N-Europe

Do You Think You Could Survive...

Kirkatronics

To be honest, I'd be looking at escaping rather than surviving. You can only survive for so long. I'd want to get back to civilisation.

Unless, I happened to like it there. It could be quite peaceful. In which case, I'd give it a go. The hardest part would be hunting for food, and that would either make it or break it for me.

For a long time when I was 12 or 13, I was convinced I was going to go to the Amazon Rainforest and live on my own in the woods. I even used to practice washing my hair in streams, and even eating meat in preparation :o Looking back I was a total idiot though - I'd still like to visit.

Despite my extensive planning, I probably couldn't survive more than a few weeks. Living in a remote place, I know how to make shelters and fires etc, but its different in a forest with poisonous insects and dangers!! Also the heat.

I'd say that humans are a very resilient and adaptive species, so most of us could survive for a very long time once we knuckled down to it.

So much as taking the giblets out of a chicken makes me feel rather ill at the moment, and I can't say I'm a fan of having things crawling over me. However, I imagine that if I had to survive then I'd be able to move past those things relatively quickly.

I'd almost say that my body would be able to go on whilst I died a bit more each day, though. It would be surviving, not living, and the former is a base instinct; be dominated by it for long enough and you'll start to lose your identity along the way.

I'd somehow get eaten by a whale even though it's in the middle of a jungle...

I don't think I would survive, I'm not very resourceful. I wouldn't know where to begin!

On the flip side I'd some how stumble about and enter a village and adapt to their customs and live the rest of my life in peace. :)

well, if its in about 5 years, and ive had lazer eye surgery, id have a better chance. contact lenses dont travle well. outher then that, id say i could survive a few days, if i had a machette that is, if you dont, your likly to get deaded.

i do know how to make a bamboo hut that collects rain water mind.

Guest Jordan
For a long time when I was 12 or 13, I was convinced I was going to go to the Amazon Rainforest and live on my own in the woods. I even used to practice washing my hair in streams, and even eating meat in preparation :o Looking back I was a total idiot though - I'd still like to visit.

Despite my extensive planning, I probably couldn't survive more than a few weeks. Living in a remote place, I know how to make shelters and fires etc, but its different in a forest with poisonous insects and dangers!! Also the heat.

Sorry, but i fucking rofl'd at this.

Heh, I think I would probably die in a day... most likely from tripping over some roots and breaking my neck. =P

But seriously, I don't think I would physically be able to hunt, or smart enough to set up a working trap. So I would need to eat berries and the like, and you never know which ones are poisonous... so yeah I wouldn't survive very long.

Guest Jordan

Although i'd like to think that i have a decent enough survival instinct, i'd probably be killed by the first snake i see...