N-Europe

Weight Loss 2009

ReZourceman

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ buttons: "bat wings" are pretty much the curse of any woman whose weight has changed at all :P

Backwards bench presses. Sit on the floor with a bench behind you. Put your hands on bench, and pull yourself up using your arms.

also if you hold your arms straight out to each side and move them in circular motions, start going clockwise then changing to anticlockwise, changing each time after 6 or so reps.

This! It has actually been designed by nutritionists, and doctors. They ask you a few questions to calculate your allowance.

How active your job is: because more movement = more energy burned

How old you are: as you use less energy the older you are apparently

How much you weigh: because fatter people carry more weight thus burn more energy.

Male/Female: males need more points than females (i think there's a 6 point difference!)

Height too: either less than or greater than 5ft4.

I get nothing for my job, 3 for being female, 4 for being between 21 and 35,2 for my height, and the number of stones I am (18). Someone in my shoes with a healthy BMI should be using between 18-22.

I dunno, I've been feeling quite sick and headachey a lot lately, my blood sugars are borderline low (4.7 post meal) which is giving me migraine after migraine.

Its stupid because I'm being stupid and can't break myself out of good (yet bad) habits.

Woo.

You are supposed to weigh yourself on a flat surface like tiles or wood to get the best reading. Also your weight fluctuates during the day. Best taken early morning after you've been to the toilet. That's the most accurate time cause its the only time during the day that your tum is completely empty!

You should see your doctor, or a staff member who knws wbout this stuff. See if they can tell you whats wrong.

On another note: I hate not working, it was the only thing that motivated me to actually move. Ive put a stone on since i stopped working, and i cant motivate my self to get it off :(

You should see your doctor, or a staff member who knws wbout this stuff. See if they can tell you whats wrong.

On another note: I hate not working, it was the only thing that motivated me to actually move. Ive put a stone on since i stopped working, and i cant motivate my self to get it off :(

Its most likely the meds that are doing this. My doc said I'd be lucky if I could keep the weight static, not to mention losing weight. And the fact that my immune system and metabolism is probably a bit wonky compared to everyone elses. I could make a ton of effort one week and put on weight, and make next to no effort and lose 4lbs. I don't think i've ever managed to maintain my weight from one week to the next. Could be difficult if I ever manage to get near a healthy weight.

Bah humbug.

And also, the last time I was dieting, I was also smoking. It's a whole lot easier dieting when you smoke, because your body tends to crave nicotine more than food. (in my experience)

And the whole eating out of boredom thing is somewhat eliminated, woulda had a cuppa and a fag at break rather than sitting and eating.

Saying that I'd never go back to the fags. Been off em since Jan 2008. :smile:

Edited by Raining_again

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here before but I came across a really good website.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

Pretty much a route planner; tells you the distance, how many calories you'll lose depending on your weight, change between a cycling route or a running/walking route.

Save them and share with friends in your area, or plot out routes, for if you go on holiday, you could follow. I say that's quite a good idea just thinking of it.

That website is awesome. Here is my usual route (Actual start/finish point removed, you weird stalkers. Actual route is just over 11 miles). I used to bike it daily, but it was too hard on my knees so I reduced it to every other day. I haven't been keeping up with it lately due to my fractured wrist. I have started biking to work now so I'm hoping to get further bike rides in on my days off.

Apparently that burns 1409 calories. Is that good? It seems a lot, but I have no idea.

Edited by Goafer

That website is awesome. Here is my usual route (Actual start/finish point removed, you weird stalkers. Actual route is just over 11 miles). I used to bike it daily, but it was too hard on my knees so I reduced it to every other day. I haven't been keeping up with it lately due to my fractured wrist. I have started biking to work now so I'm hoping to get further bike rides in on my days off.

Apparently that burns 1409 calories. Is that good? It seems a lot, but I have no idea.

Thats a lot more than half of your daily allowance so i'd say its pretty decent tbh!

...and thisseem to be a good person to ask this.

what exercises would you do in order to tone up your arms?! cause ive lost quite a bit o weight and my arms are the only things that are still flabbby-ish - and id like to not wear a jacket all summer :P

nothing too expensive though :P

I would suggest the following:

Tricep curl

Bicep curl

Bench press too if you want

All low weight, high number of repetitions!

I imagine you probably look great as you are though and Nandos probably loves you exactly how you are so don't overdo anything!

