NEurope

I may well attempt Metroid 2 at that price as I only have £2.80 remaining on my 3DS..

I might buy this too.

Crimson Shroud Review

"As an RPG that digs into the table-top history of the genre, Crimson Shroud is both a great deal of fun and an artistic triumph. While there are issues — mainly a steep learning curve and an almost frustratingly brief campaign — they're easy to overlook in the face of such charming presentation, fantastic music, and near-endless replayability. Crimson Shroud isn't a game that does a lot of things, but rather a game that does a small number of things extremely well. Crimson Shroud is absolutely a dungeon worth crawling." 9/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/crimson_shroud_eshop

So, this sounds like it could very well be the best of the three from Guild01, and another great 3DS eShop title.

Any impressions on Crimson Shroud or Hydroventure? Kinda interested in them but not too sure if I should buy them yet, wasn't interested in Hydroventure until I saw it on the eShop last night. Might end up waiting and see if they go on sale.

Any impressions on Crimson Shroud or Hydroventure? Kinda interested in them but not too sure if I should buy them yet, wasn't interested in Hydroventure until I saw it on the eShop last night. Might end up waiting and see if they go on sale.

Just picked up Hydroventure. Only played the first 5 levels of the first world. At first when watching the trailer I thought the water physics seemed too slow and sticky, but upon playing it feels really nice and well balanced with the gyro controls.

Plenty of levels to play, which I'm taking from the number of Rainbow Sprites you have to save (1 on each level), from the top of my head 60.

There are many different powers you can gain by completing certain levels (I only have 1 ATM), but it seems you can get 8-10. This will increase the replayability of each level incredibly as there are collectibles like puzzle pieces which you can only get them whilst using other powers.

Overall, I'm enjoying this and it feels like it's a nice addition to my quick pick and play in short bursts game collection.

Hey guys.

So I'm looking at what games I can buy for my 3ds and am interested in digitally downloading some titles.

However... I am aware that the prices tend to be a little steeper than the retail versions. This irks me slightly given that you get a box and box art and sleeves etc with a cheaper retail copy!! :nono:

So, my question is: is there a list of retail games available to download on the eshop anywhere? And if so - is the price also listed?

Any help would be great! :hehe:

How's Harvest Moon GBC? I've played most of the Harvest Moon games from SNES to Wii and my favourites are the SNES and GBA ones.

Late to the party but I had never really played HM before that and quite enjoyed it myself. That was until my sister let some kids play with our GBC back in the day and then they erased my motherfucking well crafted file - I left it behind. From what I've mildly tried of the SNES version, it seems similar to that iirc. However I didn't give it a particularly good enough go to make an accurate judgement. If it's on eShop I'd poss consider picking it up depending on price actually...

Bit of new info about the eShop release process. You know how the Wii U brought in a new set of relaxed rules that allow developers/publishers to set whatever price, release date they want and how they can set their own sales as they wish? And also allowing them to release patches as and when they want with almost no interference, save for the lotcheck process? The one that basically makes the eShop the console equivalent of Steam? (As well as a supposed 85/15 revenue split in favour of the developer/publisher)

Well it seems that they've started applying these rules to the EU 3DS eShop too, according to the creator of Gunman Clive! (Who's game is coming out on December 20th)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45201094&postcount=453

Supposedly this new policy hasn't yet been reflected in the US store, but it's still great news! Means more sales, more reliable release schedules and hopefully more support for the 3DS eShop (the new system is working wonders for the Wii U, so here's hoping that it's also reflected on the 3DS! :) )

Bangtidy bit of news! Now if they could fix the time limits on age related content...

(really though, that is fantastic to see happening)

Late to the party but I had never really played HM before that and quite enjoyed it myself. That was until my sister let some kids play with our GBC back in the day and then they erased my motherfucking well crafted file - I left it behind. From what I've mildly tried of the SNES version, it seems similar to that iirc. However I didn't give it a particularly good enough go to make an accurate judgement. If it's on eShop I'd poss consider picking it up depending on price actually...

I have Harvest Moon for the GBC - I got it with along with Game And Wtach Gallery 2 when I had my GBC way back when. By all accounts it's a bit stripped back compared to the SNES and 64 version and I found it quite dull as there isn't much to do - once you've watered and havested one crop, you've done them all. Short of brushing your animals and taking them for a walk, I don't recall being able to do much else.

In what will surprise no one, Capcom have confirmed that that all the NES Mega Man games will be coming to the North American 3DS e-shop (though we've already had the first) including Mega Man 6 - a game that never appeared on the Wii VC. No doubt we will see them all in time too.

Hey guys.

So I'm looking at what games I can buy for my 3ds and am interested in digitally downloading some titles.

However... I am aware that the prices tend to be a little steeper than the retail versions. This irks me slightly given that you get a box and box art and sleeves etc with a cheaper retail copy!! :nono:

So, my question is: is there a list of retail games available to download on the eshop anywhere? And if so - is the price also listed?

