NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Yeah it doesn't look that way. Went and added a DSi into my basket and checkout to see if there was an option for it but couldn't see any. I've got a few games i'm gonna take in and get prices. Got a trade in guide from GAME the other day and got some sort of idea of what I could get.

So far there's Mario Party 8, Super Monkey Ball and Rayman Rabbids which is around £42 is the prices are the same from the guide got printed.

Turns out my parents have preordered me a DSi as a suprise and since they've paid a deposit because they ordered it instore, I have to cancel my order :(.

They preordered a black one as welll and I had ordered a white.

Cancel and somehow subtly hint that you would prefer a white one over black, these things can be changed. :)

Turns out my parents have preordered me a DSi as a suprise and since they've paid a deposit because they ordered it instore, I have to cancel my order :(.

You can change the colour, i'm sure of it..just do it now before launch.

IT's weird, im not remotely interested in this, but as release looms, i feel the excitement of a new Nintendo product and am resisting being swept up in it. I know i dont want one, not yet anyway, but damnit, i hate pre-release hype!

I'm feeling it too, but am resisting because it isn't really appealing to me.

It's a DS Lite but upgraded and thinner

New firmware

SDHC capable card slot

Dual camera's

Slightly larger, sharper screens

Opera Web browser built-in

DSi ware can be downloaded

Can play Music

Can edit stuff with bits of software

Thats about all there is you need to know atm.

Don't forget the back catalogue game raping by removing the GBA slot.

If you really want to find out then phone them up :heh:

nah I leave it till I go for it.

Hmmm, wasn;t going to get one, then I was. Now with the VC looking likely I'm more tempted by it....also think it could get me back playing the DS again... I have about £80 on a HMV card that I'm struggling to spend due their online prices being so much better than instore....so I may just get a DSi with the money instead. That way it isn't as big an investement!

I'm gonna be getting one (possibly early but not likely) from my local independant retailer who will be getting limited stocks but I'm gonna check back there and pre-order as soon as I can which will apparently be a week today lol so not so much a pre-order as holding one back I guess but it's the only thing they can do due to limited stocks.

Anyway all will be cool as long as the DSi I get doesn't have any dead pixels, I'm really hoping they will have improved things on that front by now.

I have a question...does the DSWare store work with MAC's?! I have a feeling it's for Window computers only! If so, i'm screwed! :(

I have a question...does the DSWare store work with MAC's?! I have a feeling it's for Window computers only! If so, i'm screwed! :(

*confused* the DS Ware store will be accessible from the DSi just like Wii Ware is from the Wii surely? So no need for a PC where purchasing stuff is concerned.

*confused* the DS Ware store will be accessible from the DSi just like Wii Ware is from the Wii surely? So no need for a PC where purchasing stuff is concerned.

Ah i thought it was on computer? Thats great if thats the case...jeez sometimes i shock myself! haha

Ah i thought it was on computer? Thats great if thats the case...jeez sometimes i shock myself! haha

No idea where you got that one from! :heh:

According to Bill Trinen this is the most pre-ordered console. Ever.

So turns out I can get £56 in GAME if I trade in a few games, then I have £17.50 from reward points so that makes it £73.50 paid already if I go through with this.

I want to go and pre-order one of these, but i've never traded in stuff before and I feel dirty for thinking such a thing :( I need guidance N-E!

And my GAME pre-order has the accesory pack with it now.

Has the European DSiWare line-up been announced yet? (Not really been keeping up to date. ::shrug:) I want to know if WarioWare: Snapped and Moving Notepad are going to be available at launch, as they're pretty much the deciding factor now for me getting a DSi next week.

Can't see anything just yet on NoE site. Isn't even a DSiWare hub ro page yet as far as I can see.

Has the European DSiWare line-up been announced yet? (Not really been keeping up to date. ::shrug:) I want to know if WarioWare: Snapped and Moving Notepad are going to be available at launch, as they're pretty much the deciding factor now for me getting a DSi next week.

3 games have been announced for the USA launch mate, so i reckon it'll be the same for us:

WarioWare Snapped! A fun series of mini-games that are fully controlled by the internal camera of the Nintendo DSi. Players use body motion to solve simple, rapid-fire designs that offer a fun visual surprise at the end of the session.

Art Style: Aquia is a creative "match three" puzzler where players swap blocks off a three-tile-thick stack and try to match up the same colors to make them disappear.

Bird and Beans takes the two Pyoro games from past WarioWare games and combines them into a single downloadable file. These games are simple arcade games that challenge players to get Pyoro to eat beans as they fall from the sky.

There you go! Supposadely you can get all 3 for free cause of the free 1000 points you get in the console..but then we may be charged more then Japan for each!

True Owen, they're doing a lot there to entice early adopters of the DSi. Free DSi internet browser, Moving Memo Pad, and 1000 Nintendo Points to spend on those beauties.

Until October in the US, their availability in the UK/Europe hasn't been confirmed, however.

Everything on the DSiWare front has been pretty quite for Europe so far. Hope we get some confirmation soon.

Europe is getting 1000 points for free aswell now.

So is this thing going to sell out or what? If I walked in to HMV on launch day would I get one? Hmm....probably preorder it tomorrow. Is it just black or white choices?