So, I happened to weigh myself on Friday night for the first time in 2-3 weeks. Lost weight. :wtf: And a good 7/8 lbs worth of it too. Where'd it go? I have no idea. I've not been trying to lose weight at all cos as I said before, I was happy enough floating around the 12 stone mark. Now I'm 11st 3ish and... yesterday I binged after lunch with some cake, Licorice Allsorts and... those Cadbury's Clusters. Ate some fried food on Saturday too like. Weighed myself again last night to see if there had been even a slight weight gain after that and lo and behold the scales said I was a half pound lighter still. Lol.

The only thing I can think of is that I had periods of being busy on Wed-Fri at work so I guess I had less time to drink, so that would mean I would be carrying less water. Even at that, I wouldn't think drink half a stone of water on a daily basis, lol!

Not that I'm obsessed or anything. :heh: I just weigh myself now and again out of interest. I wouldn't have known I'd lost any weight otherwise as its not visible. Need moar lazing about snacking and gaming.

So, I happened to weigh myself on Friday night for the first time in 2-3 weeks. Lost weight. :wtf: And a good 7/8 lbs worth of it too. Where'd it go? I have no idea. I've not been trying to lose weight at all cos as I said before, I was happy enough floating around the 12 stone mark. Now I'm 11st 3ish and... yesterday I binged after lunch with some cake, Licorice Allsorts and... those Cadbury's Clusters. Ate some fried food on Saturday too like. Weighed myself again last night to see if there had been even a slight weight gain after that and lo and behold the scales said I was a half pound lighter still. Lol.

The only thing I can think of is that I had periods of being busy on Wed-Fri at work so I guess I had less time to drink, so that would mean I would be carrying less water. Even at that, I wouldn't think drink half a stone of water on a daily basis, lol!

Not that I'm obsessed or anything. :heh: I just weigh myself now and again out of interest. I wouldn't have known I'd lost any weight otherwise as its not visible. Need moar lazing about snacking and gaming.

How tall are you, white chocolate? You pleased to have lost the weight?

I'm now 11 stone 9, which is around 74 kilos. The last time I visited Ine, in April, I believe I was around 65, although I don't think I was in great shape around then.

Definitely getting in better shape now. Stomach isn't the best, but it's looking better than it has been for about 2 years or so. Trying to drink more water to keep my hydrated, and some more fruit and veg.

Managed to break my bike in a place that is impossible to break, and now I've broken my dad's bike so I'm stuck with doing jogging. Decided that I'm not going to eat any of the crap that is lying around the office because all they ever seem to do is eat cake, biscuits and fatty sandwiches. Second Halfords is having a sale I'm getting a new two wheeler.

Finally weighed myself after getting back from uni. Without even trying I've gained weight (a good thing). It's probably bad weight (not muscle) but I've gained a good 12 pounds from somewhere. It feels weird being above 8 1/2 st :)

I've also started doing this http://hundredpushups.com/ just to see how far I can get, I've managed 10 pressup (never been able to do more then 3 :D)

Finally weighed myself after getting back from uni. Without even trying I've gained weight (a good thing). It's probably bad weight (not muscle) but I've gained a good 12 pounds from somewhere. It feels weird being above 8 1/2 st :)

I've also started doing this http://hundredpushups.com/ just to see how far I can get, I've managed 10 pressup (never been able to do more then 3 :D)

From that site:

No doubt some of you can already do 50 consecutive push ups, but let's face it, you're in a big minority.

I could do that (and did daily) before I did my wrist in. I'm so proud. When I started doing press ups, 20 was indeed difficult though.

Edit: Just checked, I can still do 20 fairly easily. Although it was a bit awkward since I can't bend my right wrist back, so I had to do them with my right hand on it's finger tips or with a clenched fist.

Edited by Goafer

It may be a beer belly, haha. I gained weight over Christmas the year before last, but that's really because I started eating properly. Well, I was pretty damn underweight before then! Only 9 stone and a half. Two stone heavier now.

I'm gonna start doing press-ups more regularly. Did 40 consecutive tonight, and only really stopped because it was fucking hot in the house. So, gonna try and reach 50 tomorrow, and on from there. I wanna be in the minority, haha.

Also, Buttons of Magic, that's awesome. Well done. :) Its amazing what will-power and determination can do.

Congrats again Raining! :D you're doing really well. :)

I gained weight over Christmas the year before last, but that's really because I started eating properly. Well, I was pretty damn underweight before then! Only 9 stone and a half. Two stone heavier now.

Fliiiiinkeh! what's your secret? I've known that I'm underweight for quite a while now and I know that I need to do something about eet, got any tips on how I could increase my weight so that it's more in line with my height? last time I checked my BMI it said that I was about a stone underweight... :/

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost