NEurope

This is some pretty good stuff!

"Cave Story DSiWare being revamped for eShop

- includes new modes and features

- jukebox mode, adjustable controls, Boss Rush, Curly Story, Hell Time Attack, Wind Fortress, Nemesis Challenge, and more

- adds a widescreen presentation and 3D effect

- DSiWare version may be removed from eShop, but will remain on DSiWare shop"

"Mighty Switch Force updates

- content will be delivered in a game update

- includes 5 free levels

- will also enhance the game's 3D effect

- adds a quick-retry button"

Anyone think this could finally be a chance for it to come here? I mean it's gotta be... THEY'RE REVAMPING IT DAMMIT! :cry:

In other news Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) is coming to the eShop soon, never played Art of Balance on WiiWare, and seeing as the original was very well received and this is an enhanced version. I'll be looking forward to this.

Nintendolife First Impressions

Edited by -Dem0-

Japan is getting Wario Land 3 next week.

We are yet to get Wario Land 2. :(

It happens, I think we'll be getting it (Wario Land 2) in the coming months. It's worse for NA, they still haven't got Wario Land!

"Cave Story DSiWare being revamped for eShop

- includes new modes and features

- jukebox mode, adjustable controls, Boss Rush, Curly Story, Hell Time Attack, Wind Fortress, Nemesis Challenge, and more

- adds a widescreen presentation and 3D effect

- DSiWare version may be removed from eShop, but will remain on DSiWare shop"

Coming to Europe in 2015! :laughing:

Surely they wouldn't put that much effort into it for them NOT to release it over here. Has there been an explanation why they haven't?!

Also, adding 3D, surely that will eat into the retail version sales

Surely they wouldn't put that much effort into it for them NOT to release it over here. Has there been an explanation why they haven't?!

Also, adding 3D, surely that will eat into the retail version sales

I wouldn't imagine that the retail version is drawing in a significant amount of sales at this point (if ever it did!)

I suppose we did get the WiiWare version (A year late, but they got there in the end!), so we'll probably get the 3DS download version... eventually... in 2015... if we're lucky...

so we'll probably get the 3DS download version... eventually... in 2015... if we're lucky...

I won't be surprised, but the next Smash Bros. will probably be released around mid 2015, so I won't give a damn about cave story.

Is Cave Story 3DS even still in print? Haven't seen it in stock anywhere for ages.

I wouldn't imagine that the retail version is drawing in a significant amount of sales at this point (if ever it did!)

Yeah, I doubt it's been on any shop shelves throughout 2012. A few online retailers make it look as though they have it, but they don't really.

Anyway, these are great updates! Mighty Switch Force is still my favourite eShop title, so it's a bonus to get new levels.

Edited by Grazza
Automerged Doublepost

Great updates to this eShop and 3DS this week! Got giddy in all the new fangled changes and folders, so i had to bring myself back down to earth. What better way than to go retro and play SML2: 6 Golden Coins.

Music is heavenly, might swap the LMFAO cd in my car for the OST to this game. Turtle Zone will be the music i wed to!

Nice one Eightbit, I may just play some Golden Coins tonight too! but before that, lets take a glimpse of what JP had today.

3DS Downloadable Content

- 3D Classics Hoshi no Kirby Yume no Izumi no Monogatari (Kirby’s Adventure) – 600 yen

- ARC STYLE: Sangokushi Pinball – 700 yen

- Bloody Vampire – 600 yen

Virtual Console

- Megami Tenseishō Gaiden Last Bible (Game Boy Color) – 600 yen

DLC

- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Songs (Four Songs) – 150 yen each

- Fire Emblem: Kakusei Character (Marth) – FREE (04/19-05/31)

- Fire Emblem: Kakusei Character (Roy) – 250 yen

- Fire Emblem: Kakusei Characer (Leaf) – 350 yen

Video Content

- Nintendo Direct

- Pokémon Black and White 2

- Guild 01

- Project X Zone

- Etrian Odyssey IV

- Culdcept

- Rune Factory IV 3D video

- Etrian Odyssey 3D video

- Danbōru Senki Baku Boost (Little Battlers eXperience) 3D video

- Mario Tennis Open

- 3D Classics: Kirby’s Adventure

Nicalis' twitter account...

VVVVVV passed NOE's submission process. We're a couple of weeks out @terrycavanagh Congratulations!

Finally! So this is looking like it will be released next month, here's hoping for a special May that will give us VVVVVV, Sakura Samurai & Mutant Mudds.

Nicalis' twitter account...

Finally! So this is looking like it will be released next month, here's hoping for a special May that will give us VVVVVV, Sakura Samurai & Mutant Mudds.

