NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Couldn't believe my eyes when this came up during Iwata's keynote at GDC yesterday:

tcgdc.jpg

*sigh* :indeed:

Nintendo, why must you torment me like this!? :cry:

Nintendo said they're continuing to support the DS in Europe (they'd be stupid not to, considering the amount of units there are out there, they can't just abandon all of them in the hope everyone will just jump ship to the 3DS). I still believe this will see a release in Europe, though I'm beginning to think it might see a 3DS upgrade, to work hand-in-hand with its improved social features.

Is it true that Radiant Historia and Monster Tale are not yet localised for Europe?

Is it true that Radiant Historia and Monster Tale are not yet localised for Europe?

Yup, it's true.

Out of the two, Monster Tale is the most likely to come over here, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Radiant Historia. It's a shame as it got great reviews ( as did MT ) and it sold out in most places in the US, which has forced a 2nd print of the game.

Yup, it's true.

Out of the two, Monster Tale is the most likely to come over here, but I wouldn't hold my breath for Radiant Historia. It's a shame as it got great reviews ( as did MT ) and it sold out in most places in the US, which has forced a 2nd print of the game.

Even the second print of Radiant Historia, which Atlus put out on their website, sold out.

Really disappointed in the number of Atlus RPGs we've missed out on on the DS here in Europe over the last few years. In most cases, I don't think they've even considered localising because they know how the market is for DS games in Europe, which really is a shame as they've released some crackers which I'd have loved to have played and will have to try and track down on import at some point.

As for Monster Tale, aren't Majesco handling that? I'm sure I read something about the license holder for the game stating that they have no plans to bring it to Europe because of how rampant piracy is and it wouldn't be worth it for them. Again, another major disappointment and another, from the sounds of it, great DS title that's only going to be available through import.

Quite sad, because isn't it so that the NOA versions of Monster Tale and Radiant Historia won't run on my 3DS?

And I got another question for those who, .....like answering them:

Does Intelligent Systems have more developing teams, or just one?

I'm asking this, because they are obviously working on Paper Mario 3DS, but I am still rooting for Advance Wars 3D. They could pull off something seriously amazing with that series; multiple layers of depth with air-,ground-,and navy forces.

Quite sad, because isn't it so that the NOA versions of Monster Tale and Radiant Historia won't run on my 3DS?

Yes, they will. DS games are still region free except for DSi games (excluding Pokemon B/W) and Radiant Historia isn't DSi enhanced, not sure about Monster Tale though. In other words it acts like a normal DS in DS mode.

We don't get Atlus games unless someone else publishes them over here. :(

Which is normally Nintendo but seems they don't have much interest in Atlus games lately (Etrian Odyssey II & III, Trauma Centre Under the Knife 2, to name a few).

So how often do you guys play your 3DS games in 3D? I just do it for the first time I play through the game just to see what it's like, after that I just stick to 2D because it saves battery power :D

Same here. Kid Icarus look incredible in 3D but I'm ALWAYS moving it about I'm tempted to go 2D :(

So how often do you guys play your 3DS games in 3D? I just do it for the first time I play through the game just to see what it's like, after that I just stick to 2D because it saves battery power :D

3D all the way.

However...

There has been a ton of times when I've been having a game of something only to notice (after ten+ minutes!) that the 3D has been off. :blank: How it gets off and how I don't immediately notice are two matters I cannot solve.

The DSi and DSi XL are getting prices cuts in the US. I hope they do in Europe too as I'm still looking to pick up a DSi XL.

I was at Morrisons today and got Rhythm Paradise and WarioWare D.I.Y. for £5 each. Practically every game there was marked as £5 including PS3 and Wii stuff, I guess they must really want to get rid of it all.

Hey guys,

Just so you know I'm gonna unsticky this thread because it's not going to get a great deal of use anymore.

It'll still be here though so search for it if you need to.