N-Europe

MadWorld

marcel

you know, its funny, look at rambo, its a very graphicly violent film, yet it got realeased.

madworld is arguably equaly as violent, but in an unrealistic way. apparently its more offencive to show big red strings coming out of people then limbs being blown off cambodian vilagers.

Exactly. We live in a world where people just cannot think rationally about these things. I think there needs to be a serious campaign against ignorance to this kind of thing. I agree that a 10 year old shouldn't be playing this game or anything else rated "M" or 18+ ect. But some people just go too far to demote things they know nothing about. People don't shoot up their schools because they've played FPS games, they do it because they've been bullied. If they go around shooting police officers because they've played GTA, then there's something wrong with them mentally. What about the Millions of people who play violent video games and then don't commit crimes. Just because some studies show that games make people more emotionally active or whatever, doesn't meant that people are going to commit the crimes. Thats part of what growing up is about, learning to control these things, thats why kids shouldn't be playing these games. And about kids being able to buy the games with parents with them, its not the fault of the government, the ESRB (other rating boards), the store, or the game developer, its the fault of the parent for buying the game for the kid. And that isn't something that should be stopped because that makes it unfair for the 15 year old gamer who is already more emotionally mature than most adults, ect. Nintendo, rockstar, whoever aren't training children to be serial killers, they're giving them the opportunity to have fun and be free without doing any damage. Lets not forget that violence in games is based off of real violence, not the other way around. And the crime rate would probably be higher without violent games, if kids are in their homes playing games, they can't at the same time be out on the street steeling cars and getting drunk.

[/rant]

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i was always met with a "whatever" mentality when i wanted violent films or games, my parents didnt mind, as they figured that at the age of 10, i was big enough to distinguish reality from fiction, and low and behold, they were right! at 21 ive been killing monsters, people, aliens and animals for more then half my life, and it is not a trend i continue outside the relm of fiction.

well, i was always met with a "whatever" mentality when i wanted violent films or games, my parents didnt mind, as they figured that at the age of 10, i was big enough to distinguish reality from fiction, and low and behold, they were right! at 21 ive been killing monsters, people, aliens and animals for more then half my life, and it is not a trend i continue outside the relm of fiction.

Same here (except im only 14, i didn't get yet to the 21 Years stage :P)

It is somewhat silly really. I remember being around 12 maybe, and wanting to buy Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for the GC. My mum was in the shop opposite with my sister getting clothes, I had no interest so had gone across to GAME. The guy refused to sell it to me as it was a 15, so I just walked over to the other shop, told my mum, and she came across and bought me it.

Fair enough that was just Tony Hawk and the limit of its gore was a red splat on the ground when you fell, but you know.

It is somewhat silly really. I remember being around 12 maybe, and wanting to buy Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 for the GC. My mum was in the shop opposite with my sister getting clothes, I had no interest so had gone across to GAME. The guy refused to sell it to me as it was a 15, so I just walked over to the other shop, told my mum, and she came across and bought me it.

Fair enough that was just Tony Hawk and the limit of its gore was a red splat on the ground when you fell, but you know.

rules are rules though..

Sometimes ratings are ridiculous.. We all know if a game has a gun of any sort in it it becomes 12s(even metroid prime) and any gore becomes 15s(even as you say tony hawk)

First it's the Daily Mail, now It's The Sun... :shakehead

AN ultra-violent new computer game should be banned in the UK, watchdogs urged yesterday.

MadWorld lets players impale enemies on road signs, rip out their hearts and execute them with chainsaws and daggers.

It is made exclusively for the Nintendo Wii — and looks set to wreck the popular console’s family-friendly image.

John Beyer, of Mediawatch-uk, said: “This sounds very unsavoury. I hope it is not granted a classification to be marketed in Britain.”

Makers Sega say the game only has cartoon-style fantasy violence.

Wont it be good for the game to get media attention?

To a certain point. If all the media is bashing it like crazy it will probably get banned. What I mean though is that, yes maybe it will ruin Nintendo's family friendly image, but that's what's holding them back from getting alot of sales from Fadders, ect. I think the majority of gamers want the image ruined.

Are you calling your parents dumb? :nono: :P

Anyways, let them have their fun, the fact is that this game won't be banned in England, maybe in Germany, with a bit of luck, but the argument of Black and White and Comic Commentary will take much of the possible psychological trauma to childrens, also, if parents are so scared about it, then don't freaking buy it, it isn't that hard :S

I had nothing planned for my youtube channel this week, but this news gave me reason to rant about something. I doubt the game would get banned in the UK anyway, not if their main argument is "the game is too violent to be on the Wii". Who are they to decide that? And their basically saying, it would be ok if it were on the PS3 or 360 :heh:

Mokong you are a youtube God. :bowdown:

Unfortunately people take The Sun and the Daily Fail seriously. :/ I know people who read them and when I try and talk sense back into them it is like talking to something thicker than a brick wall... (I'm working on that phrase. :heh:)

Meh I'm almost 18 anyway just over 2 months. :yay: I hope they don't ban this game it would be ridiculous if they do and censoring will annoy me as well. No More Heroes managed to work something out but it's not quite the same.

I'd prefer potential killers or whatever us gamers are meant to be, to be occupied with a videogame killing virtual people than having nothing to do so then going out and causing trouble. :)

I'm sorry that post didn't go anywhere!

Mokong you are a youtube God. :bowdown:

Meh I'm almost 18 anyway just over 2 months. :yay: I hope they don't ban this game it would be ridiculous if they do and censoring will annoy me as well. No More Heroes managed to work something out but it's not quite the same.

!

no more heroes was never really thretened though.. In europe it just had a very weak publisher who wouln't take any chances.

who knows why the blood was taken out for japan.

The Sun and Daily Mail shouldn't be taken serious.

I don't even live in Britain, and I know that... Even if it does get banned, you're all free to import it frome here.

They might do like No More Heroes and censor it and then all of Europe gets screwed... At least Germany bans its games without screwing the rest of us. You know what, join the US you damn UKanians let them deal with you crazy people.

From GoNintendo

“Mad World (sic) has yet to be classified and so no one should have seen it. Fortunately, there is enough information about it in the public domain to enable judgments to be formed. This is sufficient for anyone to express concern about the self proclaimed and stylised brutality the game contains. It will be up to the BBFC to grant or refuse a classification and whether or not they listen to our concerns or give in to the demands of the industry.†- Mediawatch-UK’s director John Beyer

So yes…according to Mr. Beyer, you don’t have to see a finished product to make a final judgment. He’s got all the info he needs to bitch up a storm. Also, you have to love the way that last sentence is worded.

It will be up to the BBFC to grant or refuse a classification and whether or not they listen to our concerns or give in to the demands of the industry.

I don’t often have smoke pouring out of my ears…but this is one of those instances. I am going to stop myself before I start spouting dirty words.

They might do like No More Heroes and censor it and then all of Europe gets screwed... At least Germany bans its games without screwing the rest of us. You know what, join the US you damn UKanians let them deal with you crazy people.

This from Gonintendo

Germany is notorious for their extremely strict game laws, and Sega knows it. That’s exactly the reason why Sega will not be releasing House of the Dead: Overkill or MadWorld in Germany. If both titles were to head to Germany, they would have to see some major cuts. It doesn’t look like Sega is willing to compromise the vision of each game by watering it down. It’s a shame really…both games look to be high points for the Wii.

Looks to me like there not going to make any stupid cuts, to ensure an easy ride through the classification system.