NEurope

I think you are wrong on both accounts there, Pyxis.. sorry to disappoint you :hmm:

Yeah, seems like it... I know how everything always goes wrong, but I ended up predicting the wrong bad outcome! You can't redownload games on a different console, despite having the same account. Surely I have the right to own those games? I wont bother buying a new Wii just yet... or will I? *slaps himself* No...

The account isn't your account for the Wii Shop channel. Its only "tied" to your Club Nintendo account so you can get stars/coins for your purchases. There's no way to recover the games officially, but who knows, you could try calling Nintendo and seeing if they can do anything.

Another absolutely fucking retarded decision by NIntendo!! So what if they release new colours and such, they KNOW people will want to trade in consoles, and they should let them take their VC games with them!

Who would really trade in a Wii for another colour though, just seems daft. But I do think that VC games should be tied to your account.

I'm sure there will be a way to transfer them to a new console eventually. But there's really no common reason now. All the consoles are the same so nobody's going to want to trade in for a different one, and if it breaks and you need to get it fixed and they need to replace everything but the case (what happened to me) they'll change it for you. But as of now, there's no real reason to need to transfer them besides selling it and buying another one, something very few people do.

Who would really trade in a Wii for another colour though, just seems daft. But I do think that VC games should be tied to your account.

I would. So many people would, exactly like what happens with the DS

The other problem is, you could just change your Wii's account to a friend's that had given you their password and just get their games, even if it got rid of all games that weren't tied to the new account, you could just switch back after. It might be a hassle, but people would do it. The way it is now will be fine until they give us a reason to replace our Wii's or release a new console. I'm sure at least when they release a new console they'll give us a way of transferring the games. 2 years after the console comes out anyway.

I would. So many people would, exactly like what happens with the DS

You people are mad I tell you! Mad!!!

*Is a proud owner of original silver DS Phat*

And that's why our co-op endeavours work so well! :grin:

Same. I was tempted to buy a DSi, but then I realized I could buy like 4 games instead, and I didn't really need a DSi.

Bought HotD, Umbrella Chronicles, Professor Layton & Madworld all for £60

Bought HotD, Umbrella Chronicles, Professor Layton & Madworld all for £60

All worthy purchases, let the good times roll!

Is it possible to use a controller other than the Wiimote on the Wii menu? It's really annoying having to swap between two controllers when I just want to play a Gamecube game :angry:

You can use the classic controller but that's it.

QFT, and Classic controllers don't work with GC games.

Oh, the Guitar Hero Controllers work as well, but again, not for GC games.

Games get! Got sent a bunch of games for reviewing and they're as follows:

Minon: Everyday Hero

PDC World Championship Darts 2009

Ready 2 Rumble Revolution

Tenchu Shadow Assassins

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars

Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis

Really looking forward to getting stuck in on Broken Sword and Secret files but been told to review Minon and the Darts game first. Minon is good fun though, if a little exhausting. Very quirky with a sense of humour and very simple to understand once you read the manual (note: I started it up without reading how to play or what to do so I failed at the very first part of the first mission). PDC is incredibly sensitive control wise. It'll take some getting used to but I seriously doubt you'd be able to pull off a 180 with the controls easily. Very sensitive. And while the character models are good, everything else is a bit meh, with the bad graphics trying to be covered up by an excess of bloom lighting and it hasn't worked. Anyways, I'll play them more later. Bit too warm for the work out Minon gives you. Try get these out of the way quick-ish so I can play Broken Sword.

While we slap EA on the back for delivering quality new IP across multiple platforms, seems the analyst would rather kick them up the arse for not pumping out solely cheap, minor revisions to their sports catalogue.

Wow, I played Samba Di Amigo Wii yesterday as my housemate bought it for her brother. It's bluddy awesome and addictive. Sure, the controls do take some getting used to, but it's great fun. Pretty much a must-buy for me now.

Wow, I played Samba Di Amigo Wii yesterday as my housemate bought it for her brother. It's bluddy awesome and addictive. Sure, the controls do take some getting used to, but it's great fun. Pretty much a must-buy for me now.

Everytime I look in Game, it's No1 on the chart because it's something ridiculous like £9.99. So if anyone's on the fence...

Rumor has it that Nintendo will be holding a big press conference here in Japan immediately following E3.

Actually, this isn't really a rumor. The source is the Sinobi blog -- you know, the blog that always gives out the super early sales information on Fridays. It seems to be a pretty reliable source.

The press conference is mentioned as an aside as the writer discusses how absolutely atrocious the Japanese game market was in May. The writer suggests that Nintendo could end up showing its summer lineup.

That summer lineup will presumably be lead by Wii Sports Resort.

Hmmm, I hope this doesn't mean a few hold-backs for E3!!

Im seeing it as a positive thing in that they will probably show some new stuff over in the US at E3 and then want to show the Japanese press the same stuff over in their homeland.