NEurope

Very good reviews as usual, S.C.G. I like how you really describe the games and what it feels like to play them.

This isn't an April Fool btw, VC Weekly is finally up to date again... :yay:

Four games this week, I swear Sega loves to dump a load of games on us at once on purpose :indeed: (I know one was courtesy of Capcom) I still remember back in the early days when one week there were five Megadrive games to cover, it was just as well that I'd played them all before.

Anyway... with it being another milestone next week I'm wondering what game(s) will make an appearance for #200 I'm hoping for something suitably epic but we shall see, either way Game On!

: peace:

Oh yeah and next weeks VC Weekly will be the last that I write...

:P

Now that's definitely an April Fool!

Thanks for taking away my headache :grin:

Only to give me a Migraine :cry:

That was one of the better April fool's I've seen in a while.

Very good reviews as usual, S.C.G. I like how you really describe the games and what it feels like to play them.

You're welcome :) and thank you both for your comments, I do try my best when reviewing for VC Weekly though it can be challenging when I deliberately limit myself to five paragraphs per review... also while I do try and make an effort to play titles that I'm unfamiliar with I must admit that certain titles are reviewed from memory, Sonic Triple Trouble definitely was as I've played that before on a collection.

Which titles are you hoping for to come to the 3DS VC?

On the Game Gear front I'm actually hoping for Panzer Dragoon Mini plus the Phantasy Star adventure/text games but that would mainly be to satisfy my curiosity :p the former I have actually played very briefly but as for the Phantasy Star games, I really enjoy the series so it would be nice to have a more 'complete' collection even if only a virtual one. :)

My type of question!

Let's See!

(Not in order)

Pokemon: Yellow, Crystal, TCG.

LOZ: Oracle of Seasons/Ages

Super Mario World

MGS: Ghost Babel

Donkey Kong: Country

Donkey Kong Land 1,2 & 3

Wario Land 2 & 3

Shantae

Dragon Quest I,II & III

Kirby's Dream Land: 2

And a whole lot more that I've forgotten :laughing:

I too would love to see Shantae appear on the 3DS VC as that's one game I haven't played but really feel like I should have, just like the superb sequel available on DSi ware... the only thing stopping me from getting that is not having played the original. :p

This isn't an April Fool btw, VC Weekly is finally up to date again... :yay:

Glad to see you have the same opinion of Triple Trouble as I do. That last level sure was a pain though :laughing:

Careful, if you mention Shantae three times, you'll summon Grazza.

Game Boy/GB Color

Shantae

Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) I, II and III

Zelda: Oracle of Ages

Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Game Gear

Not sure about the Game Gear, to be honest. I'm tempted by how good the emulation is, but I didn't own one and am pretty unfamiliar with the catalogue. Not dismissing it, but maybe I'll try it when I'm at a loose end - probably sooner than I think as the list of games is making me nostalgic. I'll likely get all the games I used to read about in Sega Pro. :cry:

Game Boy Advance

Super Mario World

Metroid: Zero Mission

Metroid Fusion (just so it's available)

Double Dragon Advance

Ninja Five-O

...And that's about all I can think of for now, but I really hope they put the GBA on the Virtual Console sooner or later. I find it curious they've put the NES on before the GBA, but also wonder if we'll get the SNES and N64 too. The 3DS may not be able to emulate the latter, but in terms of resolution they'd both be a good fit.

I too would love to see Shantae appear on the 3DS VC as that's one game I haven't played but really feel like I should have, just like the superb sequel available on DSi ware... the only thing stopping me from getting that is not having played the original. :p

:shakehead S.C.G... ;)

I haven't played the original either, but Risky's Revenge is fantastic. :)

Ninja Five-O

How could I forget that!

I literally heard nothing and saw nothing at all about this game, The first time I played it was a year after its release in school on my friends GBA, gosh I loved it.

and on Metroid: Zero Mission... I hadn't played more than 2/3 hours I think, and well I think I lost the cart... THIS GAME IS A MUST!

Hmm well it would seem that VC Weekly #200 won't be happening for a good week and a half because if the latest Nintendo Download bulletin is to be believed then we have one new piece of 3DS Ware and that's pretty much it... :blank:

The fact that the piece of 3DS Ware is ThruSpace: Potzol's Puzzle helps to ease the pain a little but I'm not sure about the £5.40/€6 pricetag... wasn't Pullblox cheaper afterall? :hmm:

Anyway, should still be awesome and at least they didn't do a Dillon's Rolling Western on us at any rate. :laughing:

VC Weekly #200 won't be happening for a good week and a half

*Puts balloons & pary poppers away*

:angry:

The fact that the piece of 3DS Ware is ThruSpace: Potzol's Puzzle helps to ease the pain a little but I'm not sure about the £5.40/€6 pricetag... wasn't Pullblox cheaper afterall? :hmm:

Nah, they're the same price, although the same can't be said about the quality! at this moment in time anyway.

Maybe this is just the calm before the storm? or the eShop is going back into hibernation :woops:

Edited by -Dem0-

Maybe this is just the calm before the storm? or the eShop is going back into hibernation :woops:

Perhaps... I'm betting on the former as I think this happened when Pullblox came out? Then again I could be wrong...

Either way this means I can now dedicate my time to finishing the Kid Icarus: Uprising review. :D

Rhythm Tengoku and Drill Dozer.

After Rhythm Thief on Thursday, I don't think I'll be buying another retail game until Mario Tennis Open at the end of May, so I do hope Nintendo have kept the likes of Mutant Mudds etc for this small drought.

Hell yeah! I'll be downloading those for sure, love me some Shining Force! :D

Indeed. It still hurts that we didn't get the other 2 parts from Shining force III over here in the western world. The first part was freaking awesome. : peace:

Shining force for Game Gear? Could be interesting, as it's not included on Sega MegaDrive Ultimate Collection.

Fun games, they are, altough not completely my cup of tea.

I wonder if the Oasis game is related to Beyond Oasis and its sequel? They were called Story of Thor over here - I loved the 2nd one, which was on the Saturn.

I've played Story of Thor but i've never heard of this Oasis game. Here's a quick video review of it. I couldn't listen to it as i'm at work, but it looks very old school and right up my alley.

OK, thanks. Doesn't seem greatly related, but it's a coincidence that both series are by Sega.

Is that Zordon's father who's narrating the story at the start of the video?

jokes aside it looks alright, but I'd rather hold out for other VC titles, having said that I don't know when this will be released.

SpeedThru: Potzol's Puzzle

£5.40

Part of Nintendolife Review

"Thankfully, while the WiiWare game was a bit basic in terms of presentation, things have been spiced up a little here. No more dull white corridors and single colour blocks: the whole game has an aztec theme, with levels all taking place in jungles, caves, temples and more, and the blocks bearing intricate animal motifs. There's also a bit of a story, which isn't particularly interesting or original, but at least it's something."

8/10

Full Review: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/speedthru_potzols_puzzle

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Across the 'Pond' in NA, this week they're getting:

"Colors! 3D (Collecting Smiles, $6.99) — A much-anticipated release for 3DS, this 3D art software was supposed to land late last year but was held back."
Edited by -Dem0-

'Colors! 3D' is getting some really positive review/impressions.

Now it's IGN's turn, with their review:

"With plenty of options, great tutorials and an easy-to-master interface, Colors! 3D is the 3D painting application 3DS owners have been waiting for. The ability to paint with friends and post your creations to an online gallery only further flesh out the experience. If you have even a passing interest in drawing, or just want an app that will let you doodle in 3D, look no further." 9/10

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/122/1222445p1.html