NEurope

I'm considering slipping one of my remotes into a jacket now.. I guess I'm gonna have to get a feel for it :hmm: I find it gives me less grip though :sad:

I read an article the other day about Nintendo wanting to get more Wii owners online. New services, ideas etc.

Sinobi: Japan Sales

Hardware:

Dsi 35k

PSP 30k

Wii 13k

PS3 9k

DSL 4k

360 4k

Consoles sales are dying in Japan.

Edit: This could be the reason:

Japan, which has seen a recent jump in swine flu cases, has been closing schools in Hyogo and Osaka prefectures at the request of the government.
Edited by Dante

First time in the 360's japanese historys that it's matched the DSLites sales?

I read an article the other day about Nintendo wanting to get more Wii owners online. New services, ideas etc.

Reggie said in an interview with GTTV that he doesn't like friend codes and wants to make Wifi Connection more like Xbox Live.

^ that's the big problem with Nintendo at the moment in relation to their online strategy. Iwata wants it as it is because it prevents any form of disturbing child molestation/grooming/whatever from happening and it's far from ideal. They shouldn't be in this mind frame. They should be thinking about the best possible way for them to offer their online interactions in games and the way that would be the best way to do it and Reggie is completely right in thinking that the WiFi Connection should be more like XBL. There's sufficient parental control on that that would make it feasible if Nintendo were to create a reciprocal system. But it's pointless really going into it, for now at least. FCs are here to stay at least for this generation. It'll be interesting to see what and how they go about implementing a much better set up on their next console.

After hearing you guys on Animal Crossing (with my sister walking in whilst Dazzybee was promising inappropriate things involving various in-game animals once) I don't blame Iwata for fearing for his daughter's safety online. :heh:

Sinobi: Japan Sales

Hardware:

Dsi 35k

PSP 30k

Wii 13k

PS3 9k

DSL 4k

360 4k

Consoles sales are dying in Japan.

Edit: This could be the reason:

Console says have, in your opinion, been dying because of swine flu which is something which results in quarantining? I don't see how the dots connect personally.

After hearing you guys on Animal Crossing (with my sister walking in whilst Dazzybee was promising inappropriate things involving various in-game animals once) I don't blame Iwata for fearing for his daughter's safety online. :heh:

Huh!?! What have I done now?!?!

Well maybe if Nintendo did headsets rather than Wii Speak she wouldn't have heard!!

PS Nowt wrong with a bit of bestiality!!

I would LOVE nintendo to get rid of the friend code system (surely this is IMPOSSIBLE for the Wii now?) and have it always online (wiiConnect24 anyone!) so we can see our friends online and offer games etc through the homepage!! The only thing missing for me on the Wii.

I wonder how many people have actually been lured by Pedophiles on XBL. I've only heard of it happening once, and in that case it was the parents fault really.

Wouldn't it be ironic if someone kidnapped Iwata's daughter and forced him to get rid of friend codes in exchange for her safe return.

I wonder how many people have actually been lured by Pedophiles on XBL. I've only heard of it happening once, and in that case it was the parents fault really.

Wouldn't it be ironic if someone kidnapped Iwata's daughter and forced him to get rid of friend codes in exchange for her safe return.

That wouldn't be ironic. It would be ironic if someone kidnapped his daughter and fucked her because she liked the way his voice sounded through the distortion of Wii Speak!

That wouldn't be ironic. It would be ironic if someone kidnapped his daughter and fucked her because she liked the way his voice sounded through the distortion of Wii Speak!

The reason it would be ironic, is that him having a daughter is the reason friend codes ever existed. He actually said that in an interview.

Yeah I know, but the irony is loose. In that situation it's someone just trying to get rid of friend codes. But the irony should be that what he imposes, results in the opposite effect... Yours 'sort of' does, but the result is more about just getting rid of friend codes n the first place...

Dazzybee. You're one sick man.

Hey, I was just saying....

Friendcodes just don't work. How many people here have exchanged codes with a virtual stranger? There's nothing, absolutely nothing, stopping Gary Glitter from successfully grooming. Iwata is stupid for thinking otherwise. The only thing they do is remove the convenience of adding people (and that fucks us gamers off); it provides no added security, just makes it slightly less convenient for a pervert (i'm sure they can live with adding several codes to their systems, but of course, us gamers can't).

The fact is that there are better, more secure ways of managing the online component of Wii. For instance, my prefered option, is to charge a small, monthly fee to - debit or credit - cards; the security checks these ensure Nintendo will have a decent paper trail to help authorities should anything untoward be reported.

By asking for a small payment- even as little as £1, €1, $1, Â¥1,000,000, Nintendo can also enforce clearer terms and conditions to online use- 'by making this subscription you're responsible for the online activities of all who use your Wii- Nintendo take no responsibility of yours or other users Online activity and strongly suggest children play online only with the Supervision of parents and take no responsibility if your kid ends up buggered or cemented into the walls of a loopy builder'. If the payment details fail, online features with communication are prohibited. Simple.

http://kotaku.com/5264383/the-queen-of-englands-gold+plated-wii

goldwii.jpg

"BIG Family Games is the ultimate Wii game to get all family members, from grandparents to young children, playing together. The Royal Family is arguably the most important family in the country so we felt that they had to have a copy of the new game. But we thought that Her Majesty the Queen wouldn't want to play on any old console, so an extra-special gold one was commissioned. We hope that she and the rest of the Royal Family enjoy the game!"

Hopefully the Queen will toss out the shovel-ware and buy something decent instead. I wonder if THQ gave her the Wii sports disk that came with that console before they modded it.

I'm thinking about buying a Wii at Asda on Saturday.

I've had a Wii in the past and must have bought £40 worth of Virtual Console games. If I link my new Wii with my old Nintendo account, will I be able to download the same games for free? If so, I'm going for the purchase because I miss Kirby!!

Edit: I bet Nintendo will announce a black Wii with extra internal storage at E3...

Edited by Pyxis