N-Europe

The Last Nice Thing That Somebody Said About You

Fierce_LiNk

Well, I'm all for positive thinking, and the whole feel-good factor, so I thought I'd make a thread to give us all happy thoughts. AWOOOOGA! [/John Fashanu]

The time is now quarter to 12, on Friday 29th August. So, right now, time has frozen. What was the last nice thing that somebody said about you, either on this forum or in that real life of yours.

Pour moi, I was at work, and I can be a bit of a tit sometimes. Most of my colleagues think I'm on drugs, as I seem to be cheerful or happy most of the time, but I give them the same reply as I always do, which is that you need to keep smiling and rocking on. So, we've had a lot of new people joining recently, and this new lady called Abby joined up last week. We were talking about the subject of her ex, who is nice looking (fit) but a complete arsehole. Her exact sentence was:

"Booo, all men are pricks!...except you, Jim. You're nice!"

It's a really nice thing to say. Especially when most of the time acts of kindness or something can be seen as a way to get into someone's pants, or a cover up for a person's homosexuality, it made a nice change.

So, I smiled at that. That's the last thing somebody said nice about me, to me. And, that's my piece.

What is yours? When was the last time that somebody said something nice or did something wonderful for you? Go into detail. :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked my daughter if she loved mummy or daddy and she said "daddy". Ha ha, suck on that bitch! (BTW I luvs you.)

And in a more serious way, although the above tale is true, someone at work today said I had a fab idea. It was just something that came to me as we were talking about a problem. The only thing may be that it will likely lead to more work for me, but more kudos to me, but overall, more work.

I asked my daughter if she loved mummy or daddy and she said "daddy". Ha ha, suck on that bitch! (BTW I luvs you.)

that is pure brilliance ^___^

I think it would be someone saying they respected me. But it was becasue I had thrown up after eating lots of shit (like, 2 of the big packs of crisps, a couple of packs of harribo, cold Heinz Ravioli and a pot noodle) and having a few Guinnesses (which aren't exactly the lightest drink).

So I'm not sure if it counts O_o

But the last actual compliment would probably be something to do with my t-shirts. It's the only thing people compliment me on nowadays :/

"With practice you could be really good!"

My sister. I've been learning the riffs to Tori Amos songs on keyboard, despite having virutally no piano skills whatsoever. The feeling of when you nail something is still great.

"With practice you could be really good!"

My sister. I've been learning the riffs to Tori Amos songs on keyboard, despite having virutally no piano skills whatsoever. The feeling of when you nail something is still great.

Ive always wanted to learn piano, but fingers would probobly be too clumpy =[

Ive always wanted to learn piano, but fingers would probobly be too clumpy =[

I have extremely bad hand-eye co-oridination in fast-paced situations (ok in things like life drawing and art, where you aren't particularly rushed) like racket sports and piano. So I don't even try and learn the left hand, I know I wouldn't be able to play both at once, my brain can't put both hands together properly.

Well, I'm all for positive thinking, and the whole feel-good factor, so I thought I'd make a thread to give us all happy thoughts. AWOOOOGA! [/John Fashanu]

The time is now quarter to 12, on Friday 29th August. So, right now, time has frozen. What was the last nice thing that somebody said about you, either on this forum or in that real life of yours.

Pour moi, I was at work, and I can be a bit of a tit sometimes. Most of my colleagues think I'm on drugs, as I seem to be cheerful or happy most of the time, but I give them the same reply as I always do, which is that you need to keep smiling and rocking on. So, we've had a lot of new people joining recently, and this new lady called Abby joined up last week. We were talking about the subject of her ex, who is nice looking (fit) but a complete arsehole. Her exact sentence was:

"Booo, all men are pricks!...except you, Jim. You're nice!"

It's a really nice thing to say. Especially when most of the time acts of kindness or something can be seen as a way to get into someone's pants, or a cover up for a person's homosexuality, it made a nice change.

So, I smiled at that. That's the last thing somebody said nice about me, to me. And, that's my piece.

What is yours? When was the last time that somebody said something nice or did something wonderful for you? Go into detail. :)

Nice idea to lift the spirits but what about the people who cant remember the last time? I mean, I just thought, It probably has been done, maybe I blanked it. I cant remember the precise last compliment, although it was probably along the lines of 'your funny'. I mean c'mon I know that already! Im like crack.

I can't really remember many from my close friends, since guys generally tend to be dicks to each other unless they get really drunk and confess their true feelings within a heartfelt rendition of "I want it that way."

Anyway, the last thing that anyone said that actually made me feel good was. Shit, I can't remember. Anyway, it's almost impossible to make me feel good unless you stick your tongue in my mouth.

The last compliment i can remember was many years ago when someone said "You're like a big teddy bear"... actually i'm not sure if i should be taking that as a compliment. I can't remember who said it, although i know it was a girl (thank god).