Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pram-people

Fierce_LiNk

I'm going to complain about the reverse, my friend sometimes uses a wheelchair when going to say meadowhall, its alot of walking around when you are there for a good few hours. Anyway, I usually push her because otherwise it destroys her hands.

People are so f*cking ignorant, I'm pushing somebody along and they don't move out the way, I understand that sometimes its difficult if meadowhall is busy, but mostly it never is because we go very late at night for that very reason! Its pretty damn disgusting and I've been given a few dirty looks for not moving my friend out the way >_>.

Pram people are the worst mind you, I'm sure, you couldn't keep your legs closed so I have to give you special treatment? I think not. Sick of a row of four students also on a pavement, so they FORCE you onto the road..I don't want.to.die move out of my way, there's four of you in a line damnit, there is no need... >_>

There is alot about being in a city that grr's me, so I shall stop there..

Hogging up the path really bugs me too. There's no need to walk side-by-side like that if theres more than three of you. Idiots.

As for pram people, they bug me the most on busses. They do try and get on first all the time and are so rude when they get on. If its busy, they literally mow down people standing near the front to get to their special seats. I get that they have these places especially for them, but still, its not like we wouldn't let them get there, they dont have to rambo through to enforce that right.

People in wheel chairs, old ladies with zimmerframes. They're all as bad as each other on the streets though. They just dont care.

People that stop walking right in front of you are the worst though. Grr!

Hogging up the path really bugs me too. There's no need to walk side-by-side like that if theres more than three of you. Idiots.

This brings me to a completely separate point of people who bike side by side on the road. On main roads! Do you want me to swerve into that double decker bus coming the other way? Do you want to be hit by Crazy Taxi behind me? This thread can be summarised as: people are fucktards.

Dont moan about it until you have a baby and need to be pushing a pram about. I have 2 kids, we have a pushchair and a buggy board. Its turning circle is about 4 miles. You "normal" people lolling about, walking freeley have no idea how hard it is to have 2 kids and a pushchair in a busy street.

Young people just walk towards you, well sorry but im not moving. Get out the way or get ran over.

Flink has just ignited this which really annoys me and brings back the huge arguments i've had with pram people.

Honestly, these types of people think just because they got a pram they have right of way. I've been barged by numerous different prams, one of which grazed the skin on the back of my leg. I've been waiting in a queue for ages, and behind me is a pram and the woman in question pushes it into me causing me to be pushed into the person in front.

Last pram that got in my way, i just stood still and moved with it thus disrupting the person pushing it, and i have been known to give a cheeky tap of my foot onto the back of said person's leg to see how they like being barged. Which brings me onto one of the arguements i have had. I was walking through a shop (Gamestation, Newport), 2 prams blocking the way one each way, i ask them to move so i can leave the store. Neither do. They just sat there for 15 minutes stopping people from going to the till and people coming from the tills from doing anything. No apologies either, even the manager didn't do anything about it when we asked.

Esequiel, i can understand what you are on about from the times i have pushed a pram about, but the ones i have problems with are the ones that move with you and don't even try to let you past and make you really tempted to push them.

I've actually tipped over a pram and shouted at a mum before.

Long story.

The kid was alright, though.

Ish.

Young people just walk towards you, well sorry but im not moving. Get out the way or get ran over.

I hope you have insurance!

Esequiel, i can understand what you are on about from the times i have pushed a pram about, but the ones i have problems with are the ones that move with you and don't even try to let you past and make you really tempted to push them.

Even i will concede that there are some really ignorant people around, but some people just dont realise how stressfull it can be pushing kids around or having people stand in your way while your kid is screaming for food, or a nappy change..... or just being moody.

Sick of a row of four students also on a pavement, so they FORCE you onto the road..I don't want.to.die move out of my way, there's four of you in a line damnit, there is no need... >_>

There is alot about being in a city that grr's me, so I shall stop there..

Whenever this happens to me I either keep walking straight into them, or get close and just stop walking. They're in the wrong, for sure.

I feel the same way, but in Shanghai, it's people with kids that can walk that cause the biggest problems. They don't hold the kids' hands and the dirty little sproglets just run everywhere... you have to dodge up to ten little kids on a small pavement or you get shouted at by an indignant group of mothers.

AND THEN there are the people who walk three abreast in one direction, slowly and give you snooty looks when you politely try to edge past them.

My final big city rant goe out to the pregnant ladies wearing stiletto heels. Almost every day I will give my seat up to a pregnant lady or an elderly person. No issues there. The problem is those ladies who seem to believe being pregnant should have no impact on their typical lifestyle, who seconds before were somiking on the platform and are wearing shoes that would scare the crap out of Naomi Campbell.

I'm not going to give my seat up to someone who has no regard for their own personal safety or that of their baby. On a crowded bus or train, wearing high heels is tantamount to putting a loaded gun with a dodgy trigger against your uterus.

Many of these pram people are usually adolescents who got knocked up, at least in my case. This inevitably means that they never had any intelligence to begin with.

I find that even when you see pram women that are older, they never seem to have shook off their chavish, look, often retaining their traditional favourite 'hula hoop' earrings and slurred speech. My girlfriend's town is full of young women pushing prams about. Bunch of country bumpkins, they are.

I find that even when you see pram women that are older, they never seem to have shook off their chavish, look, often retaining their traditional favourite 'hula hoop' earrings and slurred speech. My girlfriend's town is full of young women pushing prams about. Bunch of country bumpkins, they are.

Ah now you see there is your current mistake. :wink: They're not older, they probably around the same age, appearance driven to elderly proportions by chain smoking to a pr0 degree [not the good pr0 either], and mounds of excess drinking which got them knocked up in the first place.

Even i will concede that there are some really ignorant people around, but some people just dont realise how stressfull it can be pushing kids around or having people stand in your way while your kid is screaming for food, or a nappy change..... or just being moody.

There are times when i found it stressfull with a screaming child in the middle of a town, it seems that the child has this thing that triggers the screaming in the most crowded place possible.

There was a pram person yesterday, holding the whole bus up while she figured out how to put the pram back together in the middle of the isle, i would of helped but the driver was already helping her with success.

Well I just pit money down on a pram so all you moaners better get out of the way or we shall run you over :heh:

I can understand where your coming from though I'm the same when I'm in town but what minds me up the most is old folk who walk like they are already dead.

I can understand where your coming from though I'm the same when I'm in town but what minds me up the most is old folk who walk like they are already dead.

Old folks in those mobililty scooters also annoy me in a similar way to prams, except old folk demand the right of way and will run you over if you don't move even if you are walking in the same direction as them.

Well I just pit money down on a pram so all you moaners better get out of the way or we shall run you over :heh:

This thread doesn't mean that you have to act like an ass with your pram, just that there are some people out there that do. There's not really an excuse for being a bad pedestrian with a pram.

Some of you guys are so angry, when it really has little bearing on your life.

This thread doesn't mean that you have to act like an ass with your pram, just that there are some people out there that do. There's not really an excuse for being a bad pedestrian with a pram.

Some of you guys are so angry, when it really has little bearing on your life.

lol dont worry I'll be very well behaved with it :).

I plan to use our baby harness thing most of the time anyway :).

lol dont worry I'll be very well behaved with it :).

I plan to use our baby harness thing most of the time anyway :).

Harness things are good, but mainly when they are very young. You'll not want to strap a 9 month old kid to your front for hours on end (it'll kill your back, even the ones that go on your back hurt after a while), and a pram/pushchair will come in very handy. You can store so much stuff on it too when you are out and about shopping, or whatever.