NEurope

I've never had or played the SNES original. The first time I played it was on the GBA and I loved it, the art style, the tight responsive controls and the amazing tunes put it in my top 4 GBA games along with Pokemon Ruby, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga & Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really didn't expect this.

"Bird Mania 3D is the most pleasant kind of surprise: simple, fun, addictive and inexpensive. Charmingly simple yet rewardingly versatile gameplay overcomes any concerns we might have had. For a fast and fun score attack game, you really can't do any better. -8/10"

Full Review.

I may get this, but only if the VC has nothing to offer that week. anyone else?

Jool's Watshams' Twitter:

"Wow, what a process. Materials have FINALLY been sent off to PEGI and USK. Should hear back from them in about 10-ish days...and THEN we get to submit to Nintendo of Europe for approval. Weeee!"

He did originally say that the PAL region may see this come April/May.

Edited by -Dem0-

Yeah before watching the Bird Mania 3D trailer, I was expecting Angry Birds... especially as the beginning of the trailer tells a story of the bird getting angry! :p

But the game looked like it could be pretty fun, especially at that price.

Looked like it could be really challenging, especially at that speed! And the music, if representative of the music in game, was good too.

KIRBYS PINBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty bonerific. When my mum got our gameboy back in the early 90s, Kirby's Dream Land and Kirby's Pinball were the two games with it(and I think I have yet to PROPERLY complete Pinball, I can't quite remember). Been playing mass attack lately too which has a pinball minigame in it, made me think of Kirby! I just wonder with the price for such an old, still black and white, game. I was tempted by Kirby's Block Ball on 3DS, but what are the gbc games...£2.70? They could probably make a bigger mint by knocking the 70p off. Having said that, I sit here realising how cheap it is and do almost consider it. Just felt dissappointed with blockball cos it had SGB enhancements and think they coulda gone with that for the 3DS version really.

Marvel Pinball should be coming soon.

The Australian classifications board has given the game a PG rating, which is nice. A recent Nintendo release schedule had the game down for the second quarter of this year, which draws to a close at the end of next month, so we'll hopefully be bumping balls around Spider-man in no time.

Marvel Pinball should be coming soon.

Nice, but the one I'm really waiting for is the 3DS version of The Pinball Arcade.

Shame its been put on hold for now though :( That's the version of the game I want the most (Zen Pinball 3D's S3D effect is amazing! It really completes the pinball experience!)

Those real life tables, with actual realistic physics (instead of the dodgy Zen physics) and those graphics/S3D effect from Zen = :heart:

Playing some Wario Land last night, pretty sure I heard some Link's Awakening music for one of the levels.

Playing some Wario Land last night

Just out of curiosity, do you often play VC at night?

Nintendolife review for Game & Watch Gallery 2. Good to see a GBC game priced at £3.60. It's on my 'watch list'.

Just out of curiosity, do you often play VC at night?

Sometimes I can't be bothered with a full 3DS title or just want something quick to play and they are sitting on the system + restore points makes them perfect for short bursts. I don't specifically aim to play them at night :heh:

Makes sense, It's just that I normally like to play VC at night, usually in bed. it just adds to that 'Retro' feel.

EDIT:

Totally forgot that VVVVVV is out today, I'll be getting it, when? I don't know. I still want to get Kirby's Block Ball, Myths & Monsters & Metroid II.

Anyway I just found a nice little treat...

GBL_3DSVC_KirbysDreamLand2.jpg

Nintendo.

Category: Platformer

Players: 1

Age rating: 3

Publisher: Nintendo

Release date: 17/05/2012

Nintendo eShop: £3.60 / €4.00

In his second Game Boy adventure, Kirby must solve the mystery behind the disappearance of rainbow bridges that link the islands of Dream Land. Travel through all seven isles while battling the minions of King Dedede, and team up with Kirby's friends Rick the Hamster, Kine the Fish and Coo the Owl.

Kirby's animal pals have their own unique abilities and can also magnify Kirby's powers, too! You'll need all the help you can get, in order to face a new enemy: the malevolent Dark Matter!

Instadownload.

The eShop seems to be picking up some more speed. With VVVVVV today and Dream Land 2 & Bird Mania 3D next week.

Another EDIT:

Jools talks about different topics, meeting people, trips, Mutant Mudds 2, Bomb Monkey, ATV Wild Ride 3D, mentions (does not discuss) that he has some new ideas, working on unknown eShop titles, wanting to go multi-platform in order to raise further finance for future eShop titles. Sadly he thinks that Mutant Mudds will be released Mid-late June. :(

But he's a really cool guy. I've quickly become a fan. Can't wait to see what he shows at E3.

Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

Downloaded VVVVVV last night. It's great fun, and the flip screen platforming idea has been pulled off nicely thanks to great level design and plenty of variety in ideas. Recomended for fans of platform puzzlers and WayForwards output on DSiWare/eShop.

Good to see a GBC game priced at £3.60. It's on my 'watch list'.

