Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suspersticious

Kirkatronics

I'm just paranoid that the cats are going to get me. :)

And just for the sheer horrificness/hilarity of it.

--

I'm not superstitious in the slightest tbh. I do the little OCD things, like I have to unplug everything in my room before I sleep, because otherwise a fire will start at some point and kill us all. :p

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two consecutive Friday the 13ths this year, and another one in November.

I think its an omen *hides*

I don't really follow any superstitions tbh. I'd rather walk under a ladder than walk on the road and get run over by a car :heh:

I tend to be cautious on Friday 13ths, but I haven't had any bad luck on one of them... yet. Tbh, the 12th was more unlucky for me than 13th this time, lol.

I used to follow them, but I don't any more. Although I am obsessed with doing things a certain way, to prevent stuff going wrong. But then that's just me being wierd. :heh:

Its to prevent bad luck.

One for sorrow, 2 for joy. Only salute one and you can be on your way.

We have something similar: One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy, five for silver, six for gold, seven for a secret never to be told.

Nothing about saluting them though.

I find it bad luck to misspell a thread title.

How much bad luck did you get for this?

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2019

Want to hear something funny?

This mispelling of superstitious is so bad that if you google 'suspersticious' you actually get this thread as the first result. Honestly.

That's actually amazing... roffles :P

A pigeon once crapped on my shoulder, too. It turned what was an average day into a bad day, especially as the public toilets were closed so I couldn't wash it off. It also happened to me during a go tournament once, although that was all down my front - I had to go back and change, so was late for the next round, but won anyway. But that wasn't luck, it was just being better than my opponent. I lost all but one of the other games in that tournament.
I fucking hate pigeon crap. Hasn't happened for... two years? Had to get on a train and everything. Ugh.

We have something similar: One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl, four for a boy, five for silver, six for gold, seven for a secret never to be told.

Nothing about saluting them though.

How much bad luck did you get for this?

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2019

Thats where the poem came from, seeing one Magpie is bad luck.

Thats why you dont have to salute any more than one.

I wouldn't say I believe in luck as such. It's more chance that I believe in but you could in theory class the two as the same thing so ::shrug: Don't really believe in all this superstitious stuff that people do or don't do. For example, I'm not scared to walk under a ladder. Hell, I walked under one about 20 times in a row giving me something like 140 years of bad luck if you believe in it. But I've not had any bad luck as such. Just bad decisions which have caused me to stray from the path that I call my life. Luck is something, I feel, that comes from taking chances. Don't take them, then you'll never know whether it was a lucky choice to take said chance and get something you want. Bad luck is the opposite: sticking to life's walkway, refusing to take a chance on anything or step outside the norm. Taking a chance and not getting something doesn't mean that it's bad luck, it merely means that in that instance it wasn't meant to happen. And now you see I've gone off topic now as that leads on to fate and how I feel people are linked to one or several determinable fates. But that's not what this topic is about.

There is one thing I do but it's not really superstitious. It basically revolves around the placement of my bottle of water when on the train or wherever but that's probably obsessive compulsive disorder (and I'm sure I have it as can be seen from the stack of dvd cases near my tv which I sit and purposely line up to all be in the exact same position in the stack).

When we were doing the 3rd BISH we chased magpies for a "2 magpies in one shot" (one of Nikki's BISHes that I actually came up with and regretted, because it was hard) and every time we found one Nikki said "Aye, Aye Cap'n" o_O I was a bit confused.

I have much more faith in the cat race than in the human race.

now i love cats, but they are utter bastards.

sat happily eating a meal of fried eggs, black pudding, sausages and brown sauce (best meal ever!), remebering first to feed my part time cat. nice bowl of cat food with a treat of a saucer of milk.

socks waits for me to tuck in happily, glancing between mt magazine and loose women on the telly. life was good.

suddenly "ARGGGGHHH! FUCK!" young socks decided that after eating his lunch, the best way to show his apreciation was to stab me in my calf.

honestly, i almost punched him in the face.

My cat acts like she's the boss. She'll sit on your knee for hours. However, if you try to move her then she'll hiss, growl, cling on to your legs with her claws and/or scratch your hands.

Edit:

The big problem is that she's too cute to not let her sit on you in the first place. She doesn't even mind if you don't stroke her much - she's often on my knee while I'm playing Left 4 Dead.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!