Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Aight, sorry bud :heh:

You know I was joking right? :)

sure sure :)

Reminds me though I need more wiimotes..

I get a feeling you don't believe my reasoning? :) True...would also buy Captain Rainbow, Fatal Frame and a few other JPN only releases...

I love Drum Master and the Wii Version looks awesome! Definitely worth spunking £170 on another Wii for it...

I want a casual game that I can play with music on in the background that isn't like an adventure or anything.

I have decided between the original Boom Blox (to save money) or De Blob. Anyone have either? Some recommendations would be helpful thanks!

I want a casual game that I can play with music on in the background that isn't like an adventure or anything.

I have decided between the original Boom Blox (to save money) or De Blob. Anyone have either? Some recommendations would be helpful thanks!

I own both of them and I would go with Boom Blox. Its such a nice pick up and play game and its also a solid single player experience with plenty of gold medals to be earned, thats if your into that kinda thing. :)

I've got/had both and while de Blob great, you'll end up spending an hour in the levels because it just draws you in so much. You could play it with music on in the background but de Blob is all about the way in which the graphics/gameplay/music blend. For you, Boom Blox is probably the better choice for what you want.

I'm gonna join you on Boom Blox at some point soon, Haden. I'm in the need for something to relax to.

As others have said, de Blob sucks you in. It is something you can relax to, but...it takes up so much of your time. It's not something you play for 3 minutes. More like 3 hours, I think. Given that when you start a level, you need to continue it. You can't get up and leave or save it. It's a downpoint for some, but for me whenever I play, I want to get everything there and then.

It can be a nuisance but theres numerous other things I'd rather they work on really.

Posted this in the issues thread but gone unnoticed so being cheeky and echoing it here;

I have a Wii in my room and my mother's partner has one in the living room. I am correct in believing the only way I can play my saved data is to physically take mine downstairs and hook it up yes?

Guest Captain Falcon

Posted this in the issues thread but gone unnoticed so being cheeky and echoing it here;

Do you have a SD card to hand?

You can copy it to that and then copy the file to the other Wii - you'll need to play the game first though, so boot up the title in question then exit at the first opportunity.

Once, it's been recorded on you play history, you can (delete the new one if it's been created) then move the file over.

Doesn't work for all games though.

Anyone else think the wii should upgrade their firmware soyou can use GC controlls on the main screen.

I think Nintendo are assuming you have a Wii Remote to hand, and therefore any GC support is unnecessary. How silly of them to think you'd keep that white baton thing packaged with your Wii.

Anyone else think the wii should upgrade their firmware soyou can use GC controlls on the main screen.

They should have had that when the console game out. Its also too bad the way they've set up the GC backwards compatibility that its impossible for them to let you use the classic controller.

I think Nintendo are assuming you have a Wii Remote to hand, and therefore any GC support is unnecessary. How silly of them to think you'd keep that white baton thing packaged with your Wii.

Its silly to make people switch, if their initial intention is to use the GC pad then why should they have to change it?

er aren't you missing the point by a mile?

say you want to play a gamecube game... you put in your gamecube disk and start up your console and pick up your gamecube controller but wait.....you're a wii so of course things would have to be stupid for the sake of being stupid..

you have to go through the menu with a wii-mote... now that IS annoying.. classic controller support should also be included.. It's not a very hard thing to put on and i'm surprised there isn't a homebrew solution yet..

They should have had that when the console game out. Its also too bad the way they've set up the GC backwards compatibility that its impossible for them to let you use the classic controller.

no that would be impossible.. how could that happen? surely the games are already MADE so there can't be any changing them now... the vc games are remakes to an extend whereas gamecube games are still the same games you used 4 to 5 years ago.

If you're talking about controlling the Wii Menu with a Classic controller, you can already do that.

--------------------

I know it would be impossible the way they've set it up, that's what I was saying, and there wouldn't be any way of fixing it now either. But when they first designed the console, there probably would have been a way of tricking the Wii when in gamecube mode to thinking that the classic controller was just a GC controller. I mean the original Wii development kit was just a Wii remote that plugged into a gamecube, so there must be some similarities between the two on the way hardware sees them. Although, there's probably a good reason they did the GC backwards compatibility the way they did.

Guest Captain Falcon
Wait, America isn't getting Another Code: R?

Not yet it seems.

They've also yet to get Disaster. They again Excitebots doesn't look good for Europe at the moment, so it goes both ways.

Not yet it seems.

They've also yet to get Disaster. They again Excitebots doesn't look good for Europe at the moment, so it goes both ways.

Well judging by Excitebots review scores, we aren't missing much.

Well judging by Excitebots review scores, we aren't missing much.

I haven't played it yet, but from many people who have the impressions have been very positive. I'm guessing it only go low review scores because its a) a Wii game, and b) looks like its for kids. Its not at the top of my to buy list as there's just so much else right now, but if I see it on sale or something I might just buy it.