N-Europe

Hang Overs!

Kirkatronics

You ever had a hang over? Felt a bit sick/dehydrated/sore head, no biggie

What does it feel like? Bleh.

How often do you get em? Don't drink anymore

What causes them for you? Vodka.

Plenty of water helps when you go home. I drink so much that i'm completely full and it makes me feel better. Also not going to bed straight away after coming home helps.

You clearly haven't drunk enough then >.>

Only had one, but i certainly didn't enjoy it, i kept feeling like i was gonna throw up and was cold and shakey, which i guess means i was still drunk but hey, let live and learn *sigh*

What causes them? A birthday guy getting free shots for me, i don't remember what else...

Yes, I had too much to drink at a party in town. The when I was merry, I didn't notice someone spiking me drink with gin. (I'm a little slow when I've been drinking) and I started feeling ill. I passed out, and got taken home.

I woke up with a massive headache, throwing up bile and not being able to eat. Eventualy I ate and felt so much better for it. Cure for a hangover = Cheese on toast.

What causes mine? Obviously Gin. I've never had one like that since. (That was a year ago this month).

Take after my dad so I get them really bad.

I drank a shit load at the halloween party. COuldn't remember most of it. The next day I couldn't even hold water down and I kept throwing up. I had an appointment at the orthodontist in the hospital that day as well. Whilst I was being x-rayed my vision just went black and my whole body went weak. I just sat on the floor and said "I can't see." After a few seconds my vision came back and I saw the nurse standing there looking shocked and my dad stood behind her grinning at me. So the nurse said, "What's wrong? DOn't you like dentists?"

I had to wait for quite a while in the hospital so my dad bought an orange lucozade energy. It was the only thing that day that didn't taste like sick and whiskey. And I seemed to be keeping it down. So on the way out I bought another one but decided to try apple flavour. However about 400m from my house the window rolled down and the vomit rolled out. Then my mum made a shepherds pie and insisted that I try some. I tried a tiny forkful of mince which proceeded to come forth from my mouth still quite whole a few minutes later.

The worst sick was in the morning. I had already thrown up water twice and (I think) apple juice once. I decided to eat an apple. However about ten seconds after finishing said apple I ran outside and threw up 1 whole apple albeit chewed up. However there was no liquid coming out with it so it was like eating a whole apple at once except backwards. I also did that thing where you are still wretching but there is nothing left inside to come up.

I still felt like shit the next day but alas I went to school.

*awaits comments such as "man up" etc.*

Well I've had a few, and I generally just go back to sleep and then eat when I get up. I don't know about if any of these recipes for hangover cures actually work.

I remember my first one was when I was on a spanish exchange with the school. We went to a club thing for teenagers and since the age limit is less out there we all got wasted. Bad idea. The next morning, I had to survive whilst eating breakfast out with the family =[ I don't think my exchange guy was too happy.

You ever had a hang over? yes

What does it feel like? headache and ocassionally nausea

How often do you get em? after any time I've had too much

What causes them for you? er... alcohol? specifically, in excess, and when mixing types?

I remember I got my first hangover after stealing a load of spirits from my parents and a couple of beers. In the morning all they discovered missing was the two beers, they thought me and my mate had got wasted on a beer each. It was that or admitting the spirit thievery....

You ate an apple? Acid = bad, if you can't keep water down, then don't try much else, though from the dehydration..

I've never had one, I drink alot when I can, though must have been quite fortunate, I've had ''omg what the heck did I do or who did I do last night'' but never anything else.

Moogle that sounds really bad! :X

I've never been sick, I don't drink that far because when people do it, it totally ruins the mood. Glad my hangovers haven't been followed with being sick either, I feel it but it never happens. I usually just eat something small like toast and then sleep some more.

Although I don't usually get hangovers, bit of a lightweight I guess =]

Oh man, where do I start?

I seem to get them all the time after drinking when I go straight to bed when getting home. If I get a chippy on the way home or make something when I get back I'm generally fine in the morning. I try to drink loads of water when I get back too but quite often forget.

My worst ever hangover? Possibly after the 2006 Christmas Dance. Was at a party afterwards and don't have a clue what I drank... Wasn't actually sick until the next morning when I went into school dressed in my kilt because I didn't have any other clothes to wear (was planning on going home but my mum was out and I didn't have a key). Managed to survive the first 2 periods of lessons but then started feeling really sick. Had an apple for some reason at break and then went to 3rd period. Half way out I had to excuse myself (read: run out of class) and go to the toilets where I preceded to throw up the entirety of what I drank the night before. Did have a funny conversation with the guy who was being sick in the cubicle next door though. Went to my next class feeling like shit, at the end of that I had to run away to be sick again. Felt so bad during lunch I decided it would be a good idea to go for a shower in the PE department for some reason. About 5 other people had had the same idea. For the rest of the day I just dozed at my desk in the classroom.

