Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe Mini Me(et) Winter, St. Albans, 22nd December

ReZourceman

Ugh, wanted to go to this. Oh well, I went to visit my girlfriend and then she came for a return visit and decided to stay a night longer, so she didn't head off until 1:00 this afternoon. Poor excuse I know. If there are any future events happening in the London area though I will make bigger efforts and bring presents and sherbet.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yus! I have decided to wear this tee to as many meets in the future as possible! You were there in spirit :)

Ugh, wanted to go to this. Oh well, I went to visit my girlfriend and then she came for a return visit and decided to stay a night longer, so she didn't head off until 1:00 this afternoon. Poor excuse I know. If there are any future events happening in the London area though I will make bigger efforts and bring presents and sherbet.

RUBBISH. Rummy turned up at LIEK FIVE PEE EMM. He was legendary in his commitment to the cause.

Was a good laff! We went to the oldest pub in the country for a drink and a baulderdash-or-two. Never played it before - great fun trying to figure out who was more likely to make up what. Then we made our way back towards the station to run into Rummy. We lost Dom to the Subway, but decided to drink ourselves into forgetfulness. Or at last I did, as we hit the Robin Hood (with hot barstaff daaamn).

Supergrunch played me at chess and paper/pen Go (which we need to finish), and Fish left after a drink to leave me, grunch, ReZ and Rummy to talk rubbish about games. I kept pimping Fallout 3. Then we made our 'separate' ways - I shared something like a 25 min wait and a 45 min journey with Rummy where we boiled down to the Serious Business and possibly made fools of ourselves to the rest of the carriage. Eventually I got home around midnight, after an initial scramble to make the train in the morning which, due to 5p, made a friend of mine (with child) miss her train.

It was a mellow afternoon. Very glad I went. Very surprised more and more people wussed out. Bring on Easter!

N-E meet in mainland Europe someday, please? =(

This. I appreciate it would be more troublesome for a lot of the UK people, but this is N-Europe, so it would be nice if those on the mainland could participate more easily.

(And on the more selfish side of things, sitting around in a pub doesn't appeal to me in the slightest.)

I think a Wales meet-up would be awesome.

No? I'll grab my coat.

Maybe we should all meet somewhere neutral. Like Fiji. No-one from here is from Fiji, so everybody loses. See, equality for all!

How about Bologne? It's a lovely little town, and, location-wise, is close to the Low Countries, where several N-Eers come from, and is very easy for those who can travel around Great Britain to get to - hop on the SeaCat at Calais as a foot passanger, and you're there in just under 45 minutes.

How about Bologne? It's a lovely little town, and, location-wise, is close to the Low Countries, where several N-Eers come from, and is very easy for those who can travel around Great Britain to get to - hop on the SeaCat at Calais as a foot passanger, and you're there in just under 45 minutes.

What's there to do though? Anything special/nice? Cause it has to be worth the trip I think.

Also thought you meant Bologna (Italy) for a second, where I'll be going in March, to visit this big Children's Bookfair.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!