Any help would be great! :hehe:

nintendos official website

I've been playing Hydroventureg, and done a round 25 levels so far. I definitely would recommend it - it's a crackling little game, with excellent controls, lovely cartoony graphics, and some very clever uses of the water / ice mechanic. Every level feels like it's trying something new too, which I wasn't expecting. Definitely worth getting.

I've been playing Hydroventureg, and done a round 25 levels so far. I definitely would recommend it - it's a crackling little game, with excellent controls, lovely cartoony graphics, and some very clever uses of the water / ice mechanic. Every level feels like it's trying something new too, which I wasn't expecting. Definitely worth getting.

Have you played the original on WiiWare? If yes, how does it compare to that?

Also does it give ranks or high scores for beating a level?

Review

"Hydroventure: Spin Cycle’s control issues can’t be ignored — there’s little doubt that the levels which require you to rotate the 3DS console through a full 360 degrees would be better suited to a tablet-style device, and these are responsible for the only genuine moments of annoyance you’ll encounter with this game. Given the near-perfect structure, constant challenge, top-notch presentation and incredible longevity (finding all those puzzle pieces and getting five-star ratings on every level are pursuits that will take months), you’ll quickly learn to live with any lingering interface complaints.

The 3DS eShop is home to some truly amazing titles, and Hydroventure: Spin Cycle is another upstanding addition to that stellar selection. It successfully builds on the foundations laid down by its WiiWare parent and delivers a physics-based puzzle experience which challenges the very best the genre has to offer." 9/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/eshop/hydroventure_spin_cycle_eshop

I only played the demo of the original, so I can't really compare. At the end of each level, you get a star rating out of five, depending on how many water droplets you collected / lost along the way, and whether you beat the level within a specified time limit.

I've yet to play Spin Cycle (waiting till next month before I buy it), but the 2 big main differences between the original and its 3DS sequel are the full 360 degree tilt controls on the 3DS (with levels requiring you to twist the system fully upside down, unlike the Wii one which only used limited tilt angles) and the shift away from the Mario 64 style level structure from the Wii one to a level based structure, with small linear levels instead of big open ones.

BTW, if anyone here has never played the Wii game, absolutely do so! It's a great game!

Are WH Smiths still doing prepaid cards? My brother gave me loads of love2shop vouchers (to cover his half of the Christmas presents) and the only place I can spend on game stuff is HMV, but I then remembered eShop Prepaid cards and that WH Smiths did them.

Are WH Smiths still doing prepaid cards?

Yes they are, I saw them in WHSmith when I visited last time. That was a few weeks ago.

Yes they are, I saw them in WHSmith when I visited last time. That was a few weeks ago.

Awesome, there's stuff I want on both eShops so I may as well :)

I'm interested in this too! I checked the trailer out for this game on the android store, looks really smooth. Although I think this will play better with actual buttons.

How is the 3D used?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brett Elston on giving Mega Man the 3D Classics treatment :

“A great idea, and one I’ve brought up before. It’s just something both Capcom Japan and Nintendo would have to collaborate on. Never say never, but no official word at the moment.”
Edited by -Dem0-
Automerged Doublepost

Couple of tidbits... Swords and Soldiers is coming to the 3DS eShop!

From GoNintendo...

Quote:

- adaptation of the WiiWare game

- handled by Circle Entertainment

“We reached out to Ronimo a few months ago. They’re very nice and they’re happy to do a 3DS version of Swords & Soldiers. Circle always wants to take on new projects in different genres, so Swords & Soldiers 3D can be a first step [to making more 3DS titles]

We’re still discussing with Ronimo the possibility of offering free DLC and a demo [for Swords & Soldiers 3D] to players. I believe people will be able to see this title in a few months—perhaps next Spring.” - Circle Entertainment CEO, Chris Chau

Code of Princess has been USK rated for Europe and looks like it might be an eShop only release (the publisher is Agatsuma Entertainment themselves, who currently have no EU presence and the only language listed is English...)

Ravi Laby 2 has also been USK rated for an EU release on DSiware too :) (as well as Family Kart 3D, but nobody cares about that shite)

Yep, looks like I was right on the money about Code Of Princess!

Thank you very much for your interest in our title; Code of Princess!

Yes, we will be releasing the title as OUR title through Nintendo eShop ONLY.

We are still working on. So, please be patient. Thank you very much for your interest, again!

Kind Regards,

Customer Support

AGATSUMA ENTERTAINMENT Co.,Ltd.

Fractured Soul pricing.

"We released Fractured Soul for 3DS on the Nintendo eShop in North America for USD $11.99. It surprised us to hear gamers in Australia saying they guessed the game would come out for $15+ when released here, but I suppose I would have thought the same thing. As much as we’d love to charge these crazy prices from a financial point of view, it’s just not right. As gamers ourselves, can we expect the price gouging to stop if we’re part of the problem too?

So we’re making a stand. Fractured Soul will cost AUD $9.99 on the Australia & NZ Nintendo eShop, and 7.99 Euros in the Nintendo eShop in Europe."