Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss 2009

ReZourceman

I know this is your problem, but I can't help feeling incredibly large compared to you, if your striving to be 9st, then it makes me feel as though I should be striving for lower too.

I hate how people can have such an affect on how you should see your body, for instance I know Serebii has no intention of making anybody feel fat, but because of the way the mind works I suddenly do feel the next to start exercising.

I hope this kinda crap goes away soon tbh.

As it is I've been using ea sports active, it was actually more for a laugh than as serious exercise to lose weight, but I've realised its incredibly hard! Like using an actual trainer at a gym, I'd go as far as to say that using the cardio on ea sports active that I'm getting a better workout than the gym!

Its actually really surprising. I've been eating less..alot less than I used to as well, drinking more instead which helps.

My issues I have aren't weight loss, but I find I'm incredibly upset with my teeth, I do the same as everybody else, I drink fizzy pop, I drink alcohol, I drink tea, all which are very staining, I brush my teeth 2/3 a day, I drink water, etc. But I just see a decay rather than healthy balance, bleh. :sad:

I apologise if that makes you feel that way, I truely do. However, there is a reason I myself am so paranoid about it and am constantly wanting to get it lower... Don't hold your plans to me, I am not someone you should do that with. I have issues.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologise if that makes you feel that way, I truely do. However, there is a reason I myself am so paranoid about it and am constantly wanting to get it lower... Don't hold your plans to me, I am not someone you should do that with. I have issues.

Oh you shouldn't have to apologise at all! Its my insane ramblings about how pressure comes from every corner some without meaning to, others more so.

Oh you shouldn't have to apologise at all! Its my insane ramblings about how pressure comes from every corner some without meaning to, others more so.

I've said it before and I'll say it again (in a non creepy way), you look perfect the way you are! So quit worrying, pretty lady ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again (in a non creepy way), you look perfect the way you are! So quit worrying, pretty lady ;)

I'm a woman, this is what I dooooo. But yes I honestly worry alot less than say a year ago, I just have my off days like everybody else.

I'm still incredibly unfit mind, even with all these hills in sheffield.

My issues I have aren't weight loss, but I find I'm incredibly upset with my teeth, I do the same as everybody else, I drink fizzy pop, I drink alcohol, I drink tea, all which are very staining, I brush my teeth 2/3 a day, I drink water, etc. But I just see a decay rather than healthy balance, bleh. :sad:

I had a good chat with the dentist when I had my regular check-up a few weeks ago.

- My teeth are a bit stained in colour, but that's more down to the ammount of tea I drink (I don't smoke, or drink much alcohol),

but one thing is you shouldn't really use whitening toothpaste (despite what all the adverts say), it's mildly abrasive and wil actually wear the enamel away to make them whiter. The best thing to do is to save up to have them bleeched at the dentist, which is quite a large payment of £300 or something... but lasts ages.

- She also said if you like eating sugary things (sweets, biscuits etc...) it's actually better to eat say a bag of sweets in one sitting, than to have say 3 sweets every couple of hours.

This made me take note of the 3 bourbon biscuits or jaffa cakes I have with pretty much every cup of tea... but I still do it mind!

Anyways wolfy... (scrap most of the lyrics... you get the point!)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Edited by Retro_Link

I don't like my teeth either, my bottom set are a bit crooked. To have braces and get them straightened is gonna cost about 2 grand.

Something I'm not looking forward to paying.

Edited by Caris

I had braces when I was younger. It was the worst thing I've ever had the mispleasure of experiencing. Everything about them hurt. The cutting of my cheeks/lips and the pain for a week after having them tightened. Wouldn't have them again unless my teeth were impractically bad.

Well at the cost of 2 grand shouldn't that be in the range of the invisible ones that are like some clear plastic that goes around your teeth.

Although I guess the price has rocketed up since I last hear about it http://www.invisalign.com/generalapp/gb/en/index.html

I don't regret having braces, I guess I only with getting them sooner than 15. But I'd say it was still worth it in the long run.

Well at the cost of 2 grand shouldn't that be in the range of the invisible ones that are like some clear plastic that goes around your teeth.

Although I guess the price has rocketed up since I last hear about it http://www.invisalign.com/generalapp/gb/en/index.html

I don't regret having braces, I guess I only with getting them sooner than 15. But I'd say it was still worth it in the long run.

3k privately according to my sister who is a dental nurse.

I had braces when I was younger. It was the worst thing I've ever had the mispleasure of experiencing. Everything about them hurt. The cutting of my cheeks/lips and the pain for a week after having them tightened. Wouldn't have them again unless my teeth were impractically bad.

