Resident Evil 0 Wiimake

triforcemario

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted this on Kotaku. Sums up my thoughts:

by King of Fun UK at 04:59 AM

Resident Evil 0-3 and CV are having motion controls added? Wahh? That makes no sense in so many ways.

Theres no simple over the shoulder shooting, so unless either they forget the pointer or they add a RE:UC style cursor on the screen and i die a little inside.

Hmm... not sure about this. I suppose it opens up the game to a wider audience (although RE0 can still be easily bought for GC on the internet) but if it really is just a straight port and only uses the Wii Remote then it does seem a bit pointless. I would love REmakes of numbers 2, 3 & CODE: Veronica though.

Hm.. How... surprising. Didn't see this one coming. So many questions, yet so little answers.

Is this a direct port of RE0 with some Wii-controls tagged on? Are those screenshots from the GC-game or actual Wii screens? If true, then it means they took the original game and re-using every asset there is.

If not, could there be a chance of seeing a complete overhaul in RE4-style gameplay? That means, keeping the basic storyline, but rebuilding everything into 3D?

The fact they're releasing RE0:Wii edition, does that mean they'll go all the way up to other games in the serie? Remaking RE1 AGAIN, then RE2, RE3 and finally RE:CVX? I applaud the latter three, since I haven't played thoses games, yet I also would like some proper games. New and original ones. Even RE:UC had some re-used assets in it.

I just hope there's more and better stuff coming from Capcom.

I'm happy about this i love my resident evil and i'll be getting this for sure when it comes out, would be great if they did redo the game but if not, i'm sure capcom will make the controls work, they are not going to give us anyold shit now are they.

*hopes for resi 2 remake*

Hope Capcom don't use these sales as indicators for releasing future games on Wii. I feel like they're taking the piss a bit. Res Evil 4, great game, great Wii version, but still a port. But I'm really glad they did it. They then think, hmmmm, rather than put effort into porting number 5, lets do easy ports of the old games cause they'll sell anyway, Wii owners are idiots!!!

I refer to my earlier thread:

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19499

However, I will forgive them if they make Zack and Wicki 2 and bring SFIV to Wii :)

Unless they alter the camera system to an over the shoulder view ala RE4, i see little point in just porting it and adding waggle, unless they remove the pointer for shooter...but that would be even more pointless.

Plus if they were to do it ala RE4 they would pretty much have to rebuild the game from the ground up since they'll need things to be full 3D and not pre-rendered... although they would have some locations already built from RE:UC.

If it's a proper REmake:Zero with RE4 view point built in full 3D, I will get certainly get it.

If it's a port with added "waggle" I see little point, especailly if there will be no bonus content.

However I think if they were gonna go down the REmake route then it should have been RE2, that game is screaming out for a REmake2.

Finally, how much more convincing do Capcom need to get work on a new RE for Wii (or even 5?) RE4 surpassed their wildest dreams, RE:UC performed well as did Zack and Wiki....why do they need more "testing"?

They then think, hmmmm, rather than put effort into porting number 5, lets do easy ports of the old games cause they'll sell anyway, Wii owners are idiots!!!

You seriously think that Resi5 could be done on Wii? Errrm, not going to happen.

At Capcom Office:

Studio Head: So what we were thinking is that we could port Res5.

Exec Producer: Ok, so what's that going to take? Let's talk money, time etc. here...

Studio Head: Well first we'll need to totally rewrite the texturing system, drop the poly count on everything, take off most of the lighting effects, rewrite the renderer, redo all of the textures to cope with all of these changes visually and maybe a bit, or maybe a lot more. Might have to look at dropping some of the sound too. The in game cut sequences are likely to need redoing too.

Exec Producer: Sounds like a big job, anything else I should know about?

Studio Head: Ahhh yes of course, we'll need to implement the controll system but that's all old code already so it's in the bag.

Exec Producer: So what you're telling me is that you want to rework a game to port it to the Wii, costing almost as much as it did for us to MAKE a new game for the system? A port which will lose around half of it's next gen graphical features? I'll tell you what, why don't you go make us a new IP.