NEurope

Looking at the Japanese download charts

1: Pokémon Dream Radar

2: New Super Mario Bros 2

3: Demon Training

4: Pokédex 3D Pro

Oh wow that happened faster than I thought it would!

Seems that this and New Art Academy are getting eShop releases next week alongside NSMB2!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/download_new_super_mario_bros_2_and_more_from_nintendo_eshop_for_double_stars_54674.html

Also, all eShop versions of retail titles will be getting double Club Nintendo stars for the first 4 weeks of release too :)

Unfortunately, they're removing the original Freakyforms - leaving only the Deluxe version to download :( (if you've already purchased it, you'll be able to redownload it as much as you want though)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/08/original_freakyforms_to_be_removed_from_european_eshop

This week's treasure trove...

Retail Software

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, £39.99)

Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! (Nintendo, £24.99)

New Art Academy (Nintendo, £29.99)

3DS Virtual Console

Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (Konami, £2.70/€3)

DSiWare

The Lost Town — The Jungle (CIRCLE Entertainment, 200 points)

Escape The Virus: Shoot ’Em Up! (Teyon, 200 points)

Just a helpful reminder, retail download codes should be cheaper than buying it physically or straight from the eShop!

New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, £39.99)

*Spits out beverage*

*Orders from Shopto* :P

Anyone actually selling the download codes yet?

*Spits out beverage*

*Orders from Shopto* :P

Anyone actually selling the download codes yet?

Not seen any yet... Maybe they're only gonna be in B&M stores for launch? Or maybe NOE are just late with these things as usual... (Remembers how long it took for them to get eShop cards into stores :rolleyes: )

Edit: Fluidity is getting a 3DS sequel on eShop :D

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486669

Nintendo Fluidity: Spin Cycle Q4

No other details...

Other games of note...

Nicalis Cave Story Q3

nnooo Spirit Hunters Inc. Q4

Nicalis Nightsky Q4

Also, Unchained Blades is getting a retail release as well as a download one now!

Edited by Dcubed

This weeks updates.

This Thursday's bumper 3DS eShop update includes Virtual Console versions of two classic NES titles and a demo for Lego Batman 2.

Donkey Kong Jr., first released on NES in 1983, will be available to download for £4.50 (previously free for 3DS Ambassadors). The title marks a rare appearance of Mario as an antagonist as you try and rescue Donkey Kong from the plumber's clutches.

Then there's NES Open Tournament Golf, the ageing Mario-fronted sports title from 1991. That costs £3.61.

Meanwhile, a demo of the excellent Lego Batman 2: DC Superheroes is available to try for free.

Another week brings another four DLC tracks for Final Fantasy spin-off Theatrhythm. The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum (FF12 - FMS), Crystal Cave (FF03 - FMS), Ragnarok (FF11 - BMS) and Challenge (FF10 - BMS) each cost 90p.

Finally, there's puzzle title Rummikub (£7.20/800 DSi Points) on DSiWare, and 2020 Super Baseball on WiiWare (900 Points, about £6.30).

Those Theatrhythm tracks are from last week. That's the 2nd time that Eurogamer have made that mistake... [cough]Also 2020 Super Baseball is a NeoGeo VC game, not a Wii Ware game[/cough]

Anyway, lots of free goodies for me this week it seems, with the NES VC game updates and another demo (about time we got a new one!)

Edited by Dcubed

Those Theatrhythm tracks are from last week.

If that's the case, then it seems Nlife made the same mistake too:

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy — £0.90/€1 each:

The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum (FF12 - FMS)

Crystal Cave (FF03 - FMS)

Ragnarok (FF11 - BMS)

Challenge (FF10 - BMS)

Anyway, lots of free goodies for me this week it seems, with the NES VC game updates

What kind of updates are the NES games getting?

What kind of updates are the NES games getting?

