NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

After hinting about it in their podcast, IGN have posted up what they claim their sources say is the release date for DSi in the US- April 4th.

US, January 13, 2009 - Multiple sources close to Nintendo tell IGN that the company is gearing up to debut the anticipated successor to its DS Lite handheld during the first half of this year in America. More specifically, the company has allegedly relayed to its partners that DSi will ship stateside in early April, most likely on April 4. Insiders assert that they have been told the system will retail for $179.99 when it launches domestically.

They say to treat this information as a rumour for now because Nintendo haven't officially confirmed nor denied it.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/944/944589p1.html

Well, as soon as you realise that most things Nintendo get cracked (every Wii Ware and VC title can be installed on an unmodified Wii console) it becomes obvious that even if there are exclusive titles to this, a lot of people will stick with the original DS lite.

People are already using flashcards to play any DS and GBA games they want for free. Exclusive DSi titles will likely follow (at least ones not involving a camera, but let's face it how good can they be?).

Yeah, piracy has always been a factor but it hasn't majorly affected Nintendo has it? There might be people out there who like to get whatever they can for free, but there are still a lot of others who are happy to keep things above board and pay their way.

I'll just wait for when the actualy date is announced, since it'll be around then that pre-orders will open up. Gives me sometime to get my monies ready to buy one when it finally gets released.

And here's hoping for homebrew to make video playback on the DSi, would be handy so I can watch some anime on the way to Uni.

Yeah, there's DSi firmware that you upgrade like the Wii and PSP.

Cool thanks.

I hear word that this is releasing on April 1st. No official source i'm afraid, only word of mouth, but wow, that's just a few weeks away if its true.

I hear word that this is releasing on April 1st. No official source i'm afraid, only word of mouth, but wow, that's just a few weeks away if its true.

It wont be 1st April becuse its April fools day.

And April 1st is a Wednesday so it'll be fake. I think I read about an April release somewhere though, though obviously it wasn't confirmed and I don't totally believe it since it's fairly soon.

hopa.JPG

Euro retailer Intertoys seems to think that the DSi will hit Europe on April 3rd, 2009. That’s not all that far off! Of course, this isn’t a confirmed date, but it’s definitely possible. Nintendo sprung the DSi on Japan shortly after announcing it.

Come to think of it, it might have been April 3rd that was passed on in convo. 1st and 3rd do sound familiar, i've just got a bad memory.

Come to think of it, it might have been April 3rd that was passed on in convo. 1st and 3rd do sound familiar, i've just got a bad memory.

1st is a Wednesday and 3rd is a Friday we allways get games and stuff on a Friday.

I think I'd be more excited about this if I knew that there was more quality first party software on the horizon. I haven't bought a truly great DS game since Zelda, and I'm really only looking forward to Mario and Luigi 3. It's all very well and good that you can take photos and play music on the DSi, but I can just see those features losing their appeal fairly quickly (Pictochat, anyone?) and we're just going to be left with a couple of basic downloadable games every so often.

I want that blue and i want it now!

I have a USA Wii, so is this DSi Ware a downloadable programme from the Wii console or a computer thing? Cause if so, even if DSi Ware games are region locked..i would still be able to purchase DSi points from VGP (probably) and buy the software, if that is correct?

I will buy a UK DSi if they release that colour..though i doubt it..it's gonna be red i reckon..

The blue DSi looks horrible. Really, they should have used the ice blue colour they used for the Japan only DS lite as that would have been a much nicer colour. Hell, even the turquoise colour DS lite for the european market would have been a better aesthetical choice than that.

The blue DSi looks horrible. Really, they should have used the ice blue colour they used for the Japan only DS lite as that would have been a much nicer colour. Hell, even the turquoise colour DS lite for the european market would have been a better aesthetical choice than that.

You missed out 'In My Opinion', not everyone has the same taste as you..funnily enough.