NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Yeah, I was. And you said yourself you wouldn't be surprised if it lowered nearer the date aswell.

Plus, as I mentioned before it would work out cheaper if you imported. US RRP + 6.5% tax is around $181 or so which is around £125. And i'm fairly sure the place i'll import from if I go for it will be a bit cheaper than that and around the same with shipping included.

Yeah, I was. And you said yourself you wouldn't be surprised if it lowered nearer the date aswell.

Plus, as I mentioned before it would work out cheaper if you imported. US RRP + 6.5% tax is around $181 or so which is around £125. And i'm fairly sure the place i'll import from if I go for it will be a bit cheaper than that and around the same with shipping included.

if you do that then you need to import DSi onley games would this help http://www.buy-dsi.co.uk/latest-hot-nintendo-dsi-deals-14180-the-cheapest

Edited by canand

I don't care for DSi only games just now anyway. Has it been said that there will be specific retail DSi games yet? Cause just now i'm still seeing it as DSiWare since I haven't read about the retail thing yet.

I don't care for DSi only games just now anyway. Has it been said that there will be specific retail DSi games yet? Cause just now i'm still seeing it as DSiWare since I haven't read about the retail thing yet.

Yeah Nintendo Said but no games out yet.

He means has it been confirmed that Nintendo will release DSi-specific retail games.

I think there will be some, as Vicarious Visions really need to get around the lack of a GBA slot...

Hmm. I still don't think any major DSi will be released since that would totally limit the amount of sales. Still not too fussed though. I dunno when i'll be getting more DS games after the DQs and a back catalogue to keep me busy. Then if there's a game I must have I can import. Would be convient to get a DSi here though. But if the import is cheaper then i'll go for it. If I can get a decent amount from game trade ins then i'll get a PAL.

IT's weird, im not remotely interested in this, but as release looms, i feel the excitement of a new Nintendo product and am resisting being swept up in it. I know i dont want one, not yet anyway, but damnit, i hate pre-release hype!

I'll be fine once its over with. Right now i have no money to spare, and if i did i'd be saving for an iPod Touch, a much worthier handheld piece of kit.

Wow, this is releasing fairly soon now and I almost forgot I had it pre-ordered.

Managed to break a deal to have this bought for me as an early birthday thing, but I was willing to pay for it anyway. Considering my own mother spends most of the time on MY launch DS Phat, it will be nice to have a new one that I can take into college and... you know... play once in a while.

It's a DS Lite but upgraded and thinner

New firmware

SDHC capable card slot

Dual camera's

Slightly larger, sharper screens

Opera Web browser built-in

DSi ware can be downloaded

Can play Music

Can edit stuff with bits of software

Thats about all there is you need to know atm.

Not yet. I've been keeping my eye on there. Can't find it anywhere on the site just now aside from a competition.

A couple of people at work today got a chance to play on one of these - they weren't overly impressed - one mate said that the camera (facing you that is) isn't very nice quality at all. They did both comment on how the menu screen was a lot neater than before!

A couple of people at work today got a chance to play on one of these - they weren't overly impressed - one mate said that the camera (facing you that is) isn't very nice quality at all. They did both comment on how the menu screen was a lot neater than before!

People aren't buying it soley for the cameras... :rolleyes: they are low-res and only meant to be used for fun and maybe the odd game, it's the new interface and the Downloadable games that are where it's gonna be at. ^^

On a sidenote I want one of these but have still NOT pre-ordered... why? well I'm still concerned about the possible dead-pixel issue >> it happened with launch DS units, with the DS Lite and it will happen with the DSi as well I'm sure, however much I'd just like to order it from Play.com, I know that if I do and it ends up with a dead pixel, it'll be a bitch to return, I think I may pre-order at my local independant retailer tbh, give them a bit of custom and be safe in the knowledge that it can be easilly swapped if the dead pixel issue arises.

Just went to GAME there to look at the DSi again and seen that the console alone for £149.99 has been switched with the console and and a free accessory pack still for £149.99.

Gonna go into GAME on Tuesday with a bundle of games i'll never play again and see what I can get for trading them in, if there's a decent amount then i'll pre-order a DSi instore. Does anyone know if you can use your money from a giftcard or wherever they put the trade in money online?

Just went to GAME there to look at the DSi again and seen that the console alone for £149.99 has been switched with the console and and a free accessory pack still for £149.99.

Gonna go into GAME on Tuesday with a bundle of games i'll never play again and see what I can get for trading them in, if there's a decent amount then i'll pre-order a DSi instore. Does anyone know if you can use your money from a giftcard or wherever they put the trade in money online?

Thanks I did not now if it was online onley offer or it be in store aswell and have they got any in to play yet?

I checked a store earlier on and I couldn't see anything that said free accessory pack, but that was quite quickly I went in. I'll have another ponder tomorrow when I might pre-order instore.

I checked a store earlier on and I couldn't see anything that said free accessory pack, but that was quite quickly I went in. I'll have another ponder tomorrow when I might pre-order instore.

I thought you said you seen it.

People aren't buying it soley for the cameras... :rolleyes: they are low-res and only meant to be used for fun and maybe the odd game, it's the new interface and the Downloadable games that are where it's gonna be at. ^^

On a sidenote I want one of these but have still NOT pre-ordered... why? well I'm still concerned about the possible dead-pixel issue >> it happened with launch DS units, with the DS Lite and it will happen with the DSi as well I'm sure, however much I'd just like to order it from Play.com, I know that if I do and it ends up with a dead pixel, it'll be a bitch to return, I think I may pre-order at my local independant retailer tbh, give them a bit of custom and be safe in the knowledge that it can be easilly swapped if the dead pixel issue arises.

Thanks for pointing that out...I was obviously assuming everyone was buying one purely for the camera functionality! :shakehead Ignoring your stupid "point", I was merely stating that they (my colleagues) weren't too impressed with the camera. Or are they not allowed opinions either? It wasn't a "Heaven forbid, people can't buy these, VGA cameras won't do!", and my post was written in a way which clearly didn't suggest this. I don't mean to be a complete prick and point this out but it annoys me when absolute idiots like to read too much into something. But well done, you win first prize!

Anyways, moving on. I would get one of these. A new DS is always nice! I just don't use mine as much anymore :( I'm sure a future piece of software will finally sway me though, I'm having a hard enough time trying to put off the temptation of GTA: Chinatown Wars as it is!

I don't think you can use your trade-in money against online purchases.