NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Probably won't get one. As far as i'm aware retailers don't kno when they're getting their second batch in, so once the first is gone, you need to wait for the next delivery.

Saying that, the first batch is supposed to be fully taken by pre-orders so quite a few stores won't have any to sell so you might have to look around some stores to get one or atleast try and pre-order for the next delivery.

Relatively annoying. My mate is hooking me up with a GAME discount at the weekend...or rather he was going to.

Oh well. *Cries in the corner*

Well, a preorder is good for two days I believe. Stick a deposit down and go in on Saturday to collect.

Well, a preorder is good for two days I believe. Stick a deposit down and go in on Saturday to collect.

I don't think I'll be able to get a discount if I do it that way (anyone confirm?)

I don't see why you wouldn't really, you still haven't bought the console, only 'marked' it so no-one can buy it. When I pick up ming tomorrow i'm using my reward points/store credit etc to bring price down.

I just rang the other GAME that I've actually preordered my DSi from and got a few details.

I confirmed the trade-in offer that Shadow was told about. Whilst some games at the moment have a trade-in value of a few quid, if you trade them in alongside a DS Lite they will have a value of at least £12.50, meaning two games will indeed get you a fully priced DS game for £4.99. However, they did say that some games (I'm guessing recent releases such as Chinatown Wars) will have an even higher trade-in value, but £12.50 is definitely the limit.

Damn good deal, I have a few games that I can now offload and make a profit on.

Secondly, I said that a friend wanted to know if he'd be able to pick one up at launch without preordering. Very problematic - as this one was a smaller store, they'd taken just short of 100 preorders (compared to 215 at the other store), but even so they expected that entire batch to be snapped up pretty quickly.

I forgot to ask about bundles, I'm trying to phone back right now. I'll report back with more intel!

Nice work! Wonder if you get anything with the DSi itself like places are offering. Planning on going to GAME after Uni to check some things out.

That's what I'm attempting to find out. Both GAME stores don't seem to be answering their phones now, I've tried to call both loads of times now, leaving it ringing for several minutes with no luck.

Any help in the matter would be appreciated! I was going to ask about the accessory pack, and the games they're bundling with the consoles, prices, etc.

EDIT!

Got through, at long last. They don't know what bundles they'll be doing until tomorrow. That's bloody helpful.

Also, no free accessory pack in-store. That's £6.99, sold separately.

Edited by Tellyn

I'll go and ask them later on then and find out what they're offering. Although I don't finish here till 4pm, then by the time I get home to post the details it might be around 5.30pm :heh:

I'll get all the info but just might take a little while to post.

Got through, at long last. They don't know what bundles they'll be doing until tomorrow. That's bloody helpful.

Also, no free accessory pack in-store. That's £6.99, sold separately.

Just so that everyone sees my ninja edit. ;)

Who knows, they might have details when you pop in.

Well that isn't helpfull at all, how can they not know the day before the launch :heh:

I'll still go in later and see if I find anything out.

Anyone ordered from Gamestation? I'm on fire here, I feel like calling them for details too.

JUMMMAAAAAAAAAAAA

Lawl, JUMAAAAA!

Well that isn't helpfull at all, how can they not know the day before the launch :heh:

I'll still go in later and see if I find anything out.

It is bloody unhelpful, especially as they told Gentleben and yourself that they'd have details today.

I was told by my local independant that they would have details of how many etc yesterday but there was no such luck, still they said they would put one back for me (I think) so can't say fairer than that, especially if I get one today.

It is bloody unhelpful, especially as they told Gentleben and yourself that they'd have details today.

Yeah it is a bit. I don't see how they don't know the bundles they're offering though, it's just hard to imagine them getting told at 6.30 in the morning before the store opens. I mean, surely some folk would miss out and not be aware of them. And I can sort of see the accesory pack being a part of a bundle, then they can run out of stuff due to lack of prepartion or something...

Maybe at the end of they day they might get told, bah, i'll demand answers :heh:

anyone get the dsi shipped from play.com? did it come with a tracking code if so? and what company cheers

edit found out its somthing called hdnl, ive never heard of this delivery company

Bit annoying GAME don't know anything about the bundles yet, and we're not getting an accessory pack despite the fact every one else is giving one out free (or an SD card), including GAMESTATION, who is owned by GAME and they are doing it online. The GAMESTATION accessory pack is far superior though, you get a case and headphones with it which you don't from GAME online.

Oh cock.

They have DSi for sale in my local retailer. Right now. Like, they're on the shelf.

Either A, I can buy one and hardly eat this month

or B, wait till next month, but probably wouldn't be able to buy one.

Oh cock.

They have DSi for sale in my local retailer. Right now. Like, they're on the shelf.

Dude....bragging rights.

Go tap dat shit. You don't need food.

Oh cock.

Go for it! I'm quite possibly getting one today too so, do eet! :)

Confirmed DSiWare games available at launch:

• Nintendo DSi Browser: A free download that means Nintendo DSi users will be able to browse the Internet to their heart’s content.

• Paper Plane: A simple but addictive action game in which players have to guide their paper aircraft through mazes that get increasingly harder to navigate.

• Pyoro: Take control of a cute bird called Pyoro as he tries to catch the fruit that falls from the top of the screen with his tongue! If the falling fruit hits the ground, a hole appears – leaving Pyoro with an ever-shrinking area in which to move. Worse still, if a piece of fruit lands on Pyoro’s head, it’s game over!

• WarioWare: Snapped!: WarioWare: Snapped! uses the Nintendo DSi’s inner camera to put you in the frame for some fun! Using the camera’s ability to detect motion, players must complete zany tasks within a set time limit by moving their hands and faces in front of the screen.

• Art Style: AQUITE: This fun & challenging mini-game that is perfect to play on the go. Your aim is to help a little diver reach the bottom of the ocean, but getting there is more challenging than you may think!

• Art Style: CODE: Holding the Nintendo DSi sideways, like an open book, the goal is to switch around and rearrange digits, ultimately adding them together to make 10. Once selected, the digits adding up to 10 will all disappear. Different modes offer variations on this simple yet addictive rule to ensure hours of number-crunching fun!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2008/nintendo_dsiware_launch_titles_announced_12136.html

no its not dhl. is some stupid company home delivery network, ive never known play use them before, and the website hdnl.co.uk doesnt even have a phone number :( what cowboys/

ffs play last time i ever use them

no its not dhl. is some stupid company home delivery network, ive never known play use them before, and the website hdnl.co.uk doesnt even have a phone number :( what cowboys/

ffs play last time i ever use them

They're brilliant tbh, don't be put off by this one experience. Its only because its an expensive product.

cool lineup how many points will we need, ? on top of the free 1000?

does anyone know yet if u can use the old nintendo wii poins cards on dsi? or only the new ones

thanks al

edit, oh right have u used hdnl before then m8? becuase the tracking is very slow on the updates, as it was posted wednesday, and the lack of any tel support or email is very strange for a delivery company,

anyway i can always hope it comes tomorrow.

Edited by yesteryeargames