Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Summer Meetup, innit - Hyde Park, Saturday 18th July. No penguins allowed.

Rummy

My parents wouldn't stop me or anything, they would just ask awkward questions.

Ditto, mine are exactly the same. They even go as far as asking for numbers of said persons i am meeting. Well, they used to do that to me but as i don't go anywhere special they don't ask.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha - yeah, the spot we picked was fairly arbitrary! We basically went for a hill-side with a tree for the optionable shade. No doubt nostalgia will persuade our steps to tread towards the same spot, but there's nothing concrete there until the day in question.

Just make sure that if you're turning up on the "main day" that you have someone's mobile number. Not everyone could find the spot immediately, but general landmarks help guidance for everyone. Me and ReZ ran off to find Twozzok and Roadkill on the bridge, while ReZ himself found about six of us running down a hill towards him as he walked along the serpentine.

GOOD TIMES!

yes, epic lols indeed.

that all sounds like a fantastic waste of time/phone credit/dicking about.

why dont we meet at/near the lido cafe?

The Lido Café:

Location: South side of the Serpentine, near the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain.

Tel: +44 (0)20 7706 7098

Email: [email protected]

Web: http://www.companyofcooks.com

Open: 9am-8pm in the summer, 10am-4pm in the winter

With stunning views along The Serpentine and a large alfresco dining area, the Lido is a great place to get refreshed and watch the world go by. The restaurant is licensed for alcohol; facilities include toilets, baby change, high chairs, newspapers, and outdoor seating.

i'm no landscaping expert, but "the cafe next to the diana memorial fountain" is probably gunna be an easier landmark to find than "a tree with shade next to a hill."

that way we'd all be meeting up in one spot instead of little groups randomly finding each other.

sorry, but reading through the thread i couldnt find the few details i tend to solidify first when planning to meet up with people.

....when and where.

"saturday" is pretty long and "hyde park" is pretty big.

and shouldnt someone be wearing a scarf to be recognized by? *nods*

AWildUggaAppeared.png

lol... Those of us who stayed over actually went to that café for a while, waiting for other people, but the main thing is; at what point do you stop waiting at a meeting place and begin the drinking/playing/funsies/etc?

Where we were situated last time, basically, was within eyesight of the path right next to the serpentine. People would walk along the "river" and they'd spot us/we'd spot them and it worked a treat.

"midday" is a bit more specific, non?

And how is this not recognisable?

n1191471477_74026_4827.jpg

Seriously; just ensure you have the number of someone staying friday night, you'll find the people with no worries at all.

Shhhhhhh ashley ¬_¬ There were, like, 20 people that met up in the park last year. Nobody went to hyde park and failed to find us.

I've met up with people from my mate's forum and they spent four hours waiting around at the meeting place before actually going anywhere that they can chill out at.

Word, I say we meet at the same place, but

A) Put a map on here

and

B) Make sure everyone has someone elses phone number

:)

I'm gonna make sure my cam corder doesn't run out of juice this time. We'll film a movie N-Europe the movie or something. I'm accepting script submissions now.

I'm gonna make sure my cam corder doesn't run out of juice this time. We'll film a movie N-Europe the movie or something. I'm accepting script submissions now.

You're filming? Ah shucks, I gotta watch some paint dry that day :heh:

eesh. rez/jay/SOMEBODY decide on a specific place and time. use photoshop magics to put an

X

on a map (indiana jones style or nothing!) and i can PM my mobile number to anyone who wants it ~ i live nearclose so i'll be there on time :smile:

i just want solid details i could make a poster out of!

:heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!