For Ambassadors, the games are getting upgraded to the usual VC release standards (Permanent save states & proper NES console icons in the main menu)

Also certain games that feature simultaneous multiplayer like Ice Climbers are getting Wireless Download Play multiplayer added (previously you could only swap controllers for turn based multi)

More support from Nicalis on the eShop. This time it's a port of a Japanese 2D fighter called Yatagarasu (Yes, like AAI!) that was made by ex SNK (King of Fighters) team members!

http://blog.nicalis.com/2012/08/nicalis-strikes-with-yatagarasu-fighting-game-playpax-prime-2012/

Coming to North America and Europe – play@PAX Prime!

August 23, 2012 – Nicalis, in collaboration with Circle Edge, proudly announces fighter “Yatagarasu” (final name and release date TBD) bound for the West! Created by a three-man team (past credits include King of Fighters), Yatagarasu rocks hard with classic 2D fighting action and tournament-level depth.

Developed over four years, Yatagarasu was originally released in 2011 as a Japan-only title. Art direction and character design by fan-favorite artist Styleos, game design and balance by ex-SNK designer Umezono and game engine by Shiza–the three-man team makes up Circle Edge. Yatagarasu also features a unique optional commentator system that mimics the tournament trash talk experience.

Attendees of PAX Prime 2012 can preview this fighting masterpiece next week (8.31, 9.1, 9.2) by visiting booth 883 (within the Indie Megabooth) and experience the action. Watch the Yatagarasu Trailer on YouTube at: Yatagarasu Nintendo 3DS Trailer

Yatagarasu Features:

- Eight playable characters

- Single and 2P Vs. modes

- Training and Replay modes

- Four-button attack system with Parry System

- Character design by Styleos

- Classic 2D hand drawn sprites

- Original soundtrack

Yatagarasu continues Nicalis’ collaborative domination with some of the best developers in the world. Previously Nicalis has teamed up with Studio Pixel (Cave Story), Nicklas Nygren (NightSky), Terry Cavanagh (VVVVVV) and Sophie Houlden (Swift Stitch).

About Nicalis, Inc.

Based in extra sunny Southern California, Nicalis, Inc. is a developer and publisher of pretty awesome downloadable games ranging from PC to console to mobile. Founded in 2007, Nicalis is committed to working with other developers on great games. Nicalis, Inc. is also releasing NightSky (Nintendo 3DS and iOS) and publishing 1001 Spikes (also playable at PAX Prime). For more information on Nicalis, visit our rad HTML5 site at: http://www.nicalis.com and let’s be friends on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nicalis

About Circle Edge

Based in Japan, Circle Edge is comprised of a small group of highly trained experts in fighting game design. As it’s first game, Yatagarasu represents the culmination of knowledge from developing multiple fighting and action games.

© 2012 Nicalis, Inc.

All other trademarks and copyrights are property of their respective owners

I'm not a big fighting game fan (outside of a selected few series), but this looks pretty damn cool!

Nice to see more quality stuff hitting the eShop. Let's just hope that Nicalis don't bollock this one up for Europe this time!

I'm not a big fan of Vs. fighters but I applaud them for doing it. I'd love to see some scrolling 2D brawlers like Final Fight or Double Dragon, but even better!

Has anyone bought the 3D Classics version of Kid Icarus? The new backgrounds look pretty nice, not to mention there's now a save function! Have the game on NES, and that's exactly what it needs...

Any other recommendations from the eshop? Mainly eyeing the old gameboy games, like Super Mario Land 1&2, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master etc. And yes, I have access to all of the 20 ambassador games, nice surprise! : D

Has anyone bought the 3D Classics version of Kid Icarus? The new backgrounds look pretty nice, not to mention there's now a save function! Have the game on NES, and that's exactly what it needs...

Any other recommendations from the eshop? Mainly eyeing the old gameboy games, like Super Mario Land 1&2, Bionic Commando, Blaster Master etc. And yes, I have access to all of the 20 ambassador games, nice surprise! : D

GB VC: Super Mario Land 1 & 2, Wario Land 1 & 2, Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong GB, Kirby's Dreamland 1 & 2, Kirby Block Ball, Kirby Pinball Land, Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters, Metroid 2, Game & Watch Gallery 1 & 2, Catrap, Mega Man Dr Wily's Revenge, Gargoyle's Quest, Tetris, Blaster Master Enemy Below, Mario's Picross, Toki Tori