I too suffered at the merciless hands of braces - it was probably worth it in the end but by God was it awful at the time!

So, how is de Weight Loss going, suckers?

I'm knackered from the gym, agaaaain. Although, there is this one kid there who is doing my head in a little at the moment. Basically, the gym is on two floors, where the majority of treadmills, cross-trainers, weight machines and bench pressing stuff is. So, it's the main floor, and it's pretty big. Now, downstairs, there is an area with loads of dumbells and barbells, and a huge mirror so you can see what you're doing. Now, this is in use 95% of the time, and there isn't much privacy, so I don't use this too much.

Upstairs is a lot quieter, but a lot smaller. Basically, it's one biggish room with a few treadmills, rowing machines, cross-trainers, exercise bikes and a few other weight lifting machines. And, there's also another mirror with weights next to it. So, I use this one whenever I want to use hand-weights, because it's generally a lot quieter, and I fell like I'm less in the way there.

So, when I start my workout, I hit the treadmill, then spend a lot of time downstairs using the machines, then come back upstairs to use the handweights. I split my time between the two floors.

Now, there's a skinny asian kid who also goes to this gym, and he's been going for as long as I have. When I started going, he was already there, and he was probably there for some time before I was. So, one day, I'm randomly using the hand-weights, and he tells me that I should use the machines downstairs if I want to get bigger. I thought to myself...what? and then took another look at him. He's been going very regularly, yet he hasn't even moved up even slightly when using weights. Then he said "Leave all the smaller weights to me!" and I chuckled a little.

Then, today, I was using the Seated Chess Press and he was using a machine which helped with leg raises. Now, when it comes to my technique, I make sure that I get everything spot on. I read the instructions for every machine that I use, and I going over everything in my head to make sure I know exactly what I'm doing. Coming to think of it, it must be pretty funny watching me, heh.

So, I start to do some Chest Pressing, and the guy looks at me (whilst still leg raising) and says that I should be bringing my shoulders back so that my elbows finish/start waaaay behind the pad which your rest your back on. I do a few more chest presses, always conscious of what my movements are, and my technique and motions all seem fine. Each machine has a set of instructions next to it, and it clearly states that the arms/elbows should be finishing in line with pad with which you rest your back on. If the elbows or arms go further back, you risk doing yourself injury and you're using too much of your shoulder and not your chest.

I thought about what he was saying, and then I casually ignored it, haha. I've come home, looked about on the net, and I've watched some video demonstrations which back up what I've been doing.

So in theory super-extending your shoulders behind you, as you lie down? That's definitely not good for you >_<

It's a common thing that people do wrong, I think. I'll try my best to explain it:

So, here's a picture of some guy chest-pressing (Its not me!)

QSS4010.jpg

And, if you look at this next picture:

seated_chest_press1.jpg

You can see that the guy's arms are in-line with the back-pad. The handles are still close to this chest, so it's still strengthening your chest when you push back out. But, what this guy was asking was for the arms to go behind the pad, so that the handles were pretty much on-top of your chest.

Actually, I just realised what you meant. You're thinking of a chest-press when you're down flat on the bench? Exactly the same thing. Putting the arms/shoulders behind you, heh.

I've put 9lbs on since I moved back into my parents house at the start of June. Bad, bad times.

I hate how awful food is so readily available in this house, both my parents are ma-hoosive... :(

Moving back to Leeds in a week and a bit to live in a Student house so I can restrict what I buy properly again.

If I didn't have my bike, I'd be a right porker again now. :sad:

I've gotta start putting more effort into putting on some weight again, I haven't exactly 'stopped' or 'given up' but I'm just not that motivated anymore when I damn well should be :( I'm underweight... and if I was to become seriously ill in this state I don't think I'd rate my chances very well tbh, so I've got to do something about it and I have been but it's not enough.

I'm eating more which is helping but I need to put on muscle mass which is the problem but I'm still gonna give it a go, I need to... I can't afford to just give up, not that I was ever going to but yeah just a little disheartened atm is all but it's my own fault, must... try... harder! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Good foods are foods that are rich in water content, fiber, proteins and simple soluble carbohydrates seen in the form of organic fruits and vegetables. These foods help you burn body fat fast by keeping the metabolism rate in check and at the same time by keeping you full for longer. In contrast to these good foods, bad foods like fast foods that are rich in sugar and fats cause reason for worry as they do nothing but keep u full temporarily.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!