Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Iron Man

Iun

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just came out of a cinema here in the philippines after watching this, really enjoyed it. Won't say too much as i don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but it was a good opening movie to the series, and if it follows the trend of other films that opened with good "origin" stories, the 2nd film (you know they'll be one) will be even better, and the 3rd will be a messed up pile of cash-in shit that the studios didn't bother to do to the same standard as the previous 2. :heh:

I just came out of a cinema here in the philippines after watching this, really enjoyed it. Won't say too much as i don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but it was a good opening movie to the series, and if it follows the trend of other films that opened with good "origin" stories, the 2nd film (you know they'll be one) will be even better, and the 3rd will be a messed up pile of cash-in shit that the studios didn't bother to do to the same standard as the previous 2. :heh:
I dunno, it could go any way if you look at recent trilogies:

Spiderman: Great, Great, Crap Cash-in,

Pirates: Great, Good, Good,

Matrix: Great, Good, Poor,

Shrek: Great, Great, Poor Cash-in,

LotR: Great, Great, Great [helped by being filmed all at once]

New Star Wars: Good, Meh, Great,

Obvoiusly opinions will change...

Just hope it doesn't go the way of Spiderman!

Did you guys stay till after the credits?

Apparently theres an awesome scene.

It is quite awesome

It shows Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson about to tell Tony Stark about the "Avengers Initiative"

well, that was a good film. best of the marvels by a country mile, second in comic films only to batman begins (not counting sin city or 300, or blade come to think of it).

id have made it darker, more violent (id have stamped on the afgans if id been in the suit, which would have look awsome).

and going by the trailers, this looks like a good summer of films, to make up for last years awfull effort. even the new hulk looked ok!

Holy fucking bitch nigger shit smoker, that was absolutely fucking amazing.

That movie fucking kicked so much ass its not even slightly funny. I freaking loved that so much.

At the first MarkIII action scene, my jaw was on the floor and I had tears in my eyes it was so good.

After the credits spoiler

OH MY FUCK! FYCJK! OOOAHAAHHHH!!!! I FUCKING SCREAMED OUT LOUD. I fucking screamed uncontrollably. There was only one other person who stayed behind and they looked around and smiled. That was so fucking fucking fucking awesome. Hulk is going to be absolutely sick.

I am so damn excited about ; After credits bit, and Iron Man 2.

That probably tops Batman Begins as the best comic book movie in my books.

What a film, I thought it was brilliant, virtually flawless, I enjoyed it beginning to end, laughed a lot, thought it looked as good as, if not better, than transformers for mechanical cgi wizardry. They did a really great job :) I wasn't expecting that much so it was a great night.

OH MY FUCK! FYCJK! OOOAHAAHHHH!!!! I FUCKING SCREAMED OUT LOUD. I fucking screamed uncontrollably. There was only one other person who stayed behind and they looked around and smiled. That was so fucking fucking fucking awesome. Hulk is going to be absolutely sick.

That was so awesome. Only 3 people including myself and my g/f, in a packed screen, saw that :D Brilliant.

I was not dissapointed :) I knew nothing of the comic, just that I thought the character looked dull - now I think he's absolutely great. Downey Jr was awesome, as were his robots. Even if some of the bits were predictable they were still carried out with a twist (thrusters at 25%? Proof Tony Stark has a heart?)...

Man, I really liked it. Really did. Shame I was really rather pissed when I saw it - my bladder was THROBBING for about an hour and a half of the film so I was kinda tapping my foot during the last fight and didn't get to appreciate it. As soon as the credits rolled I was up n' out to the bogs and didn't get to see the scene, which is a shame. But yeah; I'm an iron man fan now :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!