NEurope

If you argued with him, you probably wouldn't get an interview again next year.

Is the new "Domino Rally" game that weird minon game that came out in japan a couple of years ago?

If so, what a shite name!! But ultimately great news :)

^ no. It's a completely new game in the Minon/ Mr. Domino series. The one that came out in Japan a few years ago has been released world wide now and goes by either Go! Go! Minon in the US or Minon: Everyday Hero in Europe. Have had the priviledhe of playing and reviewing that one and it's not bad. Just very short (took me about 2 hours to do the 8 levels but I could have done them better if it hadn't have been so confusing in some levels) and your arm gets really tired playing it.

It would be if I was asking because I wouldn't accept either of them. Wii Sports Resort will probably be my game of the year, I can just feel it. But that's coming out very soon and most definitely not a core game. A non online multiplayer NSMB is okay. What are nintendo doing for the core? Not 3rd parties, they're providing us with some incredible games, but what about Nintendo? What are they doing for their fans? We may be insatiable, but give us something!!!

its not looking good for them this chistmas but at least it's better than the animal crossing and wii music of last year... surely

its not looking good for them this chistmas but at least it's better than the animal crossing and wii music of last year... surely

I don't know. I really enjoyed Wii Music, and put a lot of hours into Animal Crossing (however infuriating the game is!!). Wii Fit Plus is a bit of a non-event for me (it being pretty much the same game I've already got); and although NSMB has the potential to be awesome; I'm not convinced the single player will hold strong and I don't know how much I'll actually get to play the multiplayer....

I don't know how many people on here have seen this guy's videos. But if you haven't, you may want to watch them (the link is to a playlist of I think 21 episodes).

Edited by Emasher

I don't know how many people on here have seen this guy's videos. But if you haven't, you may want to watch them:

That was absolutely brilliant and I'm sure most people on here will agree with everything he says!!

That was absolutely brilliant and I'm sure most people on here will agree with everything he says!!

I do. Every word. Very, very funny but oh so true and a sad reflection on modern gaming.

Is anyone else having problems ordering off game.co.uk? Any info would be great! I'm using the new Safari browser 4.0?

Is anyone else having problems ordering off game.co.uk? Any info would be great! I'm using the new Safari browser 4.0?

See if it works in Firefox or Opera.

Yeah, I flicked over to Firefox to place an order last weekend!

Miyamoto On Natal

In an interview with Wired, Nintendo game designer and producer Shigeru Miyamoto defends the Wii's motion-sensing controllers and reveals that he is skeptical about the controller-less gaming technology of Project Natal which is coming out for the Xbox 360. After explaining that gamers need something to physically hold in their hands, Miyamoto refers to the Xbox 360's Project Natal and the PS3's motion controllers as "very basic technology."

"As someone who thinks of things from the perspective of creating interactive experiences, I really think that you do need something [to hold]. I don't think as a creator that I could create an experience that truly feels interactive if you don't have something to hold in your hand, if you don't have something like force feedback that you can feel from the controller." -Miyamoto

During the interview, Miyamoto went on to acknowledge that while Nintendo Wii's competitors, the PS3 and the Xbox 360, have shown at E3 that they're focusing more heavily on motion sensing technology, he believes that Project Natal's elimination of a controller is a big mistake.

"Looking at what the other companies have shown here at E3, it feels like they have finally obtained the very basic technology for doing motion control, but perhaps they still have to learn how to use that and take advantage of it in an interactive experience."

Anyone argee with him? I think he is right about the Natal.

it feels like they have finally obtained the very basic technology for doing motion control

Iwata's keraaaaaaaaazy glimpse into the future of motion controls he talked about last week must be really impressive. :D

It can track many people at a time.
Yeah but for a 4 player game it's gonna get mighty crowded with everyone moving around doing their actions within the camera perimeters.

Yeah but for a 4 player game it's gonna get mighty crowded with everyone moving around doing their actions within the camera perimeters.

Why would you want to wave your arms around like a tool playing mini-games. Everyone knows it looks totally gay... [/360 fanboy flame]

I really struggle to see how Natal is going to achieve anything approaching the success of the Wii. Firstly as described above the majority of Xbox fanboys will reject it completely unless it's intergrated into their favourite Halo, CoD or Gears (something I really can't see happening).

