NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

cool lineup how many points will we need, ? on top of the free 1000?

does anyone know yet if u can use the old nintendo wii poins cards on dsi? or only the new ones

thanks all

You can use the old cards as well.

nice. as u can still get 2000 cards for £15 or under :) buy em up while we can i say,

need a nice screen protector, which ones u guys going for, the hori ones are usually good.

does anyone know if the pre orders for dsi have sold out anywhere, i bet loads of the ebay lot are buying them up to make some profit.

The launch line-up should cost you 1,900 Nintendo Points, so you should only have to buy an extra 1,000 from the DSi Shop.

Okay so.

Bought a DSi. Problem is, Nintendo's servers aren't up yet so i can't go on the shop. Maybe they will enable tonight when the Wii Shop Channel update hits.

All in all, pretty cool piece of hardware. Will post pictures to prove later ;) Being able to restart and put a new game in = fucking god send.

EDIT:

Pictures!

02042009508.jpg

02042009509.jpg

You know what's weird? The fact that it looks so damn plain in white. I mean, theres no Nintendo or DS branding apart from on the bottom of it.

Edited by Jordan

The best part of that first picture of yours Jordan just proves that DSi for me will be a worthwhile update. I didn't invest in a Lite, and I was in the car (obviously I wasn't driving) the other day struggling to see the bloody screen on my original DS.

Quite excited for tomorrow now, although the purchase has left me skint for a week.

So I went into GAME after Uni, asked about the DSi deal and they had the bundles in. They were starting up preperations for the DSi but getting all the promotional stuff out and putting the deals about the DSi in boxes around the store. Spoke about the trade in deal with DS games, trade in 2, get a new game for a fiver. On that note, I think I heard a manager special being trade in to get one for free. I think they must of said that wrong.

But about the bundles, they had them in etc, they had just lost the list, so going from their memory off what they had read there were bundles with GTA and I think Call of Duty and acouple more I think, then they mentioned they had accesory bundles fpr £169.99 for differemt things.

Also when you get the DSi, there's 12 games you can get for £14.99. There was Sonic Chronicles, Olympic Games and I can't remember the rest, wasn't really anything else that stood out from them.

Also the store had 80 DSi pre-orders and said some had over 300. Also they had all the DSis locked behind the counter. And the price of the Wii is going up soon, not sure when, but it is.

nice pics cheers, i really want the old ds again. for collection purposes :)

the guy i spoke to in a shop said that wii points would deffinatly not work on dsi shopo, hmm gues we will have to wait and see ;)

Does anyone now What game stores are doing the dsi midnight launch.

The DSi store is now up.

With a firmware update too.

*Looks at it*

EDIT: Either this is a huge piece of firmware or there's a massive server rape :p

Probably both. :heh: Do let us know if there's any extra surprises there, Jordan!

Shall do.

Its strange though, the device shipped with 1.2E. Whats the need of a further upgrade?

I haven't actually finished getting it yet, it keeps kicking me off. I presume everything isn't ready yet.

The best part of that first picture of yours Jordan just proves that DSi for me will be a worthwhile update. I didn't invest in a Lite, and I was in the car (obviously I wasn't driving) the other day struggling to see the bloody screen on my original DS.

Quite excited for tomorrow now, although the purchase has left me skint for a week.

Yeah going buy the picture Jordan posted, the difference in screen brightness is pretty evident. I'm still on me old silver original DS here and I'm not jumping onto the DSi train straight away. Keepin it old skool! :p

Well... Furthest i've gotten so far is about half the update. *sigh* I'll keep tryin'!

We had 6 units delivered at work (supermarket), 3 of each colour. Kind of annoyed I didn't get one from there, pluses being cheaper and in my hand now. Negatives, not guaranteed to be there when I finished, dunno if we had pre-orders and I'd have had to take debit card with me and carry home in the dark. ;)

Parcelforce says as of 1am it's in Milton Keynes ready to be delivered, I fully expect a 7am arrival.

First of no doubt many "I'm posting this from my DSi!" posts!

EDIT - WarioWare's pretty fun, but it's a shame that after 5 minutes I feel like I've seen everything there is to see of it, and the only reason I'll play it again is to show friends and family what the camera can do..

Edited by Mike

Thats Wario Ware for you.

The actual update and store shit went live at around 2am. The browser is actually astoundingly fast, I have no idea how it renders pages that fast. My mobile phone has a much faster processor and 4 times the amount of RAM and its faster than that.

NE looks cool.

I checked my bank and buying a DSi sends me into debt.

Of course, totally worth it in the (I assume pretty unlikely now) event that I will be getting one.

Cross your fingers for me gringos.

nice pics cheers, i really want the old ds again. for collection purposes :)
Can buy mine off me if you want!

I'm gonna but it up for sale on N-E/ebay soon anyways.

Awesome stylus!

Mine arrived at 7:27.. Been trying to sleep because I finished work at 5am, but I couldn't hold back any longer than 12:30. Just on the DSi Shop now, loving the console so far!

Well GAME have them in.....

....but they're white. Ewww white. So no, won't be getting one just yet. Soon though. Soon. Maybe I might look Argos/Etc this weekend.