N-Europe

Owning Your Own Business

Kirkatronics

I'm sure everyone has thought about starting their own business, even if you were young.

From wanting to sell drinks from the garden, owning a corner shop, or even your own franchise.

My question is what would you like to do if you owned your own business?

Personaly i think id enjoy running a small computer shop, or a games shop.

Not really sure why, id just like to be my own boss.

A shop feels the most satisfying and personal thing, If you like whatever you're selling, or if it's a craft shop, where you aren't just selling, but making stuff too.

I'd like to own either a little shop like that, or a music shop. Maybe a record company.

I wouldn't mind owning an art supply store really. Would give me easy access to all the materials I need, plus I could display some of my art as well. =)

That, or a chocolate shop!

This. :D

You can NEVER have too much chocolate! especially in Belgium when it is so Godly. :grin:

I'd open it right next door to yours so we could share chocolate and have this friendly rivalry. :)

Also build it near an Apple Cave just incase. :p

I wouldn't mind owning an art supply store [...] or a chocolate shop!

How about an art supply store than only stocked edible materials? Chocolate paints, sherbet chalk, rice paper canvases, that sort of thing.

I've never really wanted to own a business, mainly because if you do it becomes your life. You have to sign off on loads of decisions, deal with troublesome suppliers and clients, wade through an endless sea of paperwork, and let's not even mention the financial worries. I much prefer the idea of having a job that I enjoy, but doesn't carry the responsibility of ownership; I want to be able to come home from work and be able to enjoy myself.

How about an art supply store than only stocked edible materials? Chocolate paints, sherbet chalk, rice paper canvases, that sort of thing.

I've never really wanted to own a business, mainly because if you do it becomes your life. You have to sign off on loads of decisions, deal with troublesome suppliers and clients, wade through an endless sea of paperwork, and let's not even mention the financial worries. I much prefer the idea of having a job that I enjoy, but doesn't carry the responsibility of ownership; I want to be able to come home from work and be able to enjoy myself.

Come 5pm its home time to relax and take it easy! That's why I like my job!

Couldn't deal with the hassles of a business.

I'd own an "Odd Sock Shop" where people could buy single socks to replace their own odd socks that had either gotten lost or got holes in.

I'd name the shop "Single Sock Shack" :)

I'd also have a trade in area where people could trade in their own odd socks that they didn't want to replace/had found.

i really wanna own/run a cafe...

just a small friendly independent place where people can chillax, read a book, surf the internet, chat... i love having regular customers to say hi to ~ i reeeally like being "that happy girl at the coffee shop" ^__^

@WAC i'm surprised you dont aspire to being a sewing supplies shop owner....

....what with all the threads!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!!! X___X!!

my number 1 would be to run my own Pub, always been a dream of mine, if I ever do it? I doubt it, unless there a big win one day on the lottery nope.

Second, Gameing/Internet cafe, sectioned off into games, 3 rigs of counter strike/WoW/TF2 etc etc etc. Then general Pc's for your average joe, little arcade room with some set up Street fighter, pac man, Donkey kong and some other retro's, then a nice cafe/coffee house.

3rd a Sweet Shop, something over the top that kids will love and adults too, a mini version of willy wonkas factory....jsut not everything edible..won't be good for business.

I wouldn't mind owning/running a retro game store, so selling games from all the consoles that came before the Dreamcast. Gamestation should have done it as it would have saved them destroying years and years of memories with all those retro games.

Either that or I'd really like to run a record store. I remember when there was a small record store in my local shopping centre and I used to go in all the time. It was brill. Sucks that it shut years ago. I enjoy the smaller record stores to places like HMV, Zavvi, etc.