N-Europe

Funfax, A Nostalgia Thread

ReZourceman

I used to have one of these!!!!!! I can't find it! :cry:

...at least I still have my Talkboy :)

talkboy.jpg

What good memories of recording people's conversations when I was 9...not realising some of them shouldn't be heard, lmao.

Oh my god they were amazing. I had a little shitty one (don't even thing it was a talkboy) but my mate had one of those.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I am in awe of you DudeI'mnotblackseriouslyDazz. I always wanted a talkboy. I used to look in the Argos book all the time, as a child, thinking about the day when I would have my own Talkboy.

Then, I turned a year older, and Argos stopped selling them. That day, a small part of me died. I call it my childhood.

Magazines from the days of old:

Treasures003.jpg

The cartoon that went with that How My Body Works magazine was amazing. I may still have one of the videos that came with one of the issues. Lost the body though.

Treasures004.jpg

Lost the glasses sadly.

Treasures005.jpg

OMG! When I was in Africa one of the kids had just got those books and they were like his favourite books!

I went to watch that live. It was awesome.

From my youth:

P240110_1218.jpg

The eagle eyed amongst you who have watched Moon will have noticed Take Off in the background in the main guys room IIRC. It was definately somewhere.

Edited by Goafer

Magazines from the days of old:

Treasures003.jpg

The cartoon that went with that How My Body Works magazine was amazing. I may still have one of the videos that came with one of the issues. Lost the body though.

Treasures005.jpg

Yes! I loved the My Body series. Had most of the book (and the plastic body parts that came with it of course), and the series on tv was great haha (we owned one or two tapes I think). They also have a series on human history I think, though I'm not sure they ever had books to go with that. But yeah, it was great!

And we also collected the stones, though we never got them all. They kinda looked a bit fake anyway haha. We had some real stones we got from different places and those look so much nicer. Plus no stupid glue stuck to them. =P

Maaan! I had the dinosaur mags, the Find Out More ones (for a while) but my main ones were Maps of the World and Money of the World. Awesome.

Find Out More was, like, a weekly installment of wikipedia. Totally amazing. Hope my kids can have the same sort of experience - i.e. carefully peeling the pages away from teh binding glue trying (but often failing) to not rip the pages.

Similarly with sticker albums, will my kids ever experience the agony of accidentally placing a sticker in wonky? Or the pain of buying two packets and finding nothing but swaps?!

Paj; it's weird to see what you're nostalgic about :P The other stuff on this page genuinely contributes to many of my earliest memories. Ah, young people! Lol :P

Find Out More was, like, a weekly installment of wikipedia. Totally amazing. Hope my kids can have the same sort of experience - i.e. carefully peeling the pages away from teh binding glue trying (but often failing) to not rip the pages.

Ahhh I had something like that! Every week you'd get a new package, with different folded pages, each containing lots of information about something specific. And you'd have to put it in different categories in a binder. It was huuuuuuge. I never read it all of course, but I probably picked up a few things from it. =)

rike

This has made my day.

I had every edition! :D

I even did a talk at primary school using these magazines.

EXACTLY this! Had every edition and did a talk on dinosaurs using them. Awesome. Totally forgot about this but those 3D glasses bring it all back.

EDIT: Talking of Dinosaurs! I used to collect a magazine that was similar but for all animals in general. Can't remember what it was called but I had folders and folders of the things.

Also I had quite a few of a classical music one for kids, used to enjoy listening to the free CD's at night as they sent me to sleep. Can't remember what that was called either... Help?! Aha! The Magical Music Box!

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

Paj; it's weird to see what you're nostalgic about :P The other stuff on this page genuinely contributes to many of my earliest memories. Ah, young people! Lol :P

Hmm. Well I recognise none of this dinosuar or bug stuff, but I'm probably on the younger scale of members here.

rike

EXACTLY this! Had every edition and did a talk on dinosaurs using them. Awesome. Totally forgot about this but those 3D glasses bring it all back.

EDIT: Talking of Dinosaurs! I used to collect a magazine that was similar but for all animals in general. Can't remember what it was called but I had folders and folders of the things.

Also I had quite a few of a classical music one for kids, used to enjoy listening to the free CD's at night as they sent me to sleep. Can't remember what that was called either... Help?! Aha! The Magical Music Box!

Shit shit! I had the animal one too! Just remembered. I think I remember what it was called....dun dun....*Googles*

Oh! Actually, there was another one that I didn't have, that I might be thinking of, but this is the one I had. Ebay won't let me copy the picture.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ANIMAL-WORLD-MAGAZINE-ISSUE-6-CHIMPANZEES_W0QQitemZ200431372834QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Magazines?hash=item2eaaa40a22#ht_500wt_1182

I also had Techno Quest which was a magazine encyclapedia with Wallace and Gromit in, but can't find any pictures anywhere!

This thread in general brings back so many memories of my child-hood. All those collections of stuff that was cool to own back in the day, now it is all "I-Phone this, and all that".

It would take a flipping miracle to find everything i had when i was younger, as it is all in the attic of no return (basically it is a dump up there). I can remember some of it though.

• Ghostbusters Stuff (House, Car, Slimer (w/t Slime), Characters, Stay-Puft and a Proton Pak (which i wore one halloween)
  • Original Power Ranger Zords (none of those modern ones)
  • Fun-Fax(s)
  • Pogs
  • Tazo's (got a complete set of Star Wars ones somewhere)
  • Thunderbirds (inc the Tracy Island made from the Blue Peter instructions, various Thunderbird craft inc Thunderbirds 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5). I've still got those Blue Peter instructions somewhere as well.

There is bound to be more somewhere. I even collected a few of them Dinosaur magazines w/t 3D glasses. I've even got a stack of old Beano and Dandy annuals in my wardrobe, under all the clothes.

I got my the Star Wars Tazos too, collection on me bookshelf. What took the piss were those ones which were exclusive to Doritos, because Doritos taste like crap.

It was lucky i liked them, i think the 150th one was limited to multi-packs of something (and that the 150th one was rare anyway, limited numer i think)

Does anybody remember Sliders? I really liked watching it on BBC2 when I was a kid and just happened to see it being shown on TV in Paris when I was over there. It's a shame it was in French!

I am watching it now after 10 years of absence and its greeatttt! Series 1 & 2 are just £12 on Amazon.

• 1 month later...