NEurope

Hmm, I was leaning towards believing Eenuh... cos she's a girl :heh:... but now you've stated under the oath of Diddy Kong that your remembrance of events is accurate... so I dunno. The jury is out.

Honestly, they don't sell Wii games for under €20 here (I would know, I live here!), especially not new games! And Jim's memory really isn't as good as he makes it out to be, believe me. =P

Honestly, they don't sell Wii games for under €20 here (I would know, I live here!), especially not new games! And Jim's memory really isn't as good as he makes it out to be, believe me. =P

But that's why I remember it so well, because it was unusual that the game was listed sooo cheaply! It bluddy happened! :(

Clearly they changed the sticker, because we were there for ages looking at the game, so they must have been wondering what we were taking so long over.

de Blob, buying two copies - one for me and one for the wife. That's fucking dedication.

Do you not live with her?

But that's why I remember it so well, because it was unusual that the game was listed sooo cheaply! It bluddy happened! :(

Clearly they changed the sticker, because we were there for ages looking at the game, so they must have been wondering what we were taking so long over.

Haha, but €29 already is cheap here! That's why I mentioned it, because it was a lot cheaper than the other games, which could be up to €50 or more! And no they didn't change the sticker. First of all there were at least two De Blob games in there, and both prices were the same. And there was no evidence of a previous sticker having been removed or covered up by the new one.

Your evidence is lacking!

Do you not live with her?

Well, she ain't really the wife, but she is the female in my life. A fife in you will. She also lives in Belgiumland, whilst I'm England..land. So, nah, we're doing the long distance thing.

Haha, but €29 already is cheap here! That's why I mentioned it, because it was a lot cheaper than the other games, which could be up to €50 or more! And no they didn't change the sticker. First of all there were at least two De Blob games in there, and both prices were the same. And there was no evidence of a previous sticker having been removed or covered up by the new one.

Your evidence is lacking!

It was a looot cheaper than 29 the first time around, because I wouldn't have cottoned on to the fact that it was a good price. If I thought 29 was a good price for Belgium, I'd have gone home and shipped the game to you. :heh:

Well, she ain't really the wife, but she is the female in my life. A fife in you will. She also lives in Belgiumland, whilst I'm England..land. So, nah, we're doing the long distance thing.

It was a looot cheaper than 29 the first time around, because I wouldn't have cottoned on to the fact that it was a good price. If I thought 29 was a good price for Belgium, I'd have gone home and shipped the game to you. :heh:

Wtf, fife? That's one of the worst things you've called me so far. =O

And hey, you had no choice! It was my birthday and you needed a present, so you just had to buy it. Or something else for that price. =P

That took the wind out of my sails. I just had this brilliant vision of you and Mrs Link sitting in seperate rooms, playing seperate Wii's.

And hey, you had no choice! It was my birthday and you needed a present, so you just had to buy it. Or something else for that price. =P

Well, you can be a FIML if you want. A female in my life. Haha, that's gonna stick now. You're a fiml. :D

Well, you kept saying "ooooh, Jim, don't worry, I don't mind, blah blah." If I bought you chocolate you'd have been happy, but de Blob was still a mighty good purchase.

That took the wind out of my sails. I just had this brilliant vision of you and Mrs Link sitting in seperate rooms, playing seperate Wii's.

Well, that still applies. We do sit in seperate rooms, playing seperate Wiis.

The only difference is, those two rooms are in...totally different countries. But the rest still works out. A Brilliant Vision Is You!

Surely that's exactly what they are doing... it's just that the rooms are in separate houses as well.

Think yourself lucky, i know someone who calls his girlfriend 'split arse'. Shockingly, he's used this 'affectionate' nick name for pretty much every girlfriend he's ever had.

I'm shocked that your find the term 'fife' horrible, eenuh. It's a region of Scotland within which I live so I'm offended.:weep::heh::laughing:

Think yourself lucky, i know someone who calls his girlfriend 'split arse'. Shockingly, he's used this 'affectionate' nick name for pretty much every girlfriend he's ever had.

I'm shocked that your find the term 'fife' horrible, eenuh. It's a region of Scotland within which I live so I'm offended.:weep::heh::laughing:

I was only taking the piss really. =P

Though I really don't think 'fife' is a very nice/appropriate word to call your girlfriend. There's way nicer words out there! And 'split arse' is not one of them either... >.>;

So. 'Fife'. And once again it is proven what a wonderful educational and creative tool the World Wide Web can be. :D

Haha, but €29 already is cheap here!

