Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

MUSIC WARZ! Match 11

Paj!

RULES;

Basically, 63 (and one randomly chosen song) tracks have been nominated by our forum members to go head to head against one another.

All matches have been ranomly decided using a number randomizer thingie, sp it's fair.

1. Before voting for which song you choose, you MUST listen to both songs in FULL. If you see a band you love against an unknown, that is not an excuse to instantly vote for that band. Another point of this whole game is to expose new music to people. Base it truthfully on your favourite, not on who you THINK'll be your favourite.

2. No flaming, not that I imagine there will be.

3. If all 3 of your choices are knocked out, please continue to post! You agreed to do so by nominating. Plus it's good for expanding musical horizons.

4. have fun, it's a game blah blah JUST VOTE.

5. ATM, i'm going at 2 threads created a day, one closed a day. Or actually just 1 open, 1 closed. Whatever.

-----

MATCH 11

Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus

Original Prankster - The Offspring

-----

Match 1: Led Zeppelin vs. Train

Match 2: Faith No More vs. Oasis

Match 3: Sigur Ros vs. Foreign Beggars

Match 4: Maximum The Hormone vs. Santana

Match 5: Avril Lavigne vs. Lady GaGa

Match 6: Radiohead vs. Polysics

Match 7: Jeff Buckley vs. Kings Of Leon

Match 8: Lamb vs. Iron Maiden

Match 9:

Hmmm.... Didn't really like that Bauhaus song but then again, Original Prankster isn't exactly a great one either. But I'm going to have to vote for The Offspring even though they have far better songs and OP annoys me. The Bauhaus song just went on a bit too long and went downhill fast when the singing kicked in.

Tough choice, I do like Bauhaus, and Belo Lugosi's dead is a classic, but because of my depression it just doesn't do it for me any more, I need something more cheerful and lively, so I'm voting for the Offspring, besides, it had a dog shit sandwich in the video.

Bela Lugosi's Dead, absolutely no contest whatsoever. I love how it's going to loose to Original Prankster, just goes to show the stuff this forum's made off. For christ's sake, it's a seminal gothic rock track that pretty much made the genre what it is! It's one of the best songs from the glorious 70s (and that's saying A LOT), and people are choosing Original Prankster... a stale pop-punk song by a once great band. Seriously, shame on you N-Ers, shame on you!

This reminds me why I didn't even nominate any songs... my 3 would've lost against crap...

Whoa I haven't heard Original Prankster in yeeears! The other one made me check my pulse to see if I hadn't died of boredom.

LOL at all the comments on this song.

Genuinely thought I had died at one point.

Original Prankster of course. Its just a fun and up beat song and theres nothing wrong with that.

Music is all about individuality, and some peoples opinions of superiority and "this is better, fact" are abit/crazily annoying. Ahem.

Bela Lugosi's Dead, absolutely no contest whatsoever. I love how it's going to loose to Original Prankster, just goes to show the stuff this forum's made off. For christ's sake, it's a seminal gothic rock track that pretty much made the genre what it is! It's one of the best songs from the glorious 70s (and that's saying A LOT), and people are choosing Original Prankster... a stale pop-punk song by a once great band. Seriously, shame on you N-Ers, shame on you!

This reminds me why I didn't even nominate any songs... my 3 would've lost against crap...

Wikipedia reference-linkOpinion. Check it.

Wikipedia reference-linkOpinion. Check it.

Yeah, but sometimes you can tell/know when a song is better than another song.

Enjoyment of said song is different. If Bela Lugosi had been against...erm..Disturbia by Rihanna or something, I'd probably vote Rihanna, as that is a ridiculously infectious, fun song I loved. Doesn't make it better than Bauhaus.