N-Europe

lols, Sheffield Meet Sat Sept 20th '08

jayseven

Botanical Gardens

Sheffield Botanical Gardens cover 19 acres and were first opened in 1836. Originally designed by Robert Marnock in the Gardenesque style, the site now has fifteen different garden areas featuring collections of plants from all over the world, including Mediterranean, Asian, American prairie-style, woodland and rock-and-water plantings. The National Collections of Weigela and Diervilla are sited here. The Gardens contain several listed buildings including the restored Grade II* listed curvilinear Glass Pavilions, some of the earliest ever built, which were officially re-opened by HRH The Prince of Wales on 1 September 2003

Why the fuck?

Apart from the arnie thing to dan? :heh:

Well I asked for his number, didn't text/ring him to provide him with mine, to inform later via some surprising manner. I did so recently.

I first sent a text along the lines of "Hi this is Jenny, we met on Friday. I was wondering if you fancied meeting for dinner this weekend?"

As he was writing a "Sorry wrong number" text, he got the big surprise text, "But I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your GOD DAMN SPINE!"

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheffield Botanical Gardens cover 19 acres and were first opened in 1836. Originally designed by Robert Marnock in the Gardenesque style, the site now has fifteen different garden areas featuring collections of plants from all over the world, including Mediterranean, Asian, American prairie-style, woodland and rock-and-water plantings. The National Collections of Weigela and Diervilla are sited here. The Gardens contain several listed buildings including the restored Grade II* listed curvilinear Glass Pavilions, some of the earliest ever built, which were officially re-opened by HRH The Prince of Wales on 1 September 2003

Why the fuck?

Well I asked for his number, didn't text/ring him to provide him with mine, to inform later via some surprising manner. I did so recently.

I first sent a text along the lines of "Hi this is Jenny, we met on Friday. I was wondering if you fancied meeting for dinner this weekend?"

As he was writing a "Sorry wrong number" text, he got the big surprise text, "But I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your GOD DAMN SPINE!"

Providing the weather is good a botanical garden would be nice to relax and stuff like that for a while, before (or after) hitting the pub. The last one took place in Hyde Park to be fair.

And we all know Dan would say "yeah meet you at 8 at [such a such place]" and hope for a hottie.

I will be driving over - where can I leave my car? Is there free parking nearby, or does anyone have a solution?

I'll be driving over from Macclesfield in the morning - if anyone from the nearby area needs a lift over I can swing by their area and pick them up. Petrol contributions welcomed. :heh:

I will be driving over - where can I leave my car? Is there free parking nearby, or does anyone have a solution?

I'll be driving over from Macclesfield in the morning - if anyone from the nearby area needs a lift over I can swing by their area and pick them up. Petrol contributions welcomed. :heh:

You can park down our road, there's usually a few spaces early/midday and unlike most of the student areas, it's not permit parking. I won't be there early in the morning but j7 should be about.

... Woolfiablo? XD

I can't help but worry where this is going to end. Is this the humble beginning of a twisted, sadistic cult whose members engage in massive sexual orgies?

... Because if it is, I want to sign up! :D

Seconded!

I can't help but feel I've been missing out by not attending these meet ups. Haggis is sad. :p