NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

No confirmation yet, but WarioWare Snapped!, Code 10 (previously one of the DSi's Art Style games called Decode), Pyoro and Moving Memo were shown off at the GDC (Kotaku have impressions up).

3 games have been announced for the USA launch mate, so i reckon it'll be the same for us:

WarioWare Snapped! A fun series of mini-games that are fully controlled by the internal camera of the Nintendo DSi. Players use body motion to solve simple, rapid-fire designs that offer a fun visual surprise at the end of the session.

Art Style: Aquia is a creative "match three" puzzler where players swap blocks off a three-tile-thick stack and try to match up the same colors to make them disappear.

Bird and Beans takes the two Pyoro games from past WarioWare games and combines them into a single downloadable file. These games are simple arcade games that challenge players to get Pyoro to eat beans as they fall from the sky.

There you go! Supposadely you can get all 3 for free cause of the free 1000 points you get in the console..but then we may be charged more then Japan for each!

Cheers for the info guys. :)

Looks like it'll be the same as the US line-up, but Moving Notepad/Memo seems unlikely to be at launch judging by this:

The version of Moving Memo we saw was entirely in Japanese, possibly an indication that the Western version is further off than other games and applications.
Damn. :hmm:

I'll probably cave-in and get one next Friday anyway. :heh:

I'm just looking forward to the DSi Shop opening next week - my DSi has been sitting pretty much unused since I got it three or gour weeks ago.

I'm just looking forward to the DSi Shop opening next week - my DSi has been sitting pretty much unused since I got it three or gour weeks ago.
I take it GTA isn't your cup of tea then?

I've been on my DS religiously since picking that game up. :hehe:

But yeah, DSi Shop is definitely the main reason for the upgrade. I'm really looking forward to WarioWare: Snapped! :bouncy:

I'm still slightly concerned about the future of DS software though, hopefully the DSi will help to revitalise DS development quite a bit.

And WarioWare: Made in Ore had better still be on the way, or I'm going to be extremely pissed off. "You hear me Nintendo?!" *shakes fist* :laughing:

I take it GTA isn't your cup of tea then?

I've been on my DS religiously since picking that game up. :hehe:

True, hasn't left my DS since last Thursday! I'm just enjoying it so much, there's rarely a boring mission. And when I need a break, hijacking drug trucks and Ammunation trucks usually entertains.

Why is there no discussion going on in the GTA thread?!

HMV mailed me today - apparently, they've just introduced a compulsary bundle which is DSi + 1GB SD at £146, so anyone who had a pre-order down with them beforehand has had their order bumped up to the bundle. It's only £2 more than it was originally, and it'll be nice to have a decent SD card.

Oh, and in other news, our good old friend Olympic Gamer is apparently planning to buy up to 3 DSis for launch, attempting to make a mint by selling two of them on. All the best of luck to him...

EDIT: That's two DSi's he's buying - one for selling, one for personal use. Why the hell was he banned anyway?

Edited by D_prOdigy

Cheers for the info guys. :)

Looks like it'll be the same as the US line-up, but Moving Notepad/Memo seems unlikely to be at launch judging by this:

Damn. :hmm:

I'll probably cave-in and get one next Friday anyway. :heh:

No worries! Oh i could be wrong, might have mis-heard it, but when you watch the European DSi video explaining all the details of it on the Nintendo Channel on the Wii, it states that Moving Notepad is availible on DSi..i'm going to re-watch the video now just to make 100% sure i heard that correctly..but i got the impression it's like pictochat and already on the system! I'm right in saying it's the game where you draw something and then can move it?

Edited by Owen

Moving Notepad isn't pre-installed on the system, Owen. Not on mine, anyway!

Moving Notepad isn't pre-installed on the system, Owen. Not on mine, anyway!

ah right! That's ashame! Hehe!

I'll be waiting patiently for it with Redshell then!

You know Olympic Gamer, Da Prod?

Visited GAME at the White Rose in Leeds today and had a chat with the manager. They have received, as of today, 215 DSi console preorders. 215.

You know Olympic Gamer, Da Prod?

Visited GAME at the White Rose in Leeds today and had a chat with the manager. They have received, as of today, 215 DSi console preorders. 215.

Did they mention anything about a free accessory pack? I asked a store manager last week and he didn't know anything about it.

Did they mention anything about a free accessory pack? I asked a store manager last week and he didn't know anything about it.

I did ask, they said they aren't told anything about bundles until Wednesday/Thursday. I'll ring them on those days.

why are the new nintendo points card so expensive? for example the 3000 card £29.99

2000 £18 odd

when u can buy 2000 wii points cards for £15 or under,

will wii points cards work on the dsi too? it would be good to bvuy the remaining stock up if so?

I assumed that at somepoint the Wii points and DSi points would become the same. Though for that accounts would need to be linked if you shared them among both consoles which would be cool :heh:

Blergh, still "picking and packing". Was hoping they'd ship it today for delivery tomorrow :p

Blergh, still "picking and packing". Was hoping they'd ship it today for delivery tomorrow :p

Heh, mines the same. I reckon it'll get shipped tomorrow but with one of those delayed deliveries where it sits in the warehouse all of Thursday, but is the first thing delivered on the Friday.

While I'm here, is it confirmed the DSi can handle SDHC?

Wikipedia is telling me it does support SD/SDHC.

I saw it there too, but in true Nintendo fashion the official website has nothing on it. I didn't want to buy one on the hopes of a wiki article. :P

Yeah but rarely. People don't normally go on just to mess it up :heh:

I hope...