Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Google Offices

Caris

Damn lucky sods. How often would they actually be allowed to play about with all that stuff though? I mean, they do have to work at some point or we end up with another incident like the other week... :heh:

I think quite alot, something to do with increasingly productivity with a decent environment around, did research on it last year in college.

It truly is the best place ever to work in, I'd love to work for google it has to be said, just for that, but then all the crap that comes with working for google itself...

It certainly looks amazing, but I do share doubts of how amazing it really is and how much you can play on stuff(though tbh, go back to the school days of 'you do this much work and you get to play on that for so much time' would be a brilliant way to motivate people!). Would be nice to just burn yourself out on them things too that you can settle into some work, though I dunno if I'd ever manage to burn out...

Isn't it unbelievably hard to get a job there? I seem to remember some gimmick years ago where you had to win an interview or something...

I think there was one with a puzzle on a billboard that you had to solve to work out the URL, and if you went to that, it gave you another puzzle to solve before they let you submit their application. But then that's a good way of getting applicants who're good at solving puzzles, which is presumably what they wanted.

That dashboard picture is hilarious.

I'm not too bothered about work. Home is where I relax and if they actually need things like a gaming room, they are obviously working too long and don't get the chance to do these things in their own free time. 9-5 is fine for me.

There's clearly 2 screens, maybe GH is on the right screen?

Anyway, I can't see a desk, folder or computer in sight, so this isn't really representative of the working environments. The pic with the slide seems to be a cafe, and tbh the slide is the only standout awesomefun feature. A friend of mine used to work for Plusnet and they had a staff room with pool tables and PS3s as well.

My desk is much bigger than that. Seems like they have no personal things on their desks either and no blinds for privacy. What happens when the sun is shining in their eyes?

The fish tanks are so low that you'll have to kneel uncomfortably on the floor just to watch the fish and who would lay in a bath with no water? The place also looks like a maze.

My office is connected to our shopping centre by a short footbridge over the bus station. It has 30 restaurants and cafes, 165 shops, a cinema and a sports centre.