Too true, too true.

I'm amazed at the prices I see circulating around on this forum, like for Madworld or Wario Land. That's ridiculous (in a good way)! The cheapest games I see around here are €30, €20 at best, and usually for games that deserve that price (with the odd gem like e.g.Boom Blox)

Not complaining, though. Where are the times we had to pay up to (and sometimes exceeding) 4000 Belgian francs (that's about €100, math-lovers) for a copy of Turok for the N64. Even around the SNES-era, third-party-games were usually priced at around 3200 BF (€80).

Anyhoo, it's sweet to see some :love: on this forum instead of ranting, bashing and general fanboyism.

Edited by Strange Cookie

So, 'fife'. And once again it is proven what a wonderful educational and creative tool the World Wide Web can be. :D

Too true, too true.

I'm amazed at the prices I see circulating around on this forum, like for Madworld or Wario Land. That's ridiculous (in a good way)! The cheapest games I see around here are €30, €20 at best, and usually for games that deserve that price (with the odd gem like e.g.Boom Blox)

Not complaining, though. Where are the times we had to pay up to (and sometimes exceeding) 4000 Belgian francs (that's about €100, math-lovers) for a copy of Turok for the N64. Even around the SNES-era, third-party-games were usually priced at around 3200 BF (€80).

Anyhoo, it's sweet to see some :love: on this forum instead of ranting, bashing and general fanboyism.

Ah, someone to prove me right! =D

€29 for a great game like De Blob (which hadn't been out for long when we got it) is reallllly cheap here. Which is why I seem to buy most of my games online these days, as it ends up being cheaper than being them in stores here. =P

And yeah, I remember the N64 years, those were expensive! Same with the GC really. So it's really not that weird then that I barely have any games for those systems, heh.

Honestly, I don't remember N64 prices, as I bought everything used, and when the Gamecube was coming out (I was late for the party :heh:)

But Gamecube games used to cost 60€ around here. Even used ones were 40€ at best, and I even remember a specific game (Mickey Mouse's Mirror, or something) that had an 80€ price tag (my usual store never sold it. I wonder why :rolleyes:)

Nowadays, Wii games are 40-50 Euros each, which is a good improvement already. Though we still have DS games that also cost 40-50. The only thing below that price was a copy of Portrait of Ruin for 20€ for no reason, at GAME.

When I saw those prices around here, I just assumed it was only the Portuguese videogaming market that was expensive, but after hearing about Belgian prices, I have to assume British/American retailers steal their copies from somewhere else :p

And I gotta agree with Eenuh: "Fife" is not a good name, Flinky. It reminds me of "Fifa" and "Fufa", and they're terrible things to call your woman.

Well we all know a new Pikmin title is on the way. Miyamoto came out and told us all that it'd be coming at last year's E3. But Edge have left a tantalising teaser in their latest issue that must be for a new title in the series. Pic of the teaser at the link below:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=81234

It's still rumour at the moment but I'll have a look out for the latest Edge magazine and see whether it is indeed as it looks.

H (Mickey Mouse's Mirror, or something) .

haha that game was about an hour long and literally clears itself.. also has a turn off mode if your child has been playing too long lol.

Well we all know a new Pikmin title is on the way. Miyamoto came out and told us all that it'd be coming at last year's E3. But Edge have left a tantalising teaser in their latest issue that must be for a new title in the series. Pic of the teaser at the link below:

http://gonintendo.com/?p=81234

It's still rumour at the moment but I'll have a look out for the latest Edge magazine and see whether it is indeed as it looks.

Isn't pikmin 2 coming to new play control soon? I doubt they would reveal such a big game in a magazine. Pikmin would be an E3 announcement if anything. Although, the next magazine may come out after E3...

Yeh but the mag goes on sale two days after Nintendo's E3 conference so it's highly possible that the game could be shown in the mag.

thumb_pikmin_1_2_3_4.jpgpik_1.jpg

Why would Edge, a UK-based magazine, tease Pikmin 2 NPC when it's already out there? If this if Nintendo and Pikmin-related, it's likely to be Pikmin 3.

But looking at those pics... I'm not sure this is Pikmin at all. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Either they know something we don't (officially), or they are speculating.

Edited by Strange Cookie

LOL, I love how stuff like this gets overblown, purple bugger does note equal pikmin.

If I remember correctly, the purple Pikmin were also overweight. If that is a pikmin, It doesn't look fat big enough.

I've been chatting to someone who evoked 'sadness' tonight. Stay tuned.