Looks like this might be the price guide for GBC software then :-

£3.60 for budget/low content games.

£4.50 for most third party titles.

£5.40 for Nintendo blockbusters.

eShop Update

May 17 2012.

3DS DS (Download Software)

Bird Mania 3D (Teyon) It's the cheapest 3DS Download Software so far with a £1.80/€2 price tag. I thought that it was going to be a game to ignore, but as I had previously found out, that isn't the case. For those yet to have read Nlife's review here it is.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/bird_mania_3d

3DS VC

Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy, Nintendo).

The sequel to Kirby's Dream Land is here for £3.60/€4

3DS Demo

Rayman Origins. Hell yeah, played it on both the Wii & 360. I really enjoyed this game, can't wait to see how the 3DS versions plays out.

Looks like a really good week. I might get em' all.

BTW I Haven't heard or seen anything about the MK7 patch yet.

Edited by -Dem0-

eShop Update

May 17 2012.

3DS DS (Download Software)

Bird Mania 3D (Teyon) It's the cheapest 3DS Download Software so far with a £1.80/€2 price tag. I thought that it was going to be a game to ignore, but as I had previously found out, that isn't the case. For those yet to have read Nlife's review here it is.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/bird_mania_3d

3DS VC

Kirby's Dream Land 2 (Game Boy, Nintendo).

The sequel to Kirby's Dream Land is here for £3.60/€4

3DS Demo

Rayman Origins. Hell yeah, played it on both the Wii & 360. I really enjoyed this game, can't wait to see how the 3DS versions plays out.

Looks like a really good week. I might get em' all.

Good week all in all, but there's nothing for me really (I already have Kirby's Dreamland 2 on cartridge and it's not a game that really benefits from the VC's temporary save states so it would be mostly pointless for me to buy it again)

Seeing Rayman Origins in S3D will be a cool curiosity for me (I've played every other version already and the game isn't that great anyway) but nothing more.

Bird Mania looks like a generic piece of iOS slop. I'm not touching that shit with a 40 foot pole.

Mind you though, I'm not complaining really. It's a good week all round and I'm still playing through all of last week's epic output! :D

Indeed, it's really good to see the eShop doing well. hopefully next week will make it four good weeks in a row.

And that's currently the only thing that I'm looking forward to downloading... :blank:

Hopefully E3 will bring about some cool new eShop titles. :hmm:

Rayman Origins 3DS demo sounds good, now I'll be able to compare that and the PS3 version and see which one I prefer :D

Just been playing The Legend of Zelda on my 3DS (the Ambassador version). Although I think it needs a map, I'm greatly enjoying it. This has made me hope Nintendo does make another 2D Zelda, because there is nothing like that feel you get with Legend of Zelda, Link to the Past, Link's Awakening and (presumably - I haven't played them much) the Oracle games.

Making it top-down like the DS games isn't enough. It has to be real 2D to have that same feel. You know, the way the dungeons are made up of square rooms, with a wall to the left, right, top and bottom. The way you have to push blocks because one of them might slide along one square. Or the way you might have to bomb a wall to gain access to a different part of a room.

Link to the Past 2? Yes please.

Looks like I spoke too soon! The Mario Kart 7 patch is out now on the eShop!

Why it doesn't auto download, I have no idea!

14:00 GMT I think.

Thanks... lol I wonder why I'm so excited for the Rayman Origins demo

Thought the Rayman Origins Demo was a bit lack-luster in terms of '3D', the sound quality isn't that good as well. apart from that it's the same great game it feels quite comfortable to play on a hand-held but I think I prefer it on a home console.

If the demo is representative, I'm afraid Rayman Origins is a horrible conversion. Everything looks like it's been compressed to oblivion, very jpeggy. I assume they've gone for a tiny cart to save money a la Namco and the disaster that is One Piece Part 1. There has been no thoughtful attempt to adapt this to the 3DS screen and resolution - the camera doesn't do any intelligent zooming and there isn't even an option - and the result is ugly and tough to play because the characters are the size of a pin head! Mighty Switch force shows how brilliant 2D art can look on the system; sharp, vivid and colourful. Honestly, what were Ubisoft thinking??

Worst demo since Cooking Mama 4 =/

If the demo is representative, I'm afraid Rayman Origins is a horrible conversion. Everything looks like it's been compressed to oblivion, very jpeggy. I assume they've gone for a tiny cart to save money a la Namco and the disaster that is One Piece Part 1. There has been no thoughtful attempt to adapt this to the 3DS screen and resolution - the camera doesn't do any intelligent zooming and there isn't even an option - and the result is ugly and tough to play because the characters are the size of a pin head! Mighty Switch force shows how brilliant 2D art can look on the system; sharp, vivid and colourful. Honestly, what were Ubisoft thinking??

Worst demo since Cooking Mama 4 =/

Hmm, sounds like a real let-down.. :/

But I will at the very least give the demo a try!

The game was so good (and very funny) on the Wii..