NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

it supports SDHC cards.

[/speculation]

in other news, I can't wait to finally get one of these.

Me too, more excited by the day. GAME phoned me earlier talking about my pre-order and was ready to pick up for Friday and they were opening at 7am and they would know the bundles they would have on offer on Thursday.

Also, i'm not exactly sure if I picked this up right since I was on a bus at the time, but I think you can trade in 2 DS games and get any DS game for £4.99, then gave an example like how you could get GTA for a fiver.

Might do that with some old DS games for DQ V, new game on a new console. Seems a good idea :heh:

Yeah but rarely. People don't normally go on just to mess it up :heh:

I hope...

Me too, more excited by the day. GAME phoned me earlier talking about my pre-order and was ready to pick up for Friday and they were opening at 7am and they would know the bundles they would have on offer on Thursday.

Also, i'm not exactly sure if I picked this up right since I was on a bus at the time, but I think you can trade in 2 DS games and get any DS game for £4.99, then gave an example like how you could get GTA for a fiver.

Might do that with some old DS games for DQ V, new game on a new console. Seems a good idea :heh:

Doh my Game is opening at 8AM not 7AM.

I won't be picking mine up till after Uni probably, which ends at 3pm so no early morning getting for me :heh:

Doh my Game is opening at 8AM not 7AM.

Personally I'd think thats a good thing. You'll have more time to sleep.

I'm thinking I might get a DSi before I go to europe this year. For the portable web browser mostly. Although, It may save me from having to pull out my camera all the time as-well. Hopefully by then we'll get some decent downloadable stuff.

There is a very small chance that I might be able to get one of these today, unlikely but either way I'll be able to secure a unit from my local independant retailer today so that I will get one regardless of what day it comes out on, today is the earliest I can secure one though as the shop isn't going to be able to order many of them.

I just got the call as well. I would have preferred a simple message like "We are opening @8am, we have your DSi in stock. Don't forget your deposit reciept.

But instead I got all that + "We shall also be doing bundles with both hardware and games, we don't have the details yet. You can exchange your DS games as well.

Yeah it was a bit odd saying "We will have bundles....on Thursday..."

Did they mention that if you trade in 2 DS games you get any for £4.99? I hope it can get cleared up for Friday, they just had to phone me on the bus :heh:

I'm gonna trade in some games today so I can get some store credit ready for purchase day, first on the list is Sonic and the Black Knight - after reviewing it I've decided that it doesn't deserve a place in my collection - also I'm going to trade in sealed copies of Far Cry 2 and Prince of Persia which I got for cheap and never played, I know that they are most likely good games, blah blah etc but I've had them for a few months and haven't played them plus I have more than enough to play on the 360 atm so. ::shrug:

Anyway not long now. :smile:

They won't accept sealed copies. They'll give you some bs about how you could have stolen them.

I thought you would just get the same price as a normal trade in, what happened when I worked in GameStation.

http://kotaku.com/5193685/the-most-spectacular-dsi-cake-youll-ever-see

^ that is probably the greatest cake I have ever seen since the Mario Galaxy one. Really cool. Wish I had been sent it.

As for buying a DSi, I probably could have had enough money and store credit to get one from Gamestation but I think I'll wait as I'm not even using my DS lite much so there's no point in getting a DSi when it's going to suffer the same fate.

Game still havent shipped mine. Curse them for getting my hopes up early lol

Well personally havn't played on my DS for ages... so not going to pick this up but going to see how the downloadable games pan out and if anything I really want becomes available...then I may be tempted...otherwise a penny shy of £150 seems steep for an unrequired update..

Well personally havn't played on my DS for ages... so not going to pick this up but going to see how the downloadable games pan out and if anything I really want becomes available...then I may be tempted...otherwise a penny shy of £150 seems steep for an unrequired update..

Got to agree with this. I'm a little "meh" about the whole thing. Really don't care about any of the new features but I may change my mind once I see them for myself

Sorry if it's been asked before, but does the DSi support WPA security?

They won't accept sealed copies. They'll give you some bs about how you could have stolen them.

Heh, s'ok I didn't trade them in at Game, would have got less there anyway :heh: no, I traded them in at my local independant retailer who give decent trade in prices anyway...

They didn't want Prince of Persia as they allready had two copies -fair enough - but I did get £32 trade in for Sonic and the Black Knight and Far Cry 2, £14 was for Sonic and £18 for FC2, pretty good really tbh as I got what I paid for FC2 back and Sonic was a review copy, so win-win and it's all going towards a good cause, that being the DSi which of course will be used to review portable VC games when they inevitably appear. : peace:

Got to agree with this. I'm a little "meh" about the whole thing. Really don't care about any of the new features but I may change my mind once I see them for myself

Sorry if it's been asked before, but does the DSi support WPA security?

Yeah it does...one plus point for me as we don't have WEP... but its still not enough.

Yeah it does...one plus point for me as we don't have WEP... but its still not enough.

It doesn't support it retroactively, so games such as Mario Kart DS, which wasn't programmed with the DSi's extra functionality in mind, would still only support WEP, not WPA/WPA2. It's primarily for the DSi Store, the Opera Browser and other DSi-exclusive/enhanced software.

It doesn't support it retroactively, so games such as Mario Kart DS, which wasn't programmed with the DSi's extra functionality in mind, would still only support WEP, not WPA/WPA2. It's primarily for the DSi Store, the Opera Browser and other DSi-exclusive/enhanced software.

Ah right didn't realise that...bit annoying..

Mines been despatched. Though it would appear GAME have given me a duff tracking code. It's only 9 digits long instead of 13.. >_>

Mine has also been shipped :D

Please note that if your courier is shown as Parcel Force, the consignment number will not track on the Parcel Force web site until later on the day it is despatched – when Parcel Force book it in at their hub. Also, the consignment number is correct, despite appearing to be significantly different to the example shown by Parcel Force on their site.

There is a possibility I may be getting mine today, depends entirely when the shop gets it's delivery.

Erm...I havn't pre-ordered.

Will I be getting one if I intend to on Saturday afternoon?

According to the manager at my local GAME, if you haven't preordered, you definitely won't be getting one. If I were you, I'd scout some stores and find out where you can still preorder, otherwise you're going to be disappointed.

Erm...I havn't pre-ordered.

Will I be getting one if I intend to on Saturday afternoon?

If you can't pre-order, try a local independant retailer if you have one, you never know...