Until the game is available to buy and I can see it on my Home Screen, I'm not believing a single word of what these guys say. I've spent far too much of my time and effort waiting on their stuff.

That being said, I hope it does happen. VVVVVV looks great and Nicalis have done (mostly) good work with their ports before (after it has been patched the first time!)

Super Hang-On for the Wii is great news especially as it's the arcade version but Hang-On a minute... 900 Wii points? :blank:

When you consider that there's a three game collection just around the corner for XBLA entitled 'Alex Kid & Co' which includes Alex Kid, Revenge of Shinobi AND Super Hang-On all of which have been redone with new features all for what will certainly be no more than 1200 msp I can't help but feel that we're getting a little bit of a raw deal there. :wink:

Oh BTW, just spotted a trailer for Castlevania The Adventure (GB VC) on the Wii's Nintendo Channel. Looks like we'll be getting it pretty soon (going to the game's title info page brings up Brunswick Pro Bowling for some bizarre reason, so it was obviously not meant to be put up yet!)

Kirby's Pinball Land just got rated by the OFLC.

I have the game on cartridge, but this is one game that will benefit massively from those temporary save states and eternal presence on my commute; I can't resist a double dip here! :D

BTW, if you've never played it before, it's a must have! Game is God tier!

Hope it comes here soon!

btw just crossed this on Nintendolife:

"eyon, a video games developer and digital publisher, revealed today the upcoming Nintendo 3DS™ release available only through Nintendo eShop™. Bird Mania 3D, a skill-based action game, will be launched in North America on May 3rd 2012 for only $1.99! The same month the game will be also published in PAL region. Beware, it’s totally addictive!"

Features:

Great graphics combining 3D effect and hand-drawn images

Over 20 achievements and extra bonuses to unlock

Instantly addictive game-play: fly, dash and collect!

Easy to use interface and controls

High score tracking

Skipped the trailer before, but after watching it now, it actually looks pretty good. I expected a similar game-play to Angry Birds but it's not. That tune playing through the trailer was also nice. Priced at $1.99 in NA. We might see it for £1.80? Maybe?

Trailer

KIRBYS PINBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that it isn't completely relevant here, but considering that this topic is way more popular than the Wii Channels forum in its entirety, I'm gonna post it here anyway.

The day has finally come! SEGA have posted US release dates for Monster World Arcade and Monster World 4 on the Wii VC!

Both are coming on May 10th, that's next week!!!! (I'm sure the EU release will be on the same day, if not a week after, going by Super Hang On)

2 VC games in one day!? Have I died and gone to heaven!? (Evidently I have, because VVVVVV comes out that day as well! THAT'S 3 GAMES TO BUY NEXT WEEK!!!! )

See Nintendo, see now THIS is the kind of release schedule that you SHOULD be having all the time!

I know that it isn't completely relevant here, but considering that this topic is way more popular than the Wii Channels forum in its entirety, I'm gonna post it here anyway.

But this sort of attitude is why the Wii Channels board is dead. If you want to post in popular threads then why not just stick it up in General Chit Chat?

I know you also posted the news in the relevant board as well as here but still, thats not how things are meant to work. Can everyone who wishes to discuss the Wii VC's death and rebirth please do so in the proper threads. Any further replies made in this thread in relation to Monster World or other upcoming Wii VC releases will be moved... so just save us mods the bother, eh? :heh:

Been playing a few GBA Ambassador games over the last week, the once I hadn't played before :-

Wario Land 4 - fun platformer, but quite short considering it's a GBA title.

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong - had high hopes for this one as it's based on the GB Donkey Kong game, but I much prefer the DS games in this modern series.

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - dabbled in it, but it hasn't 'grabbed' me yet.

Started Yoshi's Island last night. Played it on SNES and GBA beforehand of course, and still love it. A 3DS entry in the series would be amazing :love:

A 3DS entry in the series would be amazing :love:

That's actually on my list of of what I want at E3, awesome doesn't do this game enough justice.

Started Yoshi's Island last night. Played it on SNES and GBA beforehand of course, and still love it. A 3DS entry in the series would be amazing :love:

I never played Yoshi's Island on the SNES back when it was released so I consider that to be a possible factor in why I feel so little joy when I play it :hmm:Super Mario World is one of my favorite games ever but this game didn't do it for me on GBA and is even less enticing on 3DS.. I dislike it quite a lot, unfortunately, and the levels seem way too long :hmm:

I wouldn't be against a 3DS entry but it would probably have to be pretty different for me to be interested, something Yoshi's Island DS wasn't..

..awesome doesn't do this game enough justice.

I think 'overrated' is probably more appropriate :heh: