NEurope

The eshop is updated, Marvel Pinball is waiting. What are YOU waiting for? :)

Didn't wait but had a "here's what other peeps who bought this, bought" recommendation after downloading and am pleased to say, go get the DSi game "Goooooal Euro 2012". It's a tabletop spring-football-man game that's pretty damn good in it's own right but there is the added incentive of a "Bomberman" bomb with a long fuse that can be shortened by holding back your little plastic Johnny Giles and waiting while the ball gets increasingly engulfed in flame, before letting fly....oh and the players can be removed from the table if blown up so you could, as happened me, have a four player team instead of the maybe 8 to begin with.

Top fun!

...only downside is, it's a fiver...serves me right opening that bottle this evening.

@edza Thanks for the recommendation. I'm interested in the game, but as you also mention, the price is sort of a problem. I'm also struggling to find space for more DSiWare, how many blocks does it use?

I had around £6 of credit left from that £30 eShop card purchased back in February, so took a chance on Minigolft TOUCH.

Have you tried it yet, is it fun? It would also be interesting to know if you can play it with d-pad and face buttons instead of the stylus (the trailer kind of gives me the idea that it's possible)?

@edza Thanks for the recommendation. I'm interested in the game, but as you also mention, the price is sort of a problem. I'm also struggling to find space for more DSiWare, how many blocks does it use?

It's 81 blocks so small enough...

Have you tried it yet, is it fun? It would also be interesting to know if you can play it with d-pad and face buttons instead of the stylus (the trailer kind of gives me the idea that it's possible)?

I have the FUN FUN minitouch golf and while it is fun, I don't think it's worth the money. I played the other golf game (brother has it) and it's not as good.

Still waiting on a proper golf game for the system :(

So I bought Mighty Switch Force the other day because of it was on sale and the opening screen looks tasty.

Won't start the actual game once I've finished Fire Emblem though.

WayForward is also behind Shantae, right?

I reckon they're quite excellent at creating that special pixelated sauce :D

I hope there will be a rise in sales of these smaller/indie games because of the sale, so that NINTENDO takes note and begins to reach out more to some o' the big supports of the eShop. For bigger projects perhaps. . .

Would be interesting:)

So I bought Mighty Switch Force the other day because of it was on sale and the opening screen looks tasty.

Won't start the actual game once I've finished Fire Emblem though.

WayForward is also behind Shantae, right?

I reckon they're quite excellent at creating that special pixelated sauce :D

You may as well start MSF, you will be finished it in a couple of hours. :heh:

I love WayForwards work. I fell in love with them after A Boy & His Blob on the Wii.

It's 81 blocks so small enough...

Hehe If you still find the game worth the 500 points after 4 hours of gameplay then please come back and I'll consider buying it. :hehe: No seriously, the game does appeal to me since I played the real thing as a child, but I'm just afraid some things are best kept as fond memories. I'm still thinking about getting it later though, probably.

I have the FUN FUN minitouch golf and while it is fun, I don't think it's worth the money. I played the other golf game (brother has it) and it's not as good.

Still waiting on a proper golf game for the system :(

You didn't find the ambassador game NES Open Tournament Golf a proper golf game? It's really good and lots of fun if you ask me. :)

You can play with buttons. Circle pad for aiming, d-pad for camera control and the A button for hitting the ball.

It's a really simple and basic game (working out the angle and hitting the ball) , but it's very satisfying going for and getting an eagle on the courses, and having a Cray Golf theme makes a nice change. It's the weakest of the 8 3DS Downloads I own, but still a nice pick up and play title, which should get at least 3 hours play from myself.

@Grazza

Have never played an entry in the series before in my life, but am hyped.

Will either start with Mighty Switch Force or with Shantae after Fire Emblem.

WayForward founder Voldi Way on what else is planned for Shantae…

“Um, I mean, I wish I could say something specific, but we are working on it. Like I would expect to see it on, you know, Wii U, uh, it’s just, I don’t want to commit to a time because it always gets– even though we have been working on it, you know, like I said it gets pushed to the back burner, so um, originally we were hoping to have something for launch, but that’s clearly not going to happen. But yeah, Shantae is definitely in the works, and the last one, Risky’s Revenge, kind of left off on, like, a down note, so we have to address that, right? So yeah, definitely more Shantae, for sure.

Tell you what lads, I'm seriously tempted by the new DSi title Let's Create Pottery. Anyone fancy reenacting the famous scene from the movie, Ghost, in the online mode with me? Seriously though, wouldn't mind checking it out :blush:

@Grazza

Have never played an entry in the series before in my life, but am hyped.

