N-Europe

Boy Dies From Excessive Deodorant Use

Dante

Deodorants are a bit of a waste as the sweat still comes out and can look unsightly. I use an antiperspirant that clogs up the pores nicely so that the sweat has less chance of appearing. I buy Mitchum and prefer the lady smells - powder fresh being my favourite, rather than the manly sport active rugged smells.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember once when I was in school ( I don't know why I did this ) I gave myself a freeze-burn with a deoderant >> I know it was stupid but at the time it made sense lols it made this kind of mark which then kind of bubbled :S it was quite painful after a while and it felt liquidy to the touch so one day I just popped it and what looked like deoderant came out of it but in liquid form, I never did it again and I wouldn't recommend it.

Also I have know Idea why I am sharing this, just seemed topical is all... :blank:

I remember once when I was in school ( I don't know why I did this ) I gave myself a freeze-burn with a deoderant >> I know it was stupid but at the time it made sense lols it made this kind of mark which then kind of bubbled :S it was quite painful after a while and it felt liquidy to the touch so one day I just popped it and what looked like deoderant came out of it but in liquid form, I never did it again and I wouldn't recommend it.

Also I have know Idea why I am sharing this, just seemed topical is all... :blank:

Careful, that's the industry's best-kept secret on how they manufacture the stuff.

Careful, that's the industry's best-kept secret on how they manufacture the stuff.

Lols it wouldn't surprise me if that was true actually... :heh:

with regards to the thread title though, t'is sad that the kid died but damn, he should know that anti-perspirants need to be used with care, what he did was effectively solvent abuse, albeit unintentional. :/

A nice Darkplace quote for us here.

"When you use anti-perspirant it clogs up your pores. If you clog up your pores, you're going to sweat elsewhere - on your tongue, under your ears, on your forehead. And if you block all those areas up with anti-perspirant you're going to get a breath problem. That's just fact, that's scientific fact. And if you block up everything you're going to sweat inside. And get cancer."

Heed those words.

It's really funny seeing the initial replys laughing at this. Honest. He was Goddamn 12. Even if he was doing it for pure vanity, and thus it's "his fault", he's 12. I think you could forgive a 12 year old for some vanity.

You should already be used to this on the internet. Secondly, it's the sheer stupidity of it. It's not the fact he was vain, or the fact he was 12(though I'm sure I knew better at 12 too). It's the fact he managed to used so much to kill himself, and also the fact he managed to do it having already nearly killed himself before under the same circumstance. I'm not saying we should all be pointing fingers and laughing at a poor dead child, I'm just saying that's why people are.

You may not appreciate, but I'll point you in the direction of the Darwin Awards.

http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

I hope a lot of chavs see this article. I really can barely stand the smell of spray deodorant, I've always just used the stick kind.

Some of them smell rather nice, you just have to look for them. I use lynx from time to time, basically I'll use anything I can get my hands on. I don't care what the first thing I grab in the shop is, as long as it's deodorant, I couldn't give a toss.

But people that spray it all over themselves and their clothes, need to either get a life, or you know, wash more.

It's quite a sad story, but since he already collapsed from it once it would have been a warning to him not to excessively spray. I also disapprove to those who spray it all over their clothes - it's not perfume!

As for me I currently use one of Gilette's ones. It's does its job so I am satisified. I have also used Right Guard which I quite like, I generally buy the ones that have special offers on deodorant/antiperspirant.

My logic is not enough of them use it so much that they will kill themselves, however most of them are stupid enough to think this article means anyone who wears too much deodorant will die. So they'll stop using so much of it. Though it they do die, all the better.