N-Europe

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

Daft

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkey...jammy jammy jammy dodgers. They are like Greece. Shite but somehow win.

Half of everything is luck, James.

They're jammy, but they kinda symbolise football...never write any team off. They'll come back to bite you in the buh-ttocks later. Never say die!

Still, through the entire match, Croatia were the better team. They must be feeling pretty gutted. But, if you don't finish teams off by scoring goals, you run the risk of being punished yourself, and that's what has happened here.

I've got a feeling that Germany will obliterate Turkey. Especially because Turkey are going to be missing a couple of key players. Volkan is still out through suspension, right? So is Tuncay and Arda. That's three key players, against a very strong and ever-improving Germany side.

You are right, Mr. Villan.

It's annoying when your team battles for 90 minutes and still manages to lose, but thats why you need to take your chances. Croatia didn't take theirs, or they didn't take enough of them. That's why teams like Germany and Holland try to win games by clear margins, it means that even if the other team does sneak a goal, you'll still be ok.

I knew there was a reason I sat through the first 119 minutes of that. I wanted Croatia to win but I actually punched the air when Turkey equalized, then sat with my mouth wide open watching the replay. Unbelievable.

Germany will beat them in the semi though, they're missing so many players.

Well gutted that my boys Croatia got knocked out and can't really believe it! They had literally won. I knew they wouldn't win the shoot out, They obviously couldn't pick themselves up and most of their takers looked scared and nervous. Rustu got a let off as his clanger for the goal was ridiculous.

I reckon this is one of the best tournaments since France '98 which is odd seeing as there are no British teams to support in it. I think it's just refreshing to enjoy games from an unbiased perspective without massive amounts of media hyperbole and commentators mentioning Englands chances of winning every single game. Having said that it I've still seen updates on Englands training and interviews with Capello at half time in some games, despite it having absolutely nothing to do with the match in question.

Was totally gutted for Croatia yesterday, they completely deserved to go through. Bloody lucky Turks, that shot game out of nowhere.

I reckon this is one of the best tournaments since France '98 which is odd seeing as there are no British teams to support in it. I think it's just refreshing to enjoy games from an unbiased perspective without massive amounts of media hyperbole and commentators mentioning Englands chances of winning every single game. Having said that it I've still seen updates on Englands training and interviews with Capello at half time in some games, despite it having absolutely nothing to do with the match in question.

Was totally gutted for Croatia yesterday, they completely deserved to go through. Bloody lucky Turks, that shot game out of nowhere.

Screw '98. Best since '96! And yeah, the lack of pressure and england bias has made it far more enjoyable.

Russia are still hanging in there- I'm going for them in this one purely cos they are the underdogs and because of Hiddink. I don't dislike the Dutch at all, but well, the hype gathering around them just makes me wanna rebel and support mother Russia!

Harrasho!