3DS Downloads: Art of Balance, Dillon's Rolling Western, Fun! Fun! Minigolf, Mighty Switch Force, Pullblox, VVVVVV, Potzol's Puzzle, 3D Classics Excitebike, 3D Classic's Kirby's Adventure

DSiWare: 3D Space Tank, Reflect Missile, Pop Island & Paper Field, Dragon Quest Wars, Pinball Pulse, All Art-Style games, Shantae Risky's Revenge, Aura-Aura Climber, Little bit of: Dr Mario, GO Series: Picdun, Ivy the Kiwi? Mini (unless you've got the superior retail version), Little bit of: Planet Puzzle League (unless you've got the superior retail version), Link 'n' Launch, Bird & Bombs, Mighty Flip Champs!, Mighty Milky Way, Mr. Driller: Drill Till You Drop, Paper Plane, Pyoro, Starship Patrol, Brain Training Arts & Brain Training Maths (They are NOT the same as the retail games, they are collectively the 3rd game in the series!)

You're welcome :)

Edited by Dcubed

Well any personal favourites from there? : D I mean yeah, I could just buy the whole library, but then again, prob not. Got 9€ on the account courtesy of the previous owner...mainly looking at SML 1 & 2, have never played them properly.

When I finally got a wireless internet connection a few weeks ago, I downloaded Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Mighty Switch Force, Pullblox and The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. So those would be my recommendations.

VVVVVV I'd already played on the PC, but it's definitely worth checking out, too.

I'm not a huge fan of the Super Mario Land games (not the first one, anyway), but it's your money. :p

Well any personal favourites from there? : D I mean yeah, I could just buy the whole library, but then again, prob not. Got 9€ on the account courtesy of the previous owner...mainly looking at SML 1 & 2, have never played them properly.

Before anything else, get Link's Awakening and Donkey Kong 94.

All the ones I've listed are great, but those two stand out in particular as two of the very best games ever made.

Yeah, I read the first SML is not that great anymore, but the second one seems to have gotten much better reviews. Pullblox, that seems like a cool game as well...

I've got LA on GBC already, but Donkey Kong 94...what's that? : o

Edit: Apparently some sort of continuation of the first DK game xD Naah, doesn't really appeal to me...

I didn't buy it but I've got it, somehow. Yeah, it's a decent game, especially once you get past the first dungeon/boss. 3D Classics are a great way to neaten up old games here and there. I thought there would be Zelda and Metroid games in this series, but not so far...

And yes, I have access to all of the 20 ambassador games, nice surprise! : D

Whoah, that's lucky! Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap are the two best, I think, although I might need to put in more time with the other GBA games.

As for the eShop, I'd recommend Shantae: Risky's Revenge (which is DSi Ware) and Mighty Switch Force. The latter is more difficult and not for everyone.

Donkey Kong 94...what's that? : o

Edit: Apparently some sort of continuation of the first DK game xD Naah, doesn't really appeal to me...

It's really more of a precursor to the Mario vs. Donkey Kong games, if that's more your cup of tea.

Edit: Here's a comic that's partly about Donkey Kong on the GameBoy.

Edited by Magnus

Metroid Fusion and Minish Cap are the two best, I think, although I might need to put in more time with the other GBA games.

I think you should, the GBA Ambassador games are terrific! I think they put together an excellent mix of games. I started playthrough's on WarioWare, Mario vs Donkey Kong & F-Zero not so long ago, but I haven't got back to them yet.

Also, here's a Star Stacker trailer:

And here's a trailer for Yatagarasu, the recently announced eShop fighter form Nicalis:

Edited by -Dem0-

GBL_3DSDS_PicrossE.jpg

PICROSS e coming to the eShop next week!

Use numbers as hints to complete illustrations in this series of "picture crossword puzzles", which Nintendo has been developing as its own brand of game software since 1995.

Anyone can enjoy it with its simple and easy to understand rules.

With this version's newly implemented navigation feature, puzzles can be solved more smoothly than ever.

£4.50 / €5.00

PICROSS e coming to the eShop next week!
meh. :zzz:

Someone wake me up when/if Harmo Knight comes out.