Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

If anyone got a new Wii please pm me your wii code to get you on the internet so you and I can get free wii points.

Good luck.

In other news, I got a game bounty through the post today:

New Super Mario Brothers

Little King's Story

Boom Blox Bash

Let's Tap

And I've just ordered Dead Space....need to get me some playing done!!

Anyone who wants a Black Wii GAME are selling them for £150 for this weekend only ( with Wii Sports Resort & Wii Sports ) or £180 with Super Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros. and both Wii Sports. Im not sure if its instore aswell but its on their website.

EDIT: I popped down to the Metro Centre and I couldn't see the offer. I did snap up Cursed Mountain and The Conduit: SE for £30 ( BOGOF ) and Another Code for £30. It took me ages to find Another Code though, I had to search through tripe like Ninjabread Man and Mini Game Collection 5000 to even find a copy. :angry:

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Anyone who wants a Black Wii GAME are selling them for £150 for this weekend only ( with Wii Sports Resort & Wii Sports ) or £180 with Super Smash Bros, New Super Mario Bros. and both Wii Sports. Im not sure if its instore aswell but its on their website.

EDIT: I popped down to the Metro Centre and I couldn't see the offer. I did snap up Cursed Mountain and The Conduit: SE for £30 ( BOGOF ) and Another Code for £30. It took me ages to find Another Code though, I had to search through tripe like Ninjabread Man and Mini Game Collection 5000 to even find a copy. :angry:

Ae these pre-owned or new BOGOF?

Guest Captain Falcon
The only ones I remember are the second BoomBlox game and Mad Dog McCree. I only remember them as I was was toying with picking them up aswell. Yes I know Mad Dog is a terrible game but I want it for nostalgic purposes as I used to play it as a kid in Blackpool arcades when I was on my holidays. :D

Is that the nostalgia of playing an crappy old game from your childhood or the nostalgia of wasting your money on crappy games much like you also would have done when young?

Long Post

Really, when I've been saying Wii HD for the last few years, I've mean Nintendo's next console, not a Wii that can render current Wii games in 720p. That would really be pointless with an all new console probably coming out in a couple years, although, Wii games look a lot better when rendered in 720p than they do in 480p IMO.

Really, when I've been saying Wii HD for the last few years, I've mean Nintendo's next console, not a Wii that can render current Wii games in 720p. That would really be pointless with an all new console probably coming out in a couple years, although, Wii games look a lot better when rendered in 720p than they do in 480p IMO.

Every time I see people talking about a Wii HD I always think they want an update like with the DS to DS Lite. Not a next gen leap, but just the same Wii with HD functionality bunged in.

Quoted for Truth.

Read this on Digitalspy, apparently its from EDGE

Miyamoto: 'Nintendo wouldn't hire me'

Veteran Nintendo developer Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the firm would most probably not hire him today due to its high qualification bar for all new employees.

After joining Nintendo in 1977, Miyamoto went on to play a pivotal role in the creation of acclaimed video games in the Mario and Legend of Zelda franchises.

However, he told Edge that the lower status of his own educational qualifications would likely prevent him from being accepted by the company if he applied today.

"Nintendo has become one of those companies that graduates from colleges and good universities really want to work for," Miyamoto said.

"Because of that, the competition's really become so fierce for positions. And that means that a lot of the recent recruits for Nintendo have tended to have the higher degree from the prestigious colleges and universities and whatnot.

"I often say to [Nintendo president] Mr [saturo] Iwata, 'If I was applying for a job here today, I, with my actual college degree, would probably not have been employed by Nintendo'."

Despite flagging up the issue, Miyamoto stressed that he always tries to look beyond educational grades when hiring people for his own development teams.

"I might pick up on [candidates] and try to find out something really different within them which you can't judge just by a college degree," he explained. "That's one of the special little jobs I set myself."