NEurope

Is this not happening to anyone else? Or has nobody else tried?

Just checked and I'm getting the message too. Never had this problem before. I'll check it later on as well, otherwise I'll tweet ONM tomorrow to see what they say.

Just checked and I'm getting the message too.

Likewise, episodes 7-10 all give me that same message.

Still not playing at 10:30, lol...

OK seems they play after 11pm. Although I thought this was what the parental controls are for...

Edited by Ike

AFter 11pm...K must try that later tonight so.

Seems like a silly time for it to be working...must be a very small window.

Least its not just me, I was thinking maybe the Nintendo Service Centre mucked something up while it was in for repair, haha.

Gonna tweet Nintendo UK and bitch about it :heh:

Mega Man hits the 3DS VC this Thursday :)

I'm not really itching to have it on the go, but it's nice to see another new NES game (and a good 3rd party one even!)

Regarding all this "adult" content, wouldn't it be easier to leave it out of their press conferences and Nintendo TV episodes? I'm all for people being able to play what they like (which they're not anyway - try putting sexual content on there!), but it just seems wrong to me to sit down for Nintendo's E3 conference, get an "18+" notice and see ridiculous amounts of blood in a Ninja Gaiden trailer.

Just a thought.

Mega Man hits the 3DS VC this Thursday :)

I'm not really itching to have it on the go, but it's nice to see another new NES game (and a good 3rd party one even!)

When Sven said "Patience... we'll have things to discuss on this topic in the future", I guess I was hoping for something a bit more special leading up to the 25th anniversay in Decemeber rather than simply meaning "they are their way".

There goes the hopes of some sort of special compliation download like the GC Anniverary Collection - even if it was just 1 to 6.

NightSky Review:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/nightsky_eshop

"Nintendo fans have been waiting a long time for NightSky, and they won't be disappointed. The finished product is gorgeous, flawlessly designed and bracingly atmospheric, with perfect controls, clever puzzles, and an endlessly evolving play style that will never see you solving the same puzzle the same way twice. Hidden stars, a locked world and an advanced difficulty lend the experience significant replayability, but even if it offered only a single playthrough, it's not an experience that could soon be forgotten. At last, the 3DS eShop has its masterpiece."

Wowza! According to Nlife, this is the BEST that the eShop has to offer so far!

Wow! Can't say I was really considering NightSky (or even knew it was coming to 3DS), but I'm now intrigued...

So supposedly, NightSky is coming out here next month...

I'll believe it when I see it...

Oh yeah, we're also getting Layton MoM and Mighty Bomb Jack NES this week.

Jools Watsham

"Originally, Mutant Mudds was 'Metroidlike', with power-up abilities being used as 'keys' to access new areas. A small element of that remained for the secret levels."

So supposedly, NightSky is coming out here next month...

I'll believe it when I see it...

Oh yeah, we're also getting Layton MoM and Mighty Bomb Jack NES this week.

Aren't Nicalis the ones who are doing Cave Story? If that's anything to go by then we won't be seeing NightSky for at least 2 years...

Also just checked eShop today and Let's Golf 3D by Gameloft is on sale this week for £1.79. Is it worth buying? I like Mario Golf, Everybody's Golf and Pangya so if it's anything like that then I'll probably enjoy it. Also it's normally £5.40 lol

Aren't Nicalis the ones who are doing Cave Story? If that's anything to go by then we won't be seeing NightSky for at least 2 years...

It's been approved by NOE, so your paranoia about 'it being Nicalis so we won't see it for ages' is irrelevant.

Anyway, came to post about Let's Golf 3D being £1.79 down from £5.40, but I don't know what the consensus it about how good it is.

Well I bought it when it was first released, it's an enjoyable title with decent use of 3D and quite a lot of content. The reviews for this game are all over the place, some as high as 90 and others as low as 40. This game is good fun especially when played in short bursts. The career mode is quite long and allows for your character to develop as you win tournys. The controls consists of the simple button-press affair, I do remember some frame rate dips at times but nothing too serious. I think you'll also enjoy this game, especially at this price!

If you're still unsure:

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/08/lets_golf_3d_3dsware

I ended up buying Let's Golf 3D, I'll let you know my thoughts soon.

Edit: woah it took me 20 minutes to download the game, taking up 1523 blocks of my SD card. What's that in MB/GB?

After playing it for about an hour the graphics and gameplay are passable. There don't seem to be any special shots like in Everybody's Golf or Pangya but instead you can charge up a character's special ability by playing well and then pressing Y once it's fully charged which lets you do things such as disabling wind for one turn, adding extra power & distance to your shot etc.

The menus are pretty bad, it might be due to my SD card but loading takes forever and it's worst on the character select screen where there's a second pause whenever you switch between a character.

The camera in this game ain't too bad although the controls are weird, you can pan the camera forwards and backwards with the X and B buttons and only once you've moved the camera as far forwards as it can go then you can zoom in and out with the L and R buttons. Also when putting you only have 3 camera options - behind the player, behind the hole and overhead view. There's no way to pan the camera about or zoom in and out which makes it hard to judge the slope of the green.

