed/

if this is true...Woohoo! :laughing:

Yay!..

...And by yay I really mean Boo. :heh:

Because I'm not that interested in Dillon's Rolling Western. :hmm:

But more importantly, because it probably means yet another week without Sakura Samurai. :(

hmmm good point there, I also really want sakura samurai! but im looking forward to rollin western nonetheless.

Rolling Western is not going to be released this week...

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT AD FOR!?

:mad:

Yay!..

...And by yay I really mean Boo. :heh:

Because I'm not that interested in Dillon's Rolling Western. :hmm:

But more importantly, because it probably means yet another week without Sakura Samurai. :(

Thanks a lot Redshell, you went and jinxed it :(

WTF is wrong with NOE?! Why the hell would you advertise it's release this week if it wasn't going to happen?!

I suppose it's possible that they could've found a last minute bug or something like that, but that's no excuse for not releasing something else! (you know, it's not as if you couldn't release VVVVVVV, Sakura Samurai, Mutant Mudds or even a VC game...)

Boo!! *goes to download Wario Land*

I've got a feeling we'll see all those e-shop titles being released in April/May, as there hasn't been any retail games announced for release in that period yet. At least they'd fill the drought if that happens to be the case. ::shrug:

ntower's review of Denpa Ningen... they LOVED it!

It's pretty simple, but charming. One week later, when the retail-version was released, I bought it for 800 yen (around 8 Euros or 10 US Dollars). By now I've played for like 14 hours and finished like 50 percent of the game, maybe less. But I think that's a pretty good time, especially because it's a downloadable game.

for the rest of the review, here's the link:

http://www.ntower.de/3DS%20Download/Angespielt/4049-Denpa-Ningen-RPG/

Thanks a lot Redshell, you went and jinxed it :(
Sorry. :woops:

But yeah, I wonder what went wrong with this game then? :blank:

You'd think if they were advertising the release, that everything would be sorted. ::shrug:

*EDIT*

I take that back then, looks like I didn't jinx anything after all. :heh:

But wow... ?9! :o

That's a pretty hefty price tag.

Edited by RedShell

Yup, Nnooo are going to bring EscapeVektor to the 3DS come the end of 2012...:woops:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/35780/escapevektor-3ds-announced/

ALSO Marvel Pinball 3D is a separate Downloadble title from Zen Studios. I was hoping that this would just be Marvel themed DLC for Zen Pinball, but infact it's another pinball game itself. I probably would have downloaded this instead of Zen Pinball! They will however, provide DLC for both titles.

Pinball head @welsh_gamer are you getting this? :D

Edited by -Dem0-

Sorry. :woops:

But yeah, I wonder what went wrong with this game then? :blank:

You'd think if they were advertising the release, that everything would be sorted. ::shrug:

*EDIT*

I take that back then, looks like I didn't jinx anything after all. :heh:

But wow... ?9! :o

That's a pretty hefty price tag.

Haha! Looks like I unjinxed it ;)

I'm really enjoying it so far (and I hate Tower Defence games!), I posted my impressions (after beating the first stage) in the Rolling Western topic http://www.n-europeforums.com/showthread.php?p=1427748#post1427748

I hate how Awkward the pricing on the e-shop is.

I put a tenner credit on my account, and no matter what games i buy, i will always have something left over. Pesky Nintendo.

You can just try and buy something with whatever scrags you have left and top up with your card. You don't need to put lumps in your account anymore

I hate how Awkward the pricing on the e-shop is.

I put a tenner credit on my account, and no matter what games i buy, i will always have something left over. Pesky Nintendo.

Err, you do know that you can just pay the outstanding amount right? All you have to do is press Purchase Software, select Add Funds when it tells you to and select Required Amount Only. There! No more pesky pennies left over! :D

ALSO Marvel Pinball 3D is a separate Downloadble title from Zen Studios. I was hoping that this would just be Marvel themed DLC for Zen Pinball, but infact it's another pinball game itself. I probably would have downloaded this instead of Zen Pinball! They will however, provide DLC for both titles.

Pinball head @welsh_gamer are you getting this? :D

Defintley! Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for it. Maybe we'll get it May, around the time The Avengers hits the big screen?

Err, you do know that you can just pay the outstanding amount right? All you have to do is press Purchase Software, select Add Funds when it tells you to and select Required Amount Only. There! No more pesky pennies left over! :D

You are a god amongst men. :bowdown:

Time to purchase some METROID II

Marvel Pinball!!!! :D

Hope it's to the same high quality as Zen Pinball looks, then I'll download the Marvel one instead.

You are a god amongst men. :bowdown:

Time to purchase some METROID II

*cough* I said the same thing the post above

Who's the god now eh? Eh? Still cubed.... DAMMIT!!!!

Marvel Pinball!!!! :D

Hope it's to the same high quality as Zen Pinball looks, then I'll download the Marvel one instead.

Get both. Zen pinball will give me the best hour per pound on any 3DS game I reckon. Absolute bargain.

Actually mario kart and maybe animal crossing pRobably will. But it's still amazing.

*cough* I said the same thing the post above

Who's the god now eh? Eh? Still cubed.... DAMMIT!!!!

QUOTE]

Well You didnt Quote me, so i missed ur comment.:p

March will now be known as "VC" Month.

The EU will be seeing a total of 12 VC titles across the Wii & 3DS. Here's are the 3DS VC games:

• Dr. Mario (Game Boy) — Pills and viruses once again with the good doctor.
  • Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (Game Boy) — To nobody's surprise, Nintendo is preparing this GB-only title ahead of the launch of Kid Icarus: Uprising.
  • Punch-Out!! (NES) — One of two NES titles heading to 3DS this week, alongside...
  • Super Mario Bros. (NES) — No introduction necessary, surely.
  • Dragon Crystal (Game Gear) — An intriguing roguelike, if not a bona fide classic.
  • Shinobi (Game Gear) — More Musashi action on the go.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble (Game Gear) — The first appearance of Nack/Fang the Weasel, fact fans.

Quite the haul?

Nintendo:

"29th February 2012 – This March is set to be the biggest month ever for Virtual Console as Nintendo announces a bumper crop of classic games set to launch via the Nintendo eShop and Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo 3DS owners can look forward to replaying classic NES, Game Boy and for the first time ever SEGA Game Gear titles from some of the platform’s most famous franchises. Meanwhile Wii owners can download games from three different classic consoles including some of Capcom and SEGA’s finest throughout the month."

For the Full list, Including the Wii titles hit the following link:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/european_virtual_console_set_for_bumper_march_crop

Edited by -Dem0-