Had loads of other hangovers, they usually come after drinking beer and wine on the same night. I can handle one or the other and then moving onto spirits, but not both.

I had the shittest hang over ever on Sunday. I got absolutely shitfaced on Saturday, got home, went straight to bed. Woke up in the morning with a huge headache, and I couldn't eat anything until late afternoon just felt that rough. After a few glasses of water, a few beer shits, and two ibuprofen later, I was able to play 2 hours of football in the evening.

Usually a good glass of water before bed helps, but being so drunk you just fall into bed always means hang over for me.

I've had a 5 day hangover before, I wanted to die.

I get them all the time nowadays (getting old :( ) The worst ones are when I mix my drinks and dont eat anything before getting drunk. Feel utterly shit the following day, nothing gets rid of it until I go to sleep the next night.

Gin, Rum and Cider all give horrendous hangovers. I'm rarely sick from hangovers though although my 5 day one I was very sick pretty much every hour for about a day.

I've had a 5 day hangover before, I wanted to die.

I get them all the time nowadays (getting old :( ) The worst ones are when I mix my drinks and dont eat anything before getting drunk. Feel utterly shit the following day, nothing gets rid of it until I go to sleep the next night.

Gin, Rum and Cider all give horrendous hangovers. I'm rarely sick from hangovers though although my 5 day one I was very sick pretty much every hour for about a day.

Yep, I find hangovers impossible to shift. It has lead me to thinking that my body doesnt process alcohol very well so I don't drink as much anymore. People get pissy with me when I do though because I've started to refuse to drink at anything faster than a comfortable pace, which for me is very slow.

I don't drink to get hammered (apart from VERY rare occasions), I just like the taste of booze.

f00d before bed, such as a pizza or a kebab, sometimes helps soak some of it up. However I've mainly been dehydrated as fuck the morning after, possibly a headache.

The last time I was sick was when I made myself. I was about to go to bed and I could feel myself working towards it. So on my knees, over the toilet, fingers down throat. Didn't produce as much as I thought, was kinda disappointed.

I generally do not suffer from hang overs unless I go on a big night out and end up doing shots etc.

The only beer that gives me a hang over is stella and kronenbourg so I stay away from them.

If I do have a hang over and happen to be at home I just sleep and drink water and that sorts me out, however if I have to get up for work I have a Hash Brown sandwich in the morning. Yes thats right a hash brown sandwich. Full of grease and sorts me right out.

However if im on holiday to like spain and im drinking constantly my hangover cure is a simple. Chocolate Milk and a malibu. (bounty drink to some) it's such a nice drink to have in the summer. Few jumps in the pool and hang over gone.

I also recommend drinking any fizzy drink, coke is usually best. Sorts you right out too.

You ever had a hang over?

Yes, but only a couple of times.

What does it feel like?

The first was like a minor headache and feeling tired, the second was pretty undescribably dire... suffice to say I got up then went to bed for another 6 hours.

How often do you get em?

Very rarely.

What causes them for you?

Drinking too much without rehydrating before going to bed.

Incidentally, hangovers are a direct result of dehydration, so drink lots of water before going to bed.

Supergrunch, does trying to rehydrate when you already have a hangover make your brain swell, making it worse? Cos plenty of times, I've got up feeling a bit dodgy and after trying to do all of the wise things to cure a hangover just in case, it always gets much worse.

Supergrunch, does trying to rehydrate when you already have a hangover make your brain swell, making it worse? Cos plenty of times, I've got up feeling a bit dodgy and after trying to do all of the wise things to cure a hangover just in case, it always gets much worse.

I think drinking water is the best thing to do, but it doesn't necessarily mean you'll feel better - once you have a hangover, you basically have to wait until it goes. The only thing that will actually make you feel better is hair of the dog (drinking more), but that's a very bad idea because it will just delay your hangover, and when you finally do get it, it'll be worse.

I'm not sure exactly how the mechanism works, but I think the head pain is caused by the alcohol causing water to osmose out of brain cells, making them shrink and in some cases die.

I always used to accredit hangovers as constant hunger all day and sleepiness but then realised thats because I was having sugary crap or red bulls and not sleeping.

Nowadays hangovers tend to be a sluggish feeling but nothing a good long walk and some food can't cure. Then again, I seldom drink a lot. In fact, the last hangover I had was becasue I stayed up til 6am with jayseven drinking gin.