Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zero Punctuation!

Kirkatronics

To answer that thought right..

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES...

And to answer to your thought...

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT OOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFF NOSTAAAAAAAAAALGIAAAAAAAAAAA GOGGLEEEEEEEEEES!!!

And to answer your thoughts... Stop using that excuse for everything.

Zelda has two aspects: Exploration (includes secrets, side-quests, collecting things, etc.), and the main adventure itself (includes the plot, storyline and overall epicness).

Ocarina of Time delivered both excellently for its time. The exploration part is timeless, and still holds on to this day.

However, the main adventure part has aged. OoT has been surpassed by TP in this aspect.

But even if TP delivers a good adventure, the exploration part is severely lacking.

So, it all comes down to wether you prefer the adventure or the exploration. One half will say TP is better than OoT, while the other one will say TP was very disappointing.

As much as you want it, sure, Mario revolutionized the platformers, but its a fact that Sunshine is better than Mario, which is obvious...

No. That's an opinion.

And my opinion says SM64 was better. SMS was a nice game, sure, but a few things lacking.

But it's not a fact, which is obvious...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nop, that's your opinion :P

My opinion says its a fact, therefore, you suck :P

But yes, i have to stop using that "Nostalgia Goggles" thingy...

I just think, that, if you were like Yahtzee, and played TP before OT, there would be no doubt about what's the best game...

But whatever...

I just think, that, if you were like Yahtzee, and played TP before OT, there would be no doubt about what's the best game...

I dunno, I just asked my friend, who played the two games at around the same time which he preferred and he went for ocarina *shrug*. It's an interesting debate in anycase. I'm going Ocarina aswell...

A question...if you played TP before OoT, doesn't that mean you are also affected by said "goggles" when playing OoT?

And that is exactly the flaw in his argument. To be honest, 'modern day goggles' are far worse than 'nostalgia goggles'. What do I mean by this?

Imagine playing Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess all around the same time (like I believe he has). 'Modern day goggles' would mean that you'd be judging all three games with modern expectations, and probably view Ocarina as having less features, worse graphics and a sub-par story to TP. People who played Ocarina in the past when it came out would not judge it on graphics still today, since we're used to them from the past and saw them as great for the time. Also, the fact that TP may have everything that Ocarina has plus more would sway 'modern day goggles' wearers in the direction of thinking it was amazing, while those who had already played OoT in the past would see it merely as just being like OoT with some worthwhile additions (think the GTA VC and SA installments).

Basically, some of us who played OoT back in the day appreciate it without judging it by the standards of today, and as someone has said, we judge it on how great it was at the time since it would be unfair to keep directly comparing games.

And that is exactly the flaw in his argument. To be honest, 'modern day goggles' are far worse than 'nostalgia goggles'. What do I mean by this?

Imagine playing Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess all around the same time (like I believe he has). 'Modern day goggles' would mean that you'd be judging all three games with modern expectations, and probably view Ocarina as having less features, worse graphics and a sub-par story to TP. People who played Ocarina in the past when it came out would not judge it on graphics still today, since we're used to them from the past and saw them as great for the time. Also, the fact that TP may have everything that Ocarina has plus more would sway 'modern day goggles' wearers in the direction of thinking it was amazing, while those who had already played OoT in the past would see it merely as just being like OoT with some worthwhile additions (think the GTA VC and SA installments).

Basically, some of us who played OoT back in the day appreciate it without judging it by the standards of today, and as someone has said, we judge it on how great it was at the time since it would be unfair to keep directly comparing games.

So here's what happened:

GTA III came, rulled a lot

GTA Vice City came, rulled a lot

GTA San Andreas came, rulled a lot

GTA 4 came, rulled a lot, little to add from GTA San Andreas, therefore a desappointment...

-------------------------------

The Legend of Zelda OOT came, rulled a lot

The Legend of Zelda MM came, rulled a lot

The Legend of Zelda WW came, rulled a lot

The Legend Of Zelda TP came, rulled a lot, little to add from previous versions, therefore a disappointment...

--------------------------------

We all agree on this, right? Think about it before coming to the next point:

It doesn't matter, its true that TP added little to OOT, but the fact is it still has more than OOT, therefore, even though it was a disappointment, Legend of Zelda TP IS BETTER THAN OOT.

So here's what happened:

The Legend of Zelda OOT came, rulled a lot

The Legend of Zelda MM came, rulled a lot

The Legend of Zelda WW came, rulled a lot

The Legend Of Zelda TP came, rulled a lot, little to add from previous versions, therefore a disappointment...

You're talking BS. You were 4 years old when OoT came out, so how would you know it ruled a lot? The fact you are judging the greatness of games purely on content and not on freshness (for instance, if a sequel released was a clone of a prequel with one additional feature it would be like we had played the game already, but with one additional feature - yet in your eyes this 'clone' would be better).

This covers two games I have played to bits, and thus solidifies one thing I've known about this guy all along: whilst he may be hilarious, he obviously barely plays the games, has no concept of simply enjoying games for the sake of enjoyment and has no friends whatsoever to play multiplayer modes with.

The controls on BC: Rearmed are brilliant once you get the hang of it, and CC is one of the most fun multiplayer games I've been through in years.

• 2 weeks later...
Good of him to mention the graphics, we're back to that old gem.

Actually in this game the poor graphics quality really annoyed me, especially during some cut scenes. For instance the Star Destroyers: I couldn't help but think that they would look so much better on other consoles.

They looked better on the GC too.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!