Secondly I can't think of many casuals who would look at the wii, and look at the Xbox and go for an Xbox. On the Wii you have a wand in your hand that becomes anything - Wii Sports / Play / Music / Sports resort. These are simple games that anyone can play and are constantly in the public eye. Nintendo have perfected the mechanincs of all those games which make them all so simple, yet deep and rewarding. Microsoft are know for their general often lack of quality and attention to detail and one or two very minor irregularities could end up ruining their lead franchises on Natal.

Then theirs the issue of marketing, Nintendo has succesfully marketed the Wii as not only a toy and a games console but has broken the traditional barriers of perecption that games are a relaxing, lazy experience (wii sports). They have got people off of the sofa or the bed. Microsoft seem to have an inabilty to market effectively (in a similar way nintendo markets 'hardcore' games past and present). They have been trounced by Apple in advertising for everything they are in competetion with them for, and are Microsoft really going to strech out to the grandmas and 'soccer moms' when many people already hold them in content when Windows is so often a badly designed and faulty product.

I just can't see what the appeal of Natal is. To gamers or casuals. Sometimes a button press is easier, it feels stupid to say 'goodnight' to your TV instead of pressing an off button. If I wanted to drive a car I'd prefer a wheel. If I wanted to talk to a young boy, I'd hang out around a school and interact with a real child and offer him help with his homework before being whisked away by the authorities...

Motion controls, in my opinion, are very much a step in the right direction for the industry, though I can't help but feel Microsoft have taken it a step to far and lost sight of what actually constitiues as gaming. I hope Natal is rejected by the public as too costly, I hope Natal is a commercial failure and I hope Natal is a very expensive lesson to Microsoft because the 'me too' attitude they have developed of late is just embarrasing, especially to their main userbase.

I feel as though they should concentrate on delivering the best online service, turning a proper profit and making great games for their fanbase. Yes, all games companies need to spread their wings and attract a new audience but the fact that the Xbox has sold 30 million systems worldwide speaks for itself (no presence in Japan remember). That is a huge number for a company who is only into it's second generation. Microsoft do 'gamers games' really well and all of this branching out into the mainstream is hurting their image (in my opinion). This generation they have the majority of the 18-35 male demographic, arguably the most profitable market (in terms of buying extras, games and Live subscriptions).

Lips, Scene it and You're in the Movies aren't the future for Microsoft and sales figure (all well under 500,000) will more than prove that. What's more if 30% of casual gamers end up getting red ringed do you think they will know what to do? Will they be impressed or will they abandon ship?

Or will people say 'Hey, go with the sure thing, don't gamble on your energy. Snaaake eyes.' And by that I mean buy a Wii.

Edited by Nicktendo

Got my extra MotionPlus through today so we can play two player - but nothing to play it on until Wii Sports Resort comes out as I don't fancy the other games coming out this month for it.

Can you remove the device from the jacket, or is it stuck on?

Can you remove the device from the jacket, or is it stuck on?

I haven't got Wii Motion Plus.. but you can remove it :smile: I'm just not sure how it looks out of the jacket..

I'm just not sure how it looks out of the jacket..
Pretty bad in my opinion. icon13.gif

The reason being that unlike the version first revealed at E3, which was designed to blend in with the Wii Remote:

wiimotionplus.jpg

the final retail version of Wii Motion Plus was actually redesigned around the Wii Jacket, so when you take it out it just looks weird :hmm::

wiimotionpluswithoutjac.jpg

The edges are sharper than on the first build, there are bits poking out at the bottom including the nunchuck port cover (which was flush on the original), the release clips are also more prominent, and the finish doesn't match that of the Wii Remote as it isn't glossy. :nono:

So yeah, mine be staying in the jacket for sure. :hehe:

I quite like the jackets anyway, it makes the remote just that tiny bit bigger (thicker) and so easier to grip for my stupid sized hands :smile:

WTF!... Stupid Wiimote jacket!

It was completely unnecessary in the first place, feels wierd to use and makes the Wiimote feel too big [iMO, hence why I don't use it] and now I'm basically being forced into it.

Dickheads Nintendo!