Will either start with Mighty Switch Force or with Shantae after Fire Emblem.

Both are great. :)

I'm not kidding, if there was a Shantae for the Wii U, that would make me buy the system more than anything else I've seen so far. I would get it on launch day, no doubt about it. I'm pretty sure they would stick to sprites, so I'm equally sure they could get it running in 1080p at 60fps too. WayForward are particuarly good at animation, so I'd also love to see how many frames they could pack in.

But yes, I recommend both Mighty Switch Force and Shantae: Risky's Revenge, although the former comes with one caveat - it's not so good if you dislike puzzles, as you have to think very quickly sometimes (about which blocks to phase in and out, and the timing of that). But MSF would be good to buy now as it's discounted. Both are criticised for length, but I have got plenty out of each game - MSF for speed runs and Shantae for Metroid-style collecting.

One last thing - their composer is a genius, so use your headphones!

Didn't I see @Grazza call for this over in the 3DS thread/forum? Personally know nothing of Shantae but thought he'd be worth the tag :p

OK so, after playing more than four hours of "Goooooal Euro 2012", I cannot recommend it enough...there's something about it that screams "I'm not worth a fiver" but at the same time, I just cannot stop playing it. Just make sure you have it on arcade with a short fuse on the bomb and no re-spawning.

Yes, it's simple, yes you'll be just watching the bottom screen all the time (apart from the quick checks on the upper screen countdown timer) and yes the graphics are functional but....I just can't stop....

@edza Thanks. For a second there I thought you were being sarcastic hehe, but you wouldn't lure others into buying a bad game I'm sure so I'll be keeping an eye on Goooooooooool 2012 Europe and quite possibly pick it up eventually.

Didn't I see @Grazza call for this over in the 3DS thread/forum? Personally know nothing of Shantae but thought he'd be worth the tag :p

Yeah, I always ask for a Shantae! :laughing: It's arguably WayForward's main property, so (hopefully) they're always working on a new version of some kind. Which format it actually appears on is another matter.

Yeah, I always ask for a Shantae! :laughing: It's arguably WayForward's main property, so (hopefully) they're always working on a new version of some kind. Which format it actually appears on is another matter.

Oh man I'm such an idiot, that post was supposed to be in the Wii forum for the thread about a Wii U version!!

Available this Thursday :-

Virtual Console

Castlevania: The Adventure (Game Boy, Konami, £2.70)

3DS Download

Zombie Slayer Diox (UFO Interactive, £5.40)

Demo

Mutant Mudds (Renegade Kid, FREE)

DSiWare

Escape the Virus: Swarm Survival (Teyon, 200pts)

So another rhythm game is joining Theatrhythm and Rhythm Paradise this weekend. Reviews are not so hot for this one though...

Nintendo Life - Zombie Slayer Diox Review

Nintendo World Report - Zombie Slayer Diox Review

May give it a go when on sale.

Edited by welsh_gamer

Wish they released the Mutant Mudds demo before the full game :hmm:

I was just thinking yesterday when are they gonna start releasing demos of eShop games? Now I can finally see if Mutant Mudds is any good... Highly doubt it'll be worth £8.

America gets Kirby's Pinball Land in just over a week, has there been any word on the European release date?

Japan just got Ice Climber. What's interesting to note is that it has Download Play for multiplayer. Hopefully this starts a precedent

Wow, impressive. Still waiting for our Zelda II update though.

Bought Go! Go! Kokopolo after moving March of the Minis to my SD card, not played it yet though :P

Japan just got Ice Climber. What's interesting to note is that it has Download Play for multiplayer. Hopefully this starts a precedent

They did say that simultaneous multiplayer would come as part of the update to the release version back when they announced the ambassador program. Seems they decided to wait until there was a game that absolutely required wireless multi to work (i.e, wasn't a turn based multiplayer game like SMB)

Nice to see they made good on their promise. Hopefully they'll add wireless multiplayer to their GB VC games, which they'll have to do if they want to release the Pokemon games on the VC!

Seriously, no excuses here. The NES Classics series on GBA had wireless (and single pak!) multiplayer and now the NES VC games are getting it. Why the hell can't we play multiplayer with the GB VC games!? (if anything, they should be easier to get working over wireless than NES games since they are designed for LAN play! - Oh and before anyone asks, the 3DS' NiFi connection has a low enough latency to emulate the link cable so that's not a problem)

Edited by Dcubed

Oh my god I hope so.... Embrace 2012 Nintendo, embrace it!

Are NES games definitely getting it? Gb, GBA, everything please Nintendo!