NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

I won't be getting one for a while I think. There just seems to be nothing interesting at all for it, and when they come at $300 over here in Australia, a $100 more then the Lite well, I think I can wait for now.

I will get one in due time, just not yet :D

Yeah going buy the picture Jordan posted, the difference in screen brightness is pretty evident. I'm still on me old silver original DS here and I'm not jumping onto the DSi train straight away. Keepin it old skool! :p

..aw man.. it is time to upgrade :heh: You can't fully appreciate the mayhem and slowdown of multiplayer Bangai-O Spirits until you have the abundance of bullets injected into your eyes on the brightest setting of a DSlite (now beaten by the DSi :heh:)

I'm going to go to HMV now to try my luck and sell insane amounts of Wii games!

Back home with my black DSi now. Was strangely impatient in my last lecture even though I shouldn't really be hyped.

Got me:

Black DSi

Dragon Quest V

Final Fantasy : Echoes of Time#

Accesory pack.

Hells yeah.

Got my White DSi with GTA and a memory card! Paid £10 after trading in some games :)

Awesome :)

Did you trade in a lite? I was slightly tempted with GTA, but my RPG fanatic side took over!

Got my White DSi with GTA and a memory card! Paid £10 after trading in some games :)

Some? :o:o:o:o

Yeah well quite a lot :) Hard getting rid of some of them too.... I have a LOT of games though! Well....I did!

So anyone know what paperplane and Pyro are like? Also the artstyle games? Don't know what to download!

Same here. I know i'm not downloading Wario though. Seems far to short and not as good as the others. Plus I read it didn't work with the camera that well without perfect lighting.

I've not found the lighting to be a huge problem with Wario, and it's definitely great fun, but it really is ridiculously short - it reminds me of the Wario Ware Touched demo that came with the original DS, except it's not even a demo..

Gamestation had them in, i resisted the temptation but i have some games i can trade in.....

So yeah I got a black DSi earlier on, am loving it. The definitive version of the DS for sure, obviously it feels a lot more like a new system compared to the jump between DS and DS Lite. If anyone skipped the Lite don't hesitate to pick up the DSi, there's absolutely no way you'll be disappointed, trust me. :smile:

Anyway, been messing with the camera and sound features. The L and R sound effects while playing music are so much fun! Such a simple thing, but I just love it. :love: I wasn't really intending to use the DSi as a music player that much, but I can see myself using it quite a bit now.

I also downloaded the Opera browser and WarioWare: Snapped.

WarioWare's pretty fun, but it's a shame that after 5 minutes I feel like I've seen everything there is to see of it, and the only reason I'll play it again is to show friends and family what the camera can do..
Yeah it is very short and probably a bit overpriced at 500 points, but it's so damn funny on the first play through and watching the replays. :laughing: Like you said though, a great title to show to friends and family. icon14.gif

The game during the credits is cool too.

Overall I'm seriously impressed with the DSi and am looking forward to seeing how DSi Ware develops over the next few years.

Now then... bring on moving notepad Nintendo! :bouncy:

..aw man.. it is time to upgrade :heh: You can't fully appreciate the mayhem and slowdown of multiplayer Bangai-O Spirits until you have the abundance of bullets injected into your eyes on the brightest setting of a DSlite (now beaten by the DSi :heh:)

If there was a blue out over here you know I'd have one.

If anyone skipped the Lite don't hesitate to pick up the DSi, there's absolutely no way you'll be disappointed, trust me. :smile:

Not you too Red. Go easy on me, muchacho. I'll get a DSi when the time is right!

Paper Plane is the dogs bollocks!!

So simple, so fun, so frsutrating when I crash, so addictiive that I hit A and go again. Love it. Think I'll save my other 800 free points for future titles.

I take it the moving memo pad isn't out yet then?

Either way, i'm mighty impressed with this so far. Great that fingers prints aren't visible and everything i've tried has been fantastic. Really glad I upgraded to this from the original DS. Even the opera browser is pretty sweet :)

I take it the moving memo pad isn't out yet then?

Only Japan i'm afraid.

I bought the two 200 point games. For what is basically £1.50, they are extremely good.

Just been trying out various games from my DS collection on the i. The screens really are soooo nice, brightness setting number 5 is amazing! :o No doubt a real battery drainer though.

The sound has seen massive improvement too, was playing Rhythm Tengoku Gold earlier and was really impressed by the built in speakers. Headphones are still the ultimate way to go, but the gap in quality is a lot smaller now. icon14.gif

Man, there are just so many neat little touches to this thing. The hot swapping cart feature, being able to reset straight back to the DSi menu from games/apps, on the fly screen brightness adjustment... :awesome:

Not you too Red. Go easy on me, muchacho. I'll get a DSi when the time is right!
Hehehe! :grin: There's no rush hombre.

Especially if you're still happily rocking the old school DS. Gonna make the upgrade to DSi even more spectacular. :wink:

My girlfriend can't see it but them bottom screen has a slightly yellow tint to it which is quite noticable. Anybody else have this problem cause i don't know if it's just me and whether to take it back or not.

The system itself though is so snazzy. I really didn't expect this much of an upgrade. There is a noticable difference in screen size compared to the lite. The ui is also really elegant and simple to use unlike the lites which seems so antiquated looking back at it. Can't wait to pop ouendon in to really test the updated sound.

I had to take the lite back twice when i first got that cause of dead pixels.

So yeah I got a black DSi earlier on, am loving it. The definitive version of the DS for sure, obviously it feels a lot more like a new system compared to the jump between DS and DS Lite.

Eh...you serious? The jump between DS -> DS lite is obviously a lot more profound.

I've got nothing on the sort on my DSi so it might be just yours. Luckily I didn't get any pixel issues with this one, though has there been with this model?

Still loving the DSi though, I want to download some DSiWare, thinking about the 200 point games, though I don't want to go downloading them for the sake of it :heh:

Eh...you serious? The jump between DS -> DS lite is obviously a lot more profound.

How? That was purely asthetic...

How? That was purely asthetic...

Considering it's handheld technology, that's one of the biggest reasons why it was a bigger leap.

But come on (borrowing Jordan's pic):

02042009508.jpg

Adding a camera and some titles that you can download is hardly that big a leap. Making the thing lighter, brighter and not look ugly is a much more important and noticeable thing. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if people manage to get the DS shop titles working on flaschards on the Lite.

Edited by Sheikah

Got mine. Decided to get the black one. So far I've downloaded the browser, Pyoro and Wario Ware.

I have a small issue with the power button, it seems hard to press but it's a smal problem and I probbaly just need to get used to it.

That was like mine aswell, seemed like you had to press a bit hard for it go turn on/off. Not to fussed about it though. Wonder i fit's meant to be like that?

EDIT - Doesn't seem as bad as earlier, wonder if it was a bit stiff.

So yeah I got a black DSi earlier on, am loving it. The definitive version of the DS for sure, obviously it feels a lot more like a new system compared to the jump between DS and DS Lite.

Aye, but he said the jump makes it feel like a new system....which is surely true?

DSPhat/DSDarkSnowman (as I now call them...from now) to DS Lite =

Smaller, nicer, brighter,...erm...etc. Still uses same programmes, etc, and games, no specific enhancement.

Jump to DSi = cameras, downloadable games, enhanced games, exclusive games, etc etc.

I mean.....the fact that it has exclusive games practically makes it the DS2. Or the DSN64Expansion Pak.

Massive rollolol. I might look in Comet or Argos today, and grab one maybe. Im pretty jealous of you all TBF.