The 3D in this game is barely noticeable, I couldn't tell the difference between 2D and 3D unless if there were trees around.

There's plenty of stuff to do with a career mode which lets you unlock courses, characters, equipment and clothes for the characters. Clothes and equipment affect the characters' stats. Also just playing with the character gives them experience points which they can use to level up and increase their stats but the stat increases are automatic and AFAIK not random, still it gives you incentive to use every character.

There's also a challenge mode which gives you special missions to complete, Free Hole mode which lets you explore courses by giving you unlimited swings. There's an instant mode if you just want a quick game of golf and 2 player mode by sharing the system though I haven't tried these 2 yet.

If you want a game of golf and can't wait for Mario Golf and can get past the poor putting camera then it's worth the reduced price. I certainly wouldn't pay £5.40 for it though

Edited by f00had

Downloads for this week (1/11/12)

3DS Download

Samurai G (UFO Interactive) Price: €1.99 / £1.79 Nlife summary:

"Samurai G is a terrible, horrible, not good very bad excuse for an endless runner. It's satisfied with regurgitating genre ideas and didn't even take the time to think about how to make those ideas work well before charging people actual currency for a flimsy prototype. If there is any running to be done here, it is as far away as possible."

Full Review: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/samurai_g_eshop

Monster Shooter (Gamelion) Price: €6.99 / £6.29 Game Description:

"Monster Shooter is the new top-down action shooter from Gamelion, and is the first such game to offer the experience of full monster mayhem to both casual players and alien exterminators alike.

Follow the epic chase in Story mode or take your chances in a survival of the fittest. Master different means of annihilation with shotguns, plasma rifles, electricity guns, grenades, rocket launchers and even a nuclear bomb!

"

3DS VC

Gradius NES (Konami) Price: €4.99 / £4.49 Nlife summary:

"There's no denying that Gradius is beginning to show its age, but for gamers who grew up stuffing their allowances into coin-op quarter slots, there's nothing like taking a trip down memory lane and reliving the type of legendary and influential arcade experiences that Gradius still offers. Now that you can take it on the go with you on your 3DS, you have little excuse not to test your shooter skills and take a peek back to where the genre began to really take shape."

Full Review: http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/gradius_nes

3DS Demo

New Style Boutique aka Style Savvy: Trendsetters(Nintendo) Price: Free

Nlife Summary:

"Style Savvy: Trendsetters is a beautiful game which offers an incredible variety of content, boasts addictive gameplay, and makes excellent use of the 3DS' features. Like its up-and-coming fashionista protagonist, Style Savvy is confident, fun and charming. If fashion games are your style, you'll be absolutely thrilled with everything on offer here, and even if it's not the sort of game you'd normally consider picking up, it's well worth a second look."

Full Review: www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds/style_savvy_trendsetters

Your welcome :)

I think a lot of us would like to see Denpa Men! But so too those oh so elusive Nicalis titles :/

Looking forward to New Style Boutique demo :D

Is it an eShop game or a retail cartridge game?

Your welcome :)

I think a lot of us would like to see Denpa Men! But so too those oh so elusive Nicalis titles :/

Starting to wonder why people are so eager to support Nicalis, they've always had bad support for Europe (massive delays or not releasing at all) and they always seem to have massive bugs in their games (bonus of our release being delayed means we have the bugs fixed).

Looking forward to New Style Boutique demo :D

Is it an eShop game or a retail cartridge game?

Retail. I'm guessing it'll be on the eShop as well though.

Starting to wonder why people are so eager to support Nicalis, they've always had bad support for Europe (massive delays or not releasing at all) and they always seem to have massive bugs in their games (bonus of our release being delayed means we have the bugs fixed.

Because despite their ineptitude as a publisher (and their generally poor bug checking/fixing process), they eventually put out fantastic products. Their ports are very good, they pick great games to port and their own Nightsky game is supposedly pretty damn awesome too!

Retail. I'm guessing it'll be on the eShop as well though.
It will be yeah.

I'm pretty sure that every Nintendo published title from this point onwards is going to be available as both retail and a DD.

Anyone else get the Style Boutique demo?

It's surprisingly fun :D

Oh BTW, for anyone who already downloaded the Shopping Experience demo, the Fashion Contest one is up now (Nintendo uploaded the Shopping one on Thursday by mistake - that's not supposed to be out till next week I think and isn't working properly right now)

Also, Jett Rocket 2 is coming out within the next few months!

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/10/31/shinen-mega-interview-harnessing-the-wii-u-power/

After Neo Nano Assault for Wii U and EX on 3DS, also Jet Rocket 2 that you’ve announced, what can you tell us about your coming games?

Yes, we’re developing a new Jett Rocket game for 3DS. It’s a fast paced action jump’n'run! We’re currently applying the finishing touches and hope to release it in a few months. We’re also already planing a new Wii U game. We can’t talk about it yet but we will announce it early next year.

Edited by Dcubed