NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

But that's pink!

Is that yellow? I just remember thinking the lime green DS was yellow in the first pictures so don't want to get too excited. If that IS yellow then I will wait for this to come out in England and not buy one at launch

It's Lime Green! I want the blue, looks lovely! Wish i could import!

However just to clarify people i have read that a UK Nintendo spokesperson stated a while back that a Japanese DSi can only play Japanese DSWare stuff...so if you imported one from Japan i don't think it will work with the European DSWare store, which is a big bummer in my opinion, cause that is one of the main reasons to upgrade in the first place!

If later on however this info is incorrect i will definately import a coloured one, there so cool!

Thats pretty good! However i have a white DS Lite with stylus and charger but no box or instructions? Would i be allowed to trade in that, or do you need everything? The terms and conditions don't say you need the box!

£75 on your GAME giftcard? Meh, that's the same as £50 cash really, as games are £10 overpriced there. Better off selling your DSlite on eBay for £80 +

would i be able to trade in a ds original under this deal do you think?

Probably not. I've seen the original DS going for around £60 with a few games at Gamestation, so they probably only take around £25-£30 for them.

Can't believe that this is actually going for £150. I thought it was just a retailers guess but it's looking more official now.

I'm waiting for the DSi's to go up on VG+ then i'll be importing one. No way am I paying an extra £40 odd for this. Not worth it for the few little additions it has.

Agreed. I was ready to buy it at launch for something in the region of £120. But when I saw 150 I was like screw it. £150 is more than an arcade 360 30 quid away from a wii and the pro 360 dances around that region too. I just can't merit a DSi purchase at £150, when for a little more or less I can obtain something greater.

Thats pretty good! However i have a white DS Lite with stylus and charger but no box or instructions? Would i be allowed to trade in that, or do you need everything? The terms and conditions don't say you need the box!

Don't know you have to ask and can anyone get on Argos.co.uk website.

Don't know you have to ask and can anyone get on Argos.co.uk website.

No offence, but that was a pointless reply..surely if no-one answered my question you would think i would be intelligent enough to ask in-store? Obviously not...

I'm pretty certain that GAME put second-hand DS's in their own purple coloured cardboard box, so I don't think it's that important, and if you've notied at Gamestation they sell DS's there in a sort of see through bag with just the model and the charger.

I'm pretty certain that GAME put second-hand DS's in their own purple coloured cardboard box, so I don't think it's that important, and if you've notied at Gamestation they sell DS's there in a sort of see through bag with just the model and the charger.

Thanks for that! Never knew GAME put second-hand stuff in their own boxes...must be ok then! Quite pleased i'm gonna get some cash-back on my other DS Lite.

No offence, but that was a pointless reply..surely if no-one answered my question you would think i would be intelligent enough to ask in-store? Obviously not...

As long as the unit is in a resalable condition they aren't bothered, if anything they have dummy boxes they could use.

So, guess whose magazine-editing girlfriend got a PAL DSi through the post today? :D (Hint: mine!)

There's not much that hasn't been said on Japanese and American sites, but if anyone has any questions about it, fire away!

Now if only I had some new games to play on it.. Come on, Mario and Luigi 3!

Awesome! Which magazine does she work for?

Here's one. Have Nintendo activated the DSi Shop servers yet?

NEO magazine. No, it still won't let me go on the shop (which means no Internet browser too).

Can I get free copies of the magazine? :heh:

Is the music playback still that AAC format? Kind of hoping ti can do mp3s/wma at somepoint, even if it's through homebrew.

Is it true it can be permanently connected to the Internet? And if so does that include the games (like Mario Kart so it doesn't need to connect when you load the wifi option)?

The instruction book says that MP3s still aren't suppotred. I'm going to try and convert some music to AAC format tonight and stick it on an SD card, to see what sort of things you can do with that.

I can't find anything about it being permanently connected to the Internet - I think it must have just been a rumour.

I've had a chance to have a longer play with the camera and sound editing bits, and they're good fun, although, as I expected, I can't see myself going back to them very much. Some of the downloadable stuff should be good, though, but I guess we won't know that for another month.

So it turns out that the price is actually going to be £149.99. I'm really close to cancelling my GAME pre-order now. I won't be another £150 just to play game I can play just now with slightly bigger screens and look.

I'll either import it or just not get a DSi at all. I want one and all, but at a reasonable price.

Very surprised that so many people here are preparing to shell out another £150 for one of these. I'd love to have £150 to essentially waste right now...

So it turns out that the price is actually going to be £149.99. I'm really close to cancelling my GAME pre-order now. I won't be another £150 just to play game I can play just now with slightly bigger screens and look.

I'll either import it or just not get a DSi at all. I want one and all, but at a reasonable price.

Don't forget DSiWare too! I think I'll be trading in my DS Lite if I haven't earned enough money to just buy one by then. However, I like the option of being able to play Guitar Hero and GBA games on it, since I don't own a GBA SP and can't see a damn thing on my chunky one.

Very surprised that so many people here are preparing to shell out another £150 for one of these. I'd love to have £150 to essentially waste right now...

I'm a sucker for new Nintendo gadgets. ;)

I'm a sucker for new Nintendo gadgets. ;)

hehe same, its released a day before my B'day ^^ i'll be getting this for sure.

Why don't you check Amazon.co.uk or just serch Cheep DSi.

Edited by canand

You were actually expecting it to lower? In this economic climate? Please.

Plus, as I said countless times...take the US RRP, which is prior to tax (they add it after RRP), add 15% (our VAT) and convert, and it's around £152 so we're technically getting it cheaper than the US