N-Europe

Selling Wii - Wanting PS3

dwarf

I'm actually bored of the Wii now, I own all of the games I'm remotely interested in and I can't see anything on the horizon. Yes there is E3, but that is true for every console. I'm looking at my collection, there's been some good games, but there isn't really anything to get my teeth stuck into, a proper-fun-challening-game. The majority of the games I've completed and the multiplayer aspects are just tiring now. I was thinking last week that I shouldn't sell my Wii, but other than Brawl I rarely play it. A couple of mates recently got their PS3s and now I want to jump on the bandwagon because I think they are awesome. Hitch is that I don't have to money. Also, one chum has a Wii so if I get the urge to play something I can go round his. MGS4 is coming out too!

(I'm putting this in this board because I'm sure most of you understand my position, you probably have a PS3/360 and you'll probably not complain half as much about me selling the system than on the Wii board)

OK, so if I sold everything in one lot it would be very easy but I doubt it would maximise my profits.

Should I sell each game seperately and then the Wii on it's own?

Should I sell it all as one bundle?

Should I sell some of my games with the console and sell some of them seperately?

Then there's the controllers...

I was thinking the 3rd option is best because the big games you could sell seperately, and maybe bundle the weaker ones. Also I think if sold as one lot I wouldn't get the moneys worth from each game - if I was selling 7 games and a Wii with 5 VC games and 2 pairs of controllers I doubt people would want to spend 400 quid in one go.

I have seen one Ebay bundle with just Wii Fit and a couple of other games go for 350 however.

Here are the games I still have (already traded a couple in).

Brawl + Freeloader - If I sold this soon I think this could make a bundle go for a lot of money. Say I advertised it by stating 'play brawl 2 weeks early' that would get a lot of attention.

Wii sports (bundle methinks)

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Excite Truck

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

5 VC games:

Paper Mario

Super Mario World

Super Metroid

Gradius

Kid Chameleon

How do you think I should advertise, what should I sell and how should I sell?

Would it be wise to get a friend/aquantance to buy from me so that we both get a good deal?

: peace:

Quoted for Truth! MGS4 will pwn all though when it comes out :heh: but... what about after that? :blank:

Yeah...

There's more than just MGS4, so people are doing just what happened at the start of the PS2 and just limiting the console to the well known games.

I'm actually bored of the Wii now, I own all of the games I'm remotely interested in and I can't see anything on the horizon. Yes there is E3, but that is true for every console. I'm looking at my collection, there's been some good games, but there isn't really anything to get my teeth stuck into, a proper-fun-challening-game. The majority of the games I've completed and the multiplayer aspects are just tiring now. I was thinking last week that I shouldn't sell my Wii, but other than Brawl I rarely play it. A couple of mates recently got their PS3s and now I want to jump on the bandwagon because I think they are awesome. Hitch is that I don't have to money. Also, one chum has a Wii so if I get the urge to play something I can go round his. MGS4 is coming out too!

(I'm putting this in this board because I'm sure most of you understand my position, you probably have a PS3/360 and you'll probably not complain half as much about me selling the system than on the Wii board)

OK, so if I sold everything in one lot it would be very easy but I doubt it would maximise my profits.

Should I sell each game seperately and then the Wii on it's own?

Should I sell it all as one bundle?

Should I sell some of my games with the console and sell some of them seperately?

Then there's the controllers...

I was thinking the 3rd option is best because the big games you could sell seperately, and maybe bundle the weaker ones. Also I think if sold as one lot I wouldn't get the moneys worth from each game - if I was selling 7 games and a Wii with 5 VC games and 2 pairs of controllers I doubt people would want to spend 400 quid in one go.

I have seen one Ebay bundle with just Wii Fit and a couple of other games go for 350 however.

Here are the games I still have (already traded a couple in).

Brawl + Freeloader - If I sold this soon I think this could make a bundle go for a lot of money. Say I advertised it by stating 'play brawl 2 weeks early' that would get a lot of attention.

Wii sports (bundle methinks)

Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Excite Truck

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

5 VC games:

Paper Mario

Super Mario World

Super Metroid

Gradius

Kid Chameleon

How do you think I should advertise, what should I sell and how should I sell?

Would it be wise to get a friend/aquantance to buy from me so that we both get a good deal?

: peace:

I guess checking out eBay/AVForums Classifieds and working out how much you can get for everything individually and as a bundle is the best way. Time and effort :p

Anything is better than the Wii... Yes, even a kick in the teeth.

Yup. Mine'll be going up for sale shortly, just want to complete Fire Emblem and Smash Bros first, then i might pick up Mario Galaxy. After that im done.

The PS3 is a much better buy right now. As many good games out as the Wii has, but with a lot more on the horrizon!

(This'll be the second Wii i've sold. It really does get old very quickly)

I think your best bet is to check out how much all the games go for individually on eBay, if they don't go for very much throw the cheap games in with the Wii.

I think selling the Wii + Wii Fit with maybe 1 or 2 other games would be a good idea. Those extra games might clinch the deal for someone who's looking to get Wii Fit and wants a few cheap other games. Then shove all the other games on individually but link to them from your Wii auction. Remember to tell people about your VC games in the Wii auction!

Oh and btw, I would personally go for a 360 over a PS3. :heh:

^^ That's your perrogative.

I just find the PS3 to have more appealing games, non-pay online so that I don't have to worry about using it enough. The PSN is quality, the downloads and demos are really cool.

Tekken

MGS4

Ratchet and Clank

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

plus loads of games I can borrow from friends = win

I find the system easier to use, and it isnt as rickety as a 360.

and there is a CeX but I don't think it would offer me the best deal would it?

I've never looked at what they offer (actually, at Christmas they were buying Wii's off people for more than the RRP, and selling them on even dearer) but like I said, they sell Wii's and Wii games for horrendous prices- even at this time of the year. The other week I saw Mario Kart being sold at £45 for example. I'd imagine that if they are selling the stuff for such prices, then they would have good trade in's too. It might be worth considering and checking out!

TBH theres not much you have thats worth a great deal. Wiis are in stock everywhere now so with 5 VC games might make £170 with an extra nunchuck and controller £200 at a push. You have to include sports with that aswell.

I would bundle in SSBB and the loader because very very soon you wont be able to get rid of it. Most people know about importing games now and imports are not worth as much as PAL when the PAL version is out.

I would sell Zelda and Galaxy seperate, sell the Resi's as a package and sell truck and metroid as a "play these Wii calssics" package.

and there is a CeX but I don't think it would offer me the best deal would it?

If you go to their website and type everything in you will see what kind of price you will get off them.

EDIT: Im bored so I have done it for you :) 1st price cash 2nd exchange.

Wii Console: £111.00 £132.00

Resident Evil 4: £10.00 £14.00

Resident Evil UC: £14.00 £20.00

Excite Truck: £7.00 £10.00

Mario Galaxy: £13.00 £18.00

Metroid Prime 3: £10.00 £15.00

Zelda: £12.00 £18.00

If you go to their website and type everything in you will see what kind of price you will get off them.

EDIT: Im bored so I have done it for you :) 1st price cash 2nd exchange.

Wii Console: £111.00 £132.00

Resident Evil 4: £10.00 £14.00

Resident Evil UC: £14.00 £20.00

Excite Truck: £7.00 £10.00

Mario Galaxy: £13.00 £18.00

Metroid Prime 3: £10.00 £15.00

Zelda: £12.00 £18.00

You could trade in and get a ps3 from cex

Quoted for Truth! MGS4 will pwn all though when it comes out :heh: but... what about after that? :blank:

Yeah...

Oh you know just usual like Little Big Planet, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, GT5, Final Fnatasy, Tekken.

I'm really getting sick of saying this now.

To be fair though, not only do all Killzone games suck, but you're talking about playing an FPS with a Playstation controller. GT5 is a snooze fest. The thing is though, PS3 is actually starting to look far more promising than Wii. Hell, I'm thinking of getting one just so I can play upscaled PS2 titles.

I like all of the controllers, and i think FPS is great on PS3.

This is what I'm doing:

Ebay

1. Wii + 2 pairs of controllers, Mario Galaxy, Wii sports and Excite Truck + 5 VC games

2. Resident Evil 4 + Resident Evil UC

3. Brawl + Freeloader

I am selling Corruption and Zelda to a friend I think.