NEurope
Dante

DS/DSi General Discussion

Unfortunately, I have no idea.

Do different brightness levels not make it less noticable? I usually keep mine on medium or lower, because there's a light leak at the top right of the touch screen.

It's pretty noticable on all of them, but probably the lest at the highest setting. I thinking of returning it tomorrow though, I was gonna try and just live with it, but it looks horrible.

Not noticed any yellow-ing on my screen so far. If it's that noticable then may aswell try and take it back.

Just seen this on GoNintendo, sorry if its old.

Listen up, gang. I just wanted to set you hip to this in a stand alone thread - and for those that haven't listened to our review on DSR.

Honestly, I can't believe there isn't rioting in the streets over this - especially since we all know Japan loves it's Karaoke (open orchestra).

The DSi is actually capable of VOCAL ELIMINATION of music! They call it INSTRUMENTAL.

Having worked karaoke gigs over the years, I've played with a lot of hardware and software vocal eliminators - and as anyone else who has - they will tell you "results vary". This is no different. Essentially what this does is mute the center-most audio of the two channels - which is typically where the vocals are. Hence, anything with dynamic separation will NOT be a good candidate for this. However, you would be AMAZED at just how well it does the job.

Plug this into your stereo, throw some songs on the SD card - and you have an instant karaoke party.

Again, I can't believe this isn't being touted as a huge selling point - since karaoke people tend to be rabid for this sort of thing.

Here is the menu item:

instrumentale.jpg

Quick question, how do I get one of my saved pics to be on the top screen when I switch my DSi on? I took a great pic of me and my 2 year old nephew and would like to have it on the start up screen.

Quick question, how do I get one of my saved pics to be on the top screen when I switch my DSi on? I took a great pic of me and my 2 year old nephew and would like to have it on the start up screen.
Go in to the album and then attach a star sticker to it.

Also, if you press L or R while in the DSi menu to start the camera, any photo you take and save will automatically be assigned a star sticker and appear on the top screen. :awesome:

Edited by RedShell

Go in to the album and then attach a star sticker to it.

Also, if you press L or R while in the DSi menu to start the camera, any photo you take and save will automatically be assigned a star sticker and appear on the top screen. :awesome:

Thank you kind sir :)

Thank you kind sir :)
No problem.: peace:

I've been messing around with the camera quite a bit today, doing loads of the merge 2 faces thing. Seriously funny, not to mention scary. :D

*EDIT*

Another neat Easter egg, this time in the DSi photo album:

:hehe:

Edited by RedShell

No problem.: peace:

I've been messing around with the camera quite a bit today, doing loads of the merge 2 faces thing. Seriously funny, not to mention scary. :D

*EDIT*

Another neat Easter egg, this time in the DSi photo album:

:hehe:

That was just made of complete and utter awesome!

Eh? Of course you can. They're simple JPG files...

Not necessarily, the Wii will only read "baseline" JPG files, not progressive ones, so if the DSi stores them as progressives they'll have to be converted using Photoshop or something else before they can be viewed on the Wii.

File types compatible with the Photo Channel

The Photo Channel can display or play files in the following formats and sizes:

Image Files:

Format: JPEG, baseline only

Size: Up to 8192x8192

Video Files:

File format: Quicktime (motion JPEG) format (MOV)

AVI (Motion JPEG) format (AVI)

Audio Files:

on Photo Channel 1.0 MP3 format

on Photo Channel 1.1 AAC format (extension .MP4, .m4a audio files)

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/sdCards.jsp#file_types

That said, I have no idea what type of JPG the DSi uses.

So, was I the only one who didn't know you need different charger for DSi? :hmm:

Now I have to wait even longer...

I got my black DSi after trading in my DS Lite and some old games at Game for £4.50. And I love it! I didn't think it'd feel like a big leap from the DS Lite, but the potential with DSiWare is just really cool. Here's hoping for some original titles and a handheld Virtual Console! Oh, and my girlfriend likes the camera channel. :P

My only gripe is that, while I really really like the matte finish, it shows up scratches quite easily. Only the kind of scratches that can be wiped off, but still... I prefer it to the glossy!

This is getting better and better. I have called the stores and checked the Internet stores, and it seems no one will have the charger in stock before the end of April. :(

Could you not get a USB DSi charger off eBay? Thinking of getting one myself as they're pretty handy.

This is getting better and better. I have called the stores and checked the Internet stores, and it seems no one will have the charger in stock before the end of April. :(

This help? Or this if you really wanted too.

Decided to look more into the DSi, youtube videos and the like and it seems there's quite a lot you can do with it. I really want one now. I just wish i hadn't traded in most my games for madworld and resi 5....

Why can't you download DS demos from the DSi Store, as opposed to thru Wii~? Or both?

Why can't you download DS demos from the DSi Store, as opposed to thru Wii~? Or both?

I don't know, t'is baffling... could be just so that it means in theory the Wii will get used more if it's switched on but I agree that it's not much good for anyone who just owns a DSi and wants to download demo's.

Personally I would like to see demo's appear on the DSi, like that Phantasy Star Zero demo that japan got, despite the game allready being out there. ><

I think im probably going to pick up the DSi next week in town once ive got more money but I wanted to check first, does anyone know how much they are instore at Game or Gamestation? I think im gonna have to trade some stuff in aswell to get it.

I tried Tetris DS (US copy) after reading your post, worked fine for me. But yeah, let us know what Nintendo say. Hopefully it's an uncommon problem.

Nintendo finally got back to me today with a pretty standardised reply that said send it to them for assessment.

Can't be bothered tbh, it's only the one game that doesn't appear to play, if the issue continues with other games I'll send it to them.