Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Red Dead Redemption

Guest Jordan

Sheikah and me tried to get the trophy. He got up to 7 assists but other players ruined it by killing us or the enemies in the hideout.

After putting some time into several online trophies just now, I've decided to work on the single player again. Got the trophy for keeping one horse over the course of 20 missions. Now I'm going to do a horsebreaking job for the first time.

When i'm in single-player, i'm working on the challenges with the occasional mission thrown in. Still need to work on that horse-breaking achievement, probably a good thing since i got the war horse.

Rockstar developer Lazlow has been answering some of the BBC’s questions and when probed about the fact that kids can be affected by the violence in game he had the following to say

“Our games are not designed for young people. If you’re a parent and buy one of our games for your child you’re a terrible parent”

Genius.

Pretty much finished the main story now. I've just got the end game/sequel setup (I assume) missions to do. They're dragging a bit to be honest.

At that point you should head to Blackwater's train station to set you down the final stretch. Not to say there's much to go — there isn't — but it's not the end until you've seen the credits.

Srsly?!?!? The game doesn't drop a single hint about that one, I've got no markers on my map at all. Damn. Thought I was done. This game goes on forever! :nono:

Worked on that just now and got it on my first attempt. It really is easy.

"Most Wanted" on the other hand can be a tough one, but only if other people are in your Free Roam session and are out to kill you.

I got that one last night, after 4 attempts, first of all find a free roaming area where it looks like the people around just don't care about killing one another. and make sure you are around a spot far away from people (I was lucky that I found no one anywhere near armadillo)

Just shot as many men and then got away, with perhaps $600 or so, and kept going back and fourth until I got up too $1000, and then I bolted off to a place no one could kill me and just waited. 10 mins later Achievement pops up

Cooky, drahcon, EE, and anybody else with the PS3 version, lets form a posse.

Hm, don't know if I'm available, but I'll try.

If I find the time, will you guys help me with Posse Up? I tried this for about 30 minutes yesterday but I couldn't get more than 6 into my posse. I even changed the Free Roam Session more than 5 times and took everyone with me, but noooooo...no one else wanted to join.

Edit: I just read that there will be free DLC in June Oo. Why haven't I heard of this before?

Anyway this is going to be good. More co-op is always good. And it's free.

I'll be up for that! see you guys then.

Would I make you feel better if I added you? Don't say no.

Edited by drahkon

What's a posse? I got a PS3.

posse

1645 (in Anglo-L. from 1314), shortening of posse comitatus "the force of the country" (1626, in Anglo-L. from 1285), from M.L. posse "body of men, power," from L. posse "have power, be able" + comitatus "of the country," gen. of L.L. word for "court palace." Modern slang meaning "small gang" is probably from Western movies

Can't do tonight 8pm, the missus wants to watch hour long Eastenders special. So if anybody's on at 9pm, I'll be there.

Just finished it. The whole game was really easy apart from a few bits that were difficult due to the game being retarded. I remember one bit where you had to go into a bank and shoot people before they shot the hostages. It was literally pitch black inside the bank, despite being daytime outside. I couldn't find the way round behind the counter so the hostages kept getting shot.

The lighting almost ruins this game. It's only when it's night time and stormy that it becomes unbearable though.

The death scene was really well done, but I don't like the idea of spending the whole game getting to know John (and liking him a lot. He is an ace character), only to have to spend the after game/side quest mopup as Jack.

I like that the real ending is not just given to you, although I personally would have liked to have the option to drag the bastard behind my horse.

The way the story plays out serves the central theme perfectly but i still hate that Rockstar kills off its best characters (John, Uncle, Dutch, even Abigail and Louisa) with little to no fanfare.

Im also not interested in a sequel but a prequel DLC episode would be most welcome!

Question for those who beat the game

As the main character gets killed (a friend spoiled that for me), do the Fame/Honour systems get reset? Am a bit iffy nearing the end of the game as I wish to max that system out and yet if that gets reset...

The death scene was really well done, but I don't like the idea of spending the whole game getting to know John (and liking him a lot. He is an ace character), only to have to spend the after game/side quest mopup as Jack.
I like that the real ending is not just given to you, although I personally would have liked to have the option to drag the bastard behind my horse.

Know what you mean about the end. I tried to disarm him 3 times so I could do just that. Turns out you can't, when I eventually managed it I 'failed' the quest for not killing him. Lame. Jack, shooting the dude just ain't creative enough, man! Learn from your mistakes, next time make the bastard feel cold steel and hard dirt! :p

I was expecting that ending bit to be in the next game tbh which is why I didn't go looking for it. Wondering whether they will do a sequel now though, a prequel might be better (with co-op?). It'd be awesome to run in Dutch's gang! Or maybe a game/DLC detailing the events of the three years between John's death and Jack's return? That could be good :D

My final score for the game is 8.5/10. Really good game, but there's room for improvement. Still one of the best titles of this generation though, top 5 for me no bother! Might even be one of my favourites of all time, can't decide.

Question for those who beat the game

do the Fame/Honour systems get reset?

Nope.

Edited by McPhee

Just finished it. The whole game was really easy apart from a few bits that were difficult due to the game being retarded. I remember one bit where you had to go into a bank and shoot people before they shot the hostages. It was literally pitch black inside the bank, despite being daytime outside. I couldn't find the way round behind the counter so the hostages kept getting shot.

The lighting almost ruins this game. It's only when it's night time and stormy that it becomes unbearable though.

I'm 99% sure this is a combination of your TV and/or its settings. I've not had a single problem with not being able to see, including that scene...

LOL.

Some proper funny moments there guys, especially Cooky taking 'revenge' on Martinist by shooting his horse dead in the middle of a posse run to the next hideout.

And we totally shut out the opposition in grab bag.

Thanks for the games people.

He stole my horse!!

so I shot him.....then he killed my horse >__>

Also I need to buy a mic

I've got into the habit of lasso'ing them off my horse, hogtie'in them and taking them to the railway. Teach them to nick my horse.

I'm 99% sure this is a combination of your TV and/or its settings. I've not had a single problem with not being able to see, including that scene...

My TV definitely isn't set too dark because the daytime is fine, possibly too bright if anything, so the only thing it can be is the contrast causing clipping in the shadows. It doesn't look too contrasty though and I don't have any problems with other games.

My TV apparently has good black levels (never knew that until I just looked it up. Always assumed it was a bit crap due to being LCD), so it's not the TV losing details in the blacks either.

Apparently quite a few people are also having night/interior problems as well, so it's not just me.

Meh, who cares. I've finished the game now and probably won't go back to it for a while once I've done the stranger missions. It only really effected